Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1163 replies to this topic

sephiroth_king
[ Display Name History ]

sephiroth_king

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,115 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kazan Wynn
  • RSN2:Kazan Wynn
  • Clan:PM Me If You Want Me To Join.

Upgrade your computer then :) Can't miss out on the badass-ness of modding ES games.

Laptop <_<

He still has a point. You haven't played an ES game if you haven't modded it.

Mods really do make a game, especially with the various options that you have for the mods. I mean, Deadly Reflex is still one of my favorite mods alongside Unnecessary Violence in Oblivion. Incredible mods especially since the newest version of Deadly Reflex just came out with horse combat. Then theres the minimap hud element.

Point is, there is plenty of talent out there that can enhance the game.

I really do wish I could post the pictures of the GI magazine when they come out, but I know thats against copyright law, but I did hear that GI will have its own dedicated Skyrim galleries and its own page on their site, which I will post there and, of course, link the site. Bethesda should release some things soon, though. I'm expecting something after this week, and if not then, then January.

I just want to see what this new engine can do, to be honest. And I will mention that 1000x over until they release pictures. :P
Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Upgrade your computer then :) Can't miss out on the badass-ness of modding ES games.

Laptop <_<

He still has a point. You haven't played an ES game if you haven't modded it.

Mods really do make a game, especially with the various options that you have for the mods. I mean, Deadly Reflex is still one of my favorite mods alongside Unnecessary Violence in Oblivion. Incredible mods especially since the newest version of Deadly Reflex just came out with horse combat. Then theres the minimap hud element.

Point is, there is plenty of talent out there that can enhance the game.

I really do wish I could post the pictures of the GI magazine when they come out, but I know thats against copyright law, but I did hear that GI will have its own dedicated Skyrim galleries and its own page on their site, which I will post there and, of course, link the site. Bethesda should release some things soon, though. I'm expecting something after this week, and if not then, then January.

I just want to see what this new engine can do, to be honest. And I will mention that 1000x over until they release pictures. :P

Deadly reflex? I don't believe I heard of that one.

Besides all natural (so pretty) my favorite mod would have have to been eagle eye, the game is tailored to the melee class, most games are, eagle eye actually makes archery worth a damn. I actually didn't wear armor in battle, I wore my enchanted clothes and always got in a sneak attack, most things were 1 hit kills. (enchanted being I boosted the [bleep] out of my marksman and sneak.)

sephiroth_king
[ Display Name History ]

sephiroth_king

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Besides all natural (so pretty) my favorite mod would have have to been eagle eye, the game is tailored to the melee class, most games are, eagle eye actually makes archery worth a damn. I actually didn't wear armor in battle, I wore my enchanted clothes and always got in a sneak attack, most things were 1 hit kills. (enchanted being I boosted the [bleep] out of my marksman and sneak.)

Deadly Reflex is awesome. Horse Combat, more fluid melee strikes (i.e. decapitations) and awesome animations. Definitely one to check out.

Eagle eye is also an amazing mod, I love being an archer and a mage, always <3'd distance fighting more than anything else, that's why I use Midas magic. Fantastic if you want to be both.

I just hope that there's is an improved combat spectrum in Skyrim, and I'm confident that this will happen with the new engine. Hopefully they'll actually have "radiant AI," I mean they have it but it is not as they had originally hyped it to be.

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

Deadly Reflex is awesome. Horse Combat, more fluid melee strikes (i.e. decapitations) and awesome animations. Definitely one to check out.

Eagle eye is also an amazing mod, I love being an archer and a mage, always <3'd distance fighting more than anything else, that's why I use Midas magic. Fantastic if you want to be both.

I just hope that there's is an improved combat spectrum in Skyrim, and I'm confident that this will happen with the new engine. Hopefully they'll actually have "radiant AI," I mean they have it but it is not as they had originally hyped it to be.

OBMS (I believe that's the one.) has 4 different magic mods you need before you can install it, Midas magic being one. I had it installed but haven't played through oblivion as a mage. Honestly most of the time magic is so horribly underpowered that I would never want to use it, ever. I reloaded my computer since then and don't have oblivion installed now, but when I do reinstall it sometime, i'd like to play through it as a mage. I played through vanilla as a warrior, i'm sure that'd be much different now too.

But I have a question, what's the worst mod you ever installed?

Mine is realistic fatigue, sounded fine in the description, you need to manage your fatigue, as it goes down you tire, movements slow, and if it's low enough you can trip, add a little more realism to the game. Except the fatique bar never went down, so i'd just randomly trip if I was trying not to die, and wouldn't have any warning I would.

and I do have a second worse one. The first time I went on the Nexus, in the showcased mods there was this vampireism mod, which turns out was a twilight based vampirism mod. I installed it, became a vampire, etc. There's only one thing it changed, any time the sun is out you got a status called "bright sun" which would put a 50000 gold bounty on your head so every guard in the entire city would want to kill you. And then when I tried to disable it, I couldn't or I would lose my save game. So I had to deal with it long enough to do the quest to cure my vampireism, only to find out that it didn't allow the cure to work. And then I used the developer console to get rid of it. NEVER FKING AGAIN.

Also because FEZ doesn't allow you to say the word [bleep], ingame we use [bleep], i've noticed many places I started using [bleep] instead, lol.

doomy
[ Display Name History ]

doomy

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,679 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Note to self: Get better PC next year.

Looks amazing, Oblivion was definately amazing and it had a great modding community also.

Unfortunately if I don't get a better PC I might have to get it on Xbox...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Blake
[ Display Name History ]

Blake

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • RSN:Biake
  • RSN2:Blake-o
I have it on my Macbook Pro, and I have a bunch of mods like OOO and it runs fine... but I would really like to get a nice desktop for more intense stuff. I also have it on xbox, cause it's fun to play vanilla every once in a while. The thing about having a complete overhaul like OOO was that there are no guides or locations for anything, so you're exploring and finding everything yourself which makes the game SO much better.

Posted Image

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

I have it on my Macbook Pro, and I have a bunch of mods like OOO and it runs fine... but I would really like to get a nice desktop for more intense stuff. I also have it on xbox, cause it's fun to play vanilla every once in a while. The thing about having a complete overhaul like OOO was that there are no guides or locations for anything, so you're exploring and finding everything yourself which makes the game SO much better.

Care to explain what OOO is, and does? I would google it, but it's not getting me anywhere.

sephiroth_king
[ Display Name History ]

sephiroth_king

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

OBMS (I believe that's the one.) has 4 different magic mods you need before you can install it, Midas magic being one. I had it installed but haven't played through oblivion as a mage. Honestly most of the time magic is so horribly underpowered that I would never want to use it, ever. I reloaded my computer since then and don't have oblivion installed now, but when I do reinstall it sometime, i'd like to play through it as a mage. I played through vanilla as a warrior, i'm sure that'd be much different now too.

The alternative Oblivion Magic System? Yeah, I tried that. It definitely is a pretty good mod, at least I remember liking it. After my finals this week and when I get home, I'll be playing Oblivion. Lots. And I'm going to try that again.

But I have a question, what's the worst mod you ever installed?

Mine is realistic fatigue, sounded fine in the description, you need to manage your fatigue, as it goes down you tire, movements slow, and if it's low enough you can trip, add a little more realism to the game. Except the fatique bar never went down, so i'd just randomly trip if I was trying not to die, and wouldn't have any warning I would.

I remember seeing realistic fatigue and laughing on how absolutely tedious it would be.

Mine is cinematic camera mod, which basically took away first person view entirely and put in a pretty badass 3rd person view, but the reason why it wasn't an entirely basass mod is because it didn't replace the other third person view mod, and this could cause glitching if you're like me and switch from first person view to third often. I guess the camera was hard coded into the vanilla game and first person view wasn't, thus they could replace first person view. Its too bad, I would've used this mod otherwise.

and I do have a second worse one. The first time I went on the Nexus, in the showcased mods there was this vampireism mod, which turns out was a twilight based vampirism mod. I installed it, became a vampire, etc. There's only one thing it changed, any time the sun is out you got a status called "bright sun" which would put a 50000 gold bounty on your head so every guard in the entire city would want to kill you. And then when I tried to disable it, I couldn't or I would lose my save game. So I had to deal with it long enough to do the quest to cure my vampireism, only to find out that it didn't allow the cure to work. And then I used the developer console to get rid of it. NEVER FKING AGAIN.

:lol: That sucks, neevr installed it myself. I did install a vampirism mod, though, and hopefully it isn't the same one you speak of. That would be horrible.

Also because FEZ doesn't allow you to say the word [bleep], ingame we use [bleep], i've noticed many places I started using [bleep] instead, lol.

:P

sephiroth_king
[ Display Name History ]

sephiroth_king

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Care to explain what OOO is, and does? I would google it, but it's not getting me anywhere.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, which basically overhauls the game. Makes mobs not level with you, and makesit a lot more rewarding.

Then again, FCOM, or the community overhaul combiner, which combines a bunch of comprehensive overhauls together without conflicts, is the best, though it requires work to actually install.

I'm using my macbook pro for gaming until the new 8 core processors come out for my desktop build, which is still 5 or six months away, give or take a month.

And, as I've said above, OOO is awesome, but FCOM is better, despite the many steps required to install it. I even still have to reinstall it and I'm not particularly excited to do so. :S

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

The alternative Oblivion Magic System? Yeah, I tried that. It definitely is a pretty good mod, at least I remember liking it. After my finals this week and when I get home, I'll be playing Oblivion. Lots. And I'm going to try that again.

Mine is cinematic camera mod, which basically took away first person view entirely and put in a pretty badass 3rd person view, but the reason why it wasn't an entirely basass mod is because it didn't replace the other third person view mod, and this could cause glitching if you're like me and switch from first person view to third often. I guess the camera was hard coded into the vanilla game and first person view wasn't, thus they could replace first person view. Its too bad, I would've used this mod otherwise.

I had a camera mod, it replaced the 1st person view with a slightly over the shoulder view, a hybrid between the 3rd person view and the first person view, it threw all my aimming off a little, but I preserverd. Why would I bother with customizing my character if I was just gonna be in 1st person view all the time.

This was it:

picture

Blake
[ Display Name History ]

Blake

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,378 posts

http://www.oscurogam...-desc-high.html

That's his website where you can read about it and download it. It is one of the biggest overhauls, with the other three that FCOM includes like someone else said. It adds new characters, races, npcs, 1000's of items, more quests, dungeon, spells.... the list goes on. It makes everything static, more balanced, and exciting. Also fixes almost every bug. It's basically amazing :thumbup: The website says there's over 1 million dowloads just in north america alone.

Posted Image

sephiroth_king
[ Display Name History ]

sephiroth_king

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,115 posts
^^that's the camera. I like first person view solely for combat, then third person view for wandering. That is, until someone successfully creates a first person body mod. Then, I will be in first person mode a lot. Hopefully, the modder p-froggy can persevere from his rl issues and finish the mod. He was really far into it.

First Person Viewable Body (watch his trailer)

Bear in mind that is months old, but I'm not willing to give up. There are also other versions as well, like the one from Loup Sombre, whom along with that mod also did a third person actions in first person view mod, which is also in Deadly Reflex as well (though Loup's is glitchy...not sure about the DR version, though).

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

That's his website where you can read about it and download it. It is one of the biggest overhauls, with the other three that FCOM includes like someone else said. It adds new characters, races, npcs, 1000's of items, more quests, dungeon, spells.... the list goes on. It makes everything static, more balanced, and exciting. Also fixes almost every bug. It's basically amazing :thumbup: The website says there's over 1 million dowloads just in north america alone.

So it's just a compilation of a lot of mods then *hasn't read the website* So is it just a neat package for all the different mods, instead of having to search them all out, find out what you need to install those mods, install that, install the other mods, etc?

^^that's the camera. I like first person view solely for combat, then third person view for wandering. That is, until someone successfully creates a first person body mod. Then, I will be in first person mode a lot. Hopefully, the modder p-froggy can persevere from his rl issues and finish the mod. He was really far into it.

Bear in mind that is months old, but I'm not willing to give up. There are also other versions as well, like the one from Loup Sombre, whom along with that mod also did a third person actions in first person view mod, which is also in Deadly Reflex as well (though Loup's is glitchy...not sure about the DR version, though).

Just shift you aim a little, all aim is off to the Right if you have it at right side, or left if you have it off to the left side.

Blake
[ Display Name History ]

Blake

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,378 posts

So it's just a compilation of a lot of mods then *hasn't read the website* So is it just a neat package for all the different mods, instead of having to search them all out, find out what you need to install those mods, install that, install the other mods, etc?

Just shift you aim a little, all aim is off to the Right if you have it at right side, or left if you have it off to the left side.

Oh no, sorry for the confusion. FCOM is a compilation of 4 huge mods, OOO being one of them and standing for the O. All the things I described in the last post are all in OOO, one mod made by one person.

Posted Image

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

Oh no, sorry for the confusion. FCOM is a compilation of 4 huge mods, OOO being one of them and standing for the O. All the things I described in the last post are all in OOO, one mod made by one person.

I believe I had FCOM downloaded but never got around to installing it.

Misterknowitall
[ Display Name History ]

Misterknowitall

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  • RSN:Priest Wiz
  • Clan:The Caped Carousers
It's confirmed. Skyrim won't be an MMO :^_^:

Wingless
[ Display Name History ]

Wingless

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • RSN:Nephilim

It's confirmed. Skyrim won't be an MMO :^_^:

GOOD TIMES

Also, I hope people do another Elswyr-styled mod, maybe even put Cyrodil in Skyrim. I also have to force someone to make another Pack Guar mod <3: I LOVE YOU ROLLIE THE PACK GUAR~

Posted Image

sephiroth_king
[ Display Name History ]

sephiroth_king

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,115 posts
At around January 6th or so GameInformers website will be doing a month long Skyrim preview leaks, and so far they say this game is amazing. Can't really complain there.

Until then, there really isn't a whole lot to say. 'Cept wait for Bethesda to post some things of their own. I'm just glad I'm finally on winter break. :)

sephiroth_king
[ Display Name History ]

sephiroth_king

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,115 posts
Gameinformer cover revealed. Check it out on the first page. I will post images from GI when I see them, but no scans from the magazine, as it is illegal to do so. However, I will link to other sites that have them. Expect them sometime in the next couple of days, and I will also post information from the magazine itself.

That is all. :)

T. Skill
[ Display Name History ]

T. Skill

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • RSN '07:tha sour
I'm really excited about this game. The only Elder Scrolls game I've played is Oblivion and I love it so much. I still can't put it down after almost a year (I entered late into the series). And I doubt I'll stop playing anytime soon. And Skyrim looks amazing! I can't wait.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users