The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Dunno if it's been posted yet, but it's on the wiki...

Bethesda's Todd Howard has confirmed that the studio is trying to find a way to let 360 and PS3 gamers install user-generated content with TESV: Skyrim. The only problem is finding a way to allow users to download the content. "It works on all the consoles," he said. "As far as the 360 and PS3, right now there's not an avenue for us to make that available, but wed very much like to find a way. We have talked to Microsoft and Sony, and so there's a chance it might happen one day, [but] I don't see it happening for release."

Third-party mods have been a huge part of the Elder Scrolls series since Morrowind and have allowed PC players to add almost anything to their games. The leading TES mod site, TES Nexus currently features over 24,000 files, and there is every indication that Skyrim will continue the high level of input from the modding community.

Modding on the consoles would be awesome. Even though, I'll still probably get it for pc. I just like getting achievements :mellow:

2s0cxth.png

I'll just leave these here.

[hide] WFPCf.jpg

0wajh.jpg

[/hide]

Three new Dragon Shouts are also described:

- "Yol Toor": Fire Breath

- "Iiz Slen": Ice Crystals

- "Strun Bah Qo": Lightning Storm

- Slow Time

- Whirlwind Spirit (quickly move in one direction)

In combat, torches are now also able to be used as a weapon. The possible dual-wielding combinations are:

- Weapon and weapon

- Weapon and shield

- Weapon and torch

- Spell and weapon

- Spell and shield*

- Spell and torch*

- Torch and shield*

- Spell and Spell

- Two-handed weapon

*These aren't mentioned, but it makes sense they'll be in, too.

The random quests generated by the game's Radiant Story-mechanic were inspired by the random encounters in Fallout 3. The people at Bethesda didn't like how 'fake' some of the quests in Oblivion felt, and hope to make the ones in Skyrim feel more 'real'.

There are 13 different types of ore to be used for your Crafting/Smithing skill. There's also an unfortunate casualty: Hand to Hand has been removed.

There are 60.000 lines of recorded dialog in the game, with a lot more voice actors than in Oblivion or Fallout 3 (for reference: Fallout 3 had 40.000 recorded lines). Three new factions are also confirmed (alongside the Dark Brotherhood):

- The Thieves Guild

- The College of Winter Hold (for Mages)

- The Companions (for Warriors)

The stories told in these faction questlines will be interwoven with one another, and with the main questline.

Each city in the world has an unique economy, which the player can sabotage, should they so desire. Cities are still patrolled by guards, but they're no longer the omniscient killing machines they were in Oblivion. Bounties the player can incur are also no longer valid throughout the land: for instance, if you kill someone in Hold A, the guards in Hold B will not arrest you for it.

As for traversing the world, you get a few options. Horses are back, and according to the article actually handle like horses this time. The fast-travel system from Morrowind returns as well, with carriages able to transport you to all the major settlements in Skyrim right from the start. Oblivion's fast-travel also returns, but only for locations you've already discovered.

There are also new screenshots described, though I haven't seen them for myself yet. These include a battle with a Draugr, a campsite near a river, a new type of fire spell, a female human character walking towards a city, a close-up of a female (possibly Imperial) warrior, a guard in Legionnaire armor and a bearded Nord in a castle, armed with a warhammer.

From the Bethesda forums. Will update as I learn more.

http://i.imgur.com/hqOEk.jpg

vizardsig-1.png

It really sucks that this game, MW3, battlefield 3, and forza 4 all comes out around November, during one of my hardest semesters so far. I'm spending most of my time on this one though. The quest improvements along with the economy and bounty in the last article sound awesome!

2s0cxth.png

YES! I'm going to love this game I'm sure of it. Morrowind was the first good computer game I ever owned and my game time on Oblivion got near to 80 days! I hope Skyrim has the more expansive feel of Morrowind but with less of the pointlessness and endlessness and also no Cliff thingy's! Basically I can't wait but I might have to buy a new computer for it :P

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

More info from the magazine:

- The city of Whiterun is surrounded by brown and green tundra

- Mammoths travel in herds, and usually with giants. Attack one mammoth, and you'll get the entire herd after you.

- An attacking dragon is decribed as "picking up a Giant's body in its claws"

- Dragons can sometimes back eachother up in combat (though it's not common)

- Not every dragon is a "fire" dragon. There are other types.

- One of the boss-level enemies is called a "Draugr Overlord"

- Ward spells are a magical "shield", and are an effective alternative to using a corporeal one.

- The three crafting systems in the game are enchantment, alchemy and smithing.

- The dungeons in Skyrim are Bethesda's way of making a more "scripted, dramatic" experience

- You can loot giant's noses and toes.

vizardsig-1.png

smithing

NEAT! I was annoying only having alchemy as a trade. Surely I can do other professions?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Finally some gameplay. And it looks [bleep]ing fantastic. I'm sold, release date buy for me. Also I like how they're learning from player mods for oblivion. Actually a viable option to play in third person? Yes please. Also, hoping they incorporate what eagle eye did into skyrim. Also excited for a new magic system, since oblivion's was quite lacking, I hated going into the menu everytime I wanted to change a spell, and my hotkeys were usually full of like repair hammers, soul gems, maybe a bow and a sword so I could switch back and forth, torches, an item with night-eye since I dont like having night-eye equipped all the time. Dual wielding spells seem like it'll make it much more useful than just having 1 healing spell on all the time.

Still hoping for better healing spells though, in Oblivion besides the starting spell, all the healing spells were majorly inefficient mp-wise. Really most the spells needed to be revamped in Oblivion. But if they release skyrim filled to the brink with gamebreaking bugs like Oblivion I WILL KILL A PUPPY AND CLUB A BABY SEAL. Seriously, Vanilla Oblivion crashes EVERY SINGLE [bleep]ING TIME you go to level up. And they never fixed it, they left it to someone to mod. That's pretty gamebreaking to me. (Talking about PC version obviously)

The animations are so amazing. I mean, well done. I was worried the dragons were going to look stupid (no game I've played captures the movements of dragons well) but that thing looks...natural.

Can't wait to play this, I hope my laptop can at least attempt to play it with xbox360 level of graphics.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Im sold. Looks amazing :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Holy crap, this game looks absolutely amazing. Those dragon battles look epic!

I has some fears that the combat would be a little cumbersome, but my fears have been laid to rest with the gameplay video. This game looks like it will be even better than Morrowind.

I'm probably going to hold off until the GotY edition comes out though, like I did with Morrowind and Oblivion.

I think I've decided to get the release for 360, and the Goty for pc, when more mods are made.

The gameplay looks fantastic! The only think that I didn't like was blood on the screen when you get hit like in fps games, but I'll just get used to it.

2s0cxth.png

The only thing that concerns me at the moment is glitches. We all know that elder scroll games are full of them. Will this one try to limit it, or will it be as bad as Oblivion? Hopefully there won't be near as many as before. I know games have glitches but Oblivion really took it over the limit in term of glitches.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Fallout with swords.

2ds2ruo.gif

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

If there is a Helm's Deep-like quest I will [cabbage] myself with joy. It would work pretty well with the game as well. Hordes of... whatever (raiders, ogres, skeletons, etc) with a dragon at the end (or even interupting the entire fight, killing everything around) vs. Humans/Elves/all the other races that are included, and mages. Would be epic.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!