The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Hmm, I guess I'll try and be the hype informative for this game similar to Reach last year.

The Sounds of Skyrim

We get to hear some spell effects, some enemy effects, and a small glimpse at the musical magic Jeremy Soule will treat us to come November.

The main theme sounds amazing.

vizardsig-1.png

As Skyrim begins, a lone prisoner begins to learn that he may hold a similar power

-From the wall

Imagine that :roll:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

As Skyrim begins, a lone prisoner begins to learn that he may hold a similar power

-From the wall

Imagine that :roll:

That's an Elder Scrolls thing to start out in prison. I'm glad they're keeping the tradition. :)

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Personally I would have liked to be royalty... or maybe even just a commoner. Imagine having a family while being this... hero. Things could be interesting if that happened (a lot better than Fable if you ask me. So much more in depth.)

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/b/xbox360/archive/2011/01/17/the-technology-behind-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim.aspx

EEK

A SCREENSHOT

AND THE NEW ENGINE IS JUST... *drools*

My God... the description of this engine is just... fantastic. Altering the weight of branches so it changes how it shakes in the wind? =P~

I just hope my PC can run it, otherwise it's time for an actual gaming PC.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/b/xbox360/archive/2011/01/17/the-technology-behind-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim.aspx

EEK

A SCREENSHOT

AND THE NEW ENGINE IS JUST... *drools*

My God... the description of this engine is just... fantastic. Altering the weight of branches so it changes how it shakes in the wind? =P~

I just hope my PC can run it, otherwise it's time for an actual gaming PC.

I'm waiting for the AMD Bulldozer processors this summer before I build my PC, I've been waiting for them far before this game was announced. When I saw it was announced, I pretty much got an even better incentive to build it.

The Creation Engine is awesome. I'll update the post tomorrow or something, but I'm beta testing a mod for FNV right now, so I don't have a ton of time to do anything else.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Bethseda will release the Skyrim Creation Kit. Yay for modding! :thumbup:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1160177-creation-engine-and-kit/page__p__17019742#entry17019742

It actually comes in-the-box with the game. For PC only, the glorious PC gaming master race :D

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Bethseda will release the Skyrim Creation Kit. Yay for modding! :thumbup:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1160177-creation-engine-and-kit/page__p__17019742#entry17019742

It actually comes in-the-box with the game. For PC only, the glorious PC gaming master race :D

Well, that makes the decision a lot easier.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/01/20/skyrim-s-dragon-shouts.aspx

Interesting - there's a lot of detail there about the Dragon Shouts and what they're used for.

It seems that we'll be able to Summon a Dragon in and it'll help us with combat... I wonder if that means you can use it as a Mount, too? ;3

http://www.gameinfor...gon-shouts.aspx

Interesting - there's a lot of detail there about the Dragon Shouts and what they're used for.

It seems that we'll be able to Summon a Dragon in and it'll help us with combat... I wonder if that means you can use it as a Mount, too? ;3

Lancing on Dragons, calling it now.

vizardsig-1.png

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/01/24/skyrim-building-better-combat.aspx

The first page basically describes the Deadly Reflex mod :unsure:

Maybe they'll work on that and make it twice as better. I hope there's a level of gore too.

But the Magic improvements sound so awesome... Finally, realistic elemental behaviour and possibly Spell Weaving.

Also:

We also wanted to let you know that there's more to come. We have some exciting new gameplay details and glimpses into the Bethesda studio coming next week.

AMG GAMEPLAY D:

Edit:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/26/the-art-of-skyrim.aspx

Squeee, art! :thumbup:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1163088-skyrim-french-coverage-summary/

-dynamic shadows

-if a weapon and a shield or two weapons are equiped, you cannot cast any spell (quite logical indeed)

-it seems that smithing can only be done in forges (you cannot repair your equipment everywhere like in morrowind or oblivion)

-new screenshot (i think so) with the PC facing the camera in a cave, wearing an elven armor, a sword in his right hand, and a kind of torch or light staff in his left hand.

-incredible level of detail such as : blood vessels on skin, modelling, animations, clothings (not sure what "clothing" means here))

-meteorological effects : clouds are gathering in real time around mountain peaks (sounds pretty cool), snow affects textures (so again pretty much confirmed that this isn't 3d accumulating snow but I'm fine with that anyway).

-a major inspiration for snowy landscapes seems to be artists like Brom and Frazetta.

-Matthew Carofano (artistic director of Skyrim) : Dwemer ruins (we know that already) and a Dunmer city!!! (yeah you heard me : Dunmer :celebration: ) ;

-again from M. Carifano : "after Oblivion where every place looked alike, in Skyrim you'll find once agin the excentricity of Vvardenfell. Here every Nord Clan has its own colors, its own identity."

-For consoles : the "block" action is performed by pressing both trigger buttons at the same time. Each separatly correspond to the action of what you equipped in one hand or the other.

-80 spells among which some are entirely new (the journalist might have picked a rounded off number since I remember GI said 85 or so?)

-spells confirmed : Detect Life, Fury (force ennemies to fight between them), Circle of Protection (hurl ennemies outside a magic circle), Snow trap (triggers only when an ennemy walks on it), Lightnings, Fireballs.

-Concerning finishing moves we'll see stuffs like : Axe blade planted in the neck, dagger in the chest.

-Concerning skills : Athletics (they surely meant Acrobatics) doesn't exist anymore (to prevent the player boosting this only by jumping on stand)

-AI : NPCs have day and night activities like cooking and brushing the ground in front of their houses.

-dialogues : most "inimportant" NPC like simple villagers won't have any dialogue tree (instead they'll directly comment on rumors or on what they're doing) ; only important NPCs will actually exchange dialogue with you, you CAN cut short the dialogue simply by walking away.

-Every city and town is bound to some particular resources meaning if you burn their mill or mine, you affect their economy and they'll be forced to buy flour or mineral somewhere else and when you'll want to buy these resources here again it will be more expensive. (good thing for evil characters :) and maybe desctructible environnement?)

-the Dragon Shout key on PS3 is R3 (don't ask me more since I'm a PC player)

-archery : when aiming at something, you can hold your breath (consuming stamina) and the action is slowed.

-Dark Brotherhood mentionned as might be in (the reason beeing that the devs had a lot of fun developping it in Oblivion)

-Dragons can be unpredictible in their behaviour, they will fly in the air, crawl on the land, they can crash when wounded.

-On the favorite menu: "Cliking on a key, the screen freeze and a list of weapons or 'favorite' spells is shown next to each hand".

-Todd Howard Interview :

-"a cause-consequence tree for each mission",

-each mission will be a bit different from the same mission played by another player who has done other quests. Also can be different depending on which mission you did before.

-If you meet a Giant on the road he might totally not attack you unless you attack him.

-it seems he says that when most NPCs give you a quest, they'll give you precise directions or accompany you to the road showing you which direction to take to go on on you quest.

-the player should be excited when discovering a new place, or overhearing rumors spoken by NPCs between them.

-the testers mark the most beautiful landscape, so they should have things like temples, stuff that will entice the player to go and check by himself.

-in Oblivion there was only 1 guy working on the dungeons, this time for Skyrim, 8 devs are working on them.

-120 dungeons (again might be another round off number, cause we already heard 130+)

-Speaking of jobs : woodcutting, weaponsmithing, sells stuffs you made to the forge or to the mill...

-he insists on the importance of activities they thought apparently useless before Skyrim, but they found that was surprinsingly important for immersion after implementing them into Skyrim.

Overall, the journalists seem pretty enthusiast and optimistic with the game and they can't wait to play it in November.

Personnaly I'm very excited with most news about Skyrim, except the fact we don't get much news on the UI for the PC version (I'm a bit scared if it's the same Apple thingy), and I hate the fact w'ell get Oblivion style fast-travel again (here also hoping they'll include travel services as well to please everybody). Anyway, I'm not here to start another war and on the other side I'm so releaved that the magic quest markers seem to be gone once and for all (at least according to what I read in the french mag).

Let's discuss the news now! :celebration:

PS: Sorry for synthax and grammatics, I'm not a native english speaker. :wink_smile:

vizardsig-1.png

so does this mean npcs will say things like" x is located south of y and east of z" instead of just marking things on your map?

From what I gathered, they will actually TAKE you to the place. :thumbup:

I hope they keep the same content level and complexity of Morrowind (or even Daggerfall).

One thing that disappointed me about Oblivion was that it wasn't as deep and didn't have as much content as Morrowind.

One thing that disappointed me about Oblivion was that it wasn't as deep and didn't have as much content as Morrowind.

This. Oblivion was so easy.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!