Game industry needs to set their eyes on the sky

Dire_Wolf

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you waiting for a Online flight game to be released?

• Helllll yeeeeeeeeah! I said hell yeeeeeeeeeeeah!
    • Yes
    • I get dizzy of all the accerlation:S
    • No

This thread is laughable. Pretty sure this same guy made a similar thread about a "COD style RPG" or something.

I did make that thread. But you know why i say "Cod style"? Cod requires reaction skills, as well as concentration. That is what i meant with Cod style. I got a game on PS3 called "Demon's Souls", which has fun PvP. But because there is server for each continent (splitting players) and level comes also into play when you look for a PvP match, the game is active status is pretty low.

But both Demon's Souls and CAll of duty has something in common, which is not ORIGINAL from neither of them (general game concept); In order to succeed, you must react well (skills) and concentrate (eye and mind).

I am not laughable, you are. As always, people like you must ruin my topics with stupid mocking comments (if not in whole post, at least in a part of it).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call of duty was just example of what things the flight game can use, such as map

Seriously... dude. Are you really using a minimap as an example of what makes CoD, well, CoD?

I just honestly don't get it. You say you don't want killstreaks, killstreaks are pretty much what separates CoD from other FPS games. (that and perks).

This topic is not about COD, so stop ok? It's so stupid that people are so obsessed with this or that, when the actual subject is something else.

Killstreak, minimap and perks is what makes COD, COD you say? Sure that's cool. But you know what i said? I requested a FLIGHT GAME similar to COD, not EXACTLY or very close the same. And i also said that killstreaks in a Flight game seems bad to me (personal opinion).

Now SHUT the hell up about COD.

ACE COMBAT HORIZION ASSAULT;

I hope it has a good multiplayer option.

I'm only trying to figure out what you want. If you just want a multiplayer flight game than why even bother mentioning CoD at all?

Saying this "isn't about CoD" when you talk about "maps like in CoD" is a little bit silly; don't you think? At any rate there have been a lot of flight sim games that have focused around multiplayer content (even back to games such as Crimson Skies). The problem is it's just not a style of game many people like so they never get that popular.

So yeah, you brought this on yourself attributing every mundane little detail to CoD.

This thread is laughable. Pretty sure this same guy made a similar thread about a "COD style RPG" or something.

He is and I was just as confused then. I don't know why the [bleep] this kid is so obsessed with every game being like it.

Next up: "Hey guys, there should be a CoD style racing game!"

I did make that thread. But you know why i say "Cod style"? Cod requires reaction skills, as well as concentration. That is what i meant with Cod style. I got a game on PS3 called "Demon's Souls", which has fun PvP. But because there is server for each continent (splitting players) and level comes also into play when you look for a PvP match, the game is active status is pretty low.

VIDEO GAMES require reaction skills and concentration. That isn't something that is unique to Call of Duty. Holy [cabbage] dude.

And Demon's Souls and CoD have nothing alike aside from being video games. Demon's Souls is also much better than CoD will ever be.

Nadril;

How is reaction skills or concentration involved when killing a Fire giant in Runescape?

How are you so blind to see that both COD and Demon's soul require you to have good skills in order to kill your opponent? COD (Aim sight and shoot in good time) , Demon¨s souls (evade, block attack and attack in good time)

I have also played Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, all that is required there is clicking, no skills at all. But some games like COD and Demon¨s soul require more than others.

COD is unique and popular because it's asks for more reaction skills than many other games. Look at Battlefield, it's also a game demanding good skills, and it's popular game too.

Let's try to take things down a notch, shall we? Try to be respectful when posting, and that goes to everyone involved ;)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Nadril;

How is reaction skills or concentration involved when killing a Fire giant in Runescape?

How are you so blind to see that both COD and Demon's soul require you to have good skills in order to kill your opponent? COD (Aim sight and shoot in good time) , Demon¨s souls (evade, block attack and attack in good time)

I have also played Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, all that is required there is clicking, no skills at all. But some games like COD and Demon¨s soul require more than others.

COD is unique and popular because it's asks for more reaction skills than many other games. Look at Battlefield, it's also a game demanding good skills, and it's popular game too.

.... Really?

CoD, if you didn't know, belongs to a genre called "First person shooters". This genre is fairly well known for requiring good reactions and concentration to get through them. However, believe it or not, FPS games are not the only games that take skill! In RPG games (both turn based and real time) they can take both of these skill sets.

Even classics such as "Mario Brothers" (For the NES) require good reaction skills in the later stages! Games, traditionally, have taken skill sets such as this. Puzzle games, even, may take good reaction skills or may force you to concentrate on what is the best possible next move to make.

I do know you said that Runescape doesn't take any of these skills and, yes, you would be correct -- it doesn't. That because Runescape isn't really a game, it's more of a clicking simulator. It is understandable that you would make that error however and I forgive you greatly for that although I do hope you do not do it again.

Now that I have hopefully given you a bit of a lesson on these things called video games (games which you can play on a video screen! crazy!) in the most sarcastic manner possible (as to not get banned) I hope you can see the error of your ways and why comparing everything to one game is silly and not a very good idea at all!

Let's try to take things down a notch, shall we? Try to be respectful when posting, and that goes to everyone involved

Yes Ma'am.

Nadril;

.... Really?

CoD, if you didn't know, belongs to a genre called "First person shooters". This genre is fairly well known for requiring good reactions and concentration to get through them. However, believe it or not, FPS games are not the only games that take skill! In RPG games (both turn based and real time) they can take both of these skill sets.

Even classics such as "Mario Brothers" (For the NES) require good reaction skills in the later stages! Games, traditionally, have taken skill sets such as this. Puzzle games, even, may take good reaction skills or may force you to concentrate on what is the best possible next move to make.

I do know you said that Runescape doesn't take any of these skills and, yes, you would be correct -- it doesn't. That because Runescape isn't really a game, it's more of a clicking simulator. It is understandable that you would make that error however and I forgive you greatly for that although I do hope you do not do it again.

Now that I have hopefully given you a bit of a lesson on these things called video games (games which you can play on a video screen! crazy!) in the most sarcastic manner possible (as to not get banned) I hope you can see the error of your ways and why comparing everything to one game is silly and not a very good idea at all!

COD being FPS is obvious. RPG games requiring skills? Yes, there are RPGs that require skills, what's your point? I didn't disagree...

Runescape is a clicking simulator? That means Dungeon siege 1 and 2 is too? But if Runescape isn't really a game, why is everyone calling it a game? You need to forgive more than me then, perhaps even Jagex, because they use the term "game" and not "clicking simulator".

I used COD to illustrate my point; a game that requires focus and skills. You being not clever enough to understand that i meant that is not my problem. Specially by the way you add mocking crap comments in your posts. Like "Kid" and "Why does everything have to be compared to COD?".

But if you compare Call of duty to a Flight game, it has many things in common. Killing enemies, human using a weapon/vehicle/ship. Differences are battleground and weapon of choice.

I am not laughable, you are. As always, people like you must ruin my topics with stupid mocking comments (if not in whole post, at least in a part of it).

Then make topics that aren't an enormous magnet for "mocking comments".

Seriously kid at least get what you're trying to say straight before trying to argue with people who are obviously much better informed/not stupid. That way you won't make an idiot of yourself like you have with this topic.

But by all means keep making them the last page has been comedy gold.

I think it's attributed to the fact that the OP does a fairly poor job at getting his points across from the start. Using something as an example throughout a thread and attributing facts in regards to a game is going to give the reader the idea that he wants said game to evolve around those points he made.. Then later saying you don't want your idea's associated with your own supporting statement is idiotic. You based your whole argument on a broken concept and people attacked that. This isn't flaming, but merely showing you that you're not showing the reader what you really mean and if we don't understand your viewpoint then how are we supposed to respond in a way that suites you?

Low_C.png

Then make topics that aren't an enormous magnet for "mocking comments".

Seriously kid at least get what you're trying to say straight before trying to argue with people who are obviously much better informed/not stupid. That way you won't make an idiot of yourself like you have with this topic.

But by all means keep making them the last page has been comedy gold.

You are right, i should express myself better til next time. I will learn from that. Thank you for that. But i assure you that i am not the idiot, because i was not the one who made a mocking comment or call others for kid. It's ironic, that the person who called me a kid, shows how immature he/she himself is, when he/she couldn't make a comment without mocking, calling names or being sarcastic.

It's more of an indication that the thread was created by somebody with the mind of a child.

It's better to have the mind of a child, than the mind of a idiot. Thanks :shades:

I think it's attributed to the fact that the OP does a fairly poor job at getting his points across from the start. Using something as an example throughout a thread and attributing facts in regards to a game is going to give the reader the idea that he wants said game to evolve around those points he made.. Then later saying you don't want your idea's associated with your own supporting statement is idiotic. You based your whole argument on a broken concept and people attacked that. This isn't flaming, but merely showing you that you're not showing the reader what you really mean and if we don't understand your viewpoint then how are we supposed to respond in a way that suites you?

Sorry about that. I will work on expressing what i think better. My understanding of your posts Low_C is that you were not a flamer.

And because of this i will try NOW to explain what i meant better to you ( If you are interested to read);

So a Flight game with multiplayer online option (with focus on that), but also campaign. This is similar to COD, which is why i refered to it.

Game should have couple or many aircrafts option; old and new. Like old World war 2 planes or new modern f12s.

There can be around 5-10 Players in each match depending on how sucessful the developers are in making the game very dependable of reaction skill and focus.

There should be few ways to manuver away from a rocket, or enemy fire. For example flares that will make "heat seeking" rockets explode. Or do a "Manuver" with the aircraft to avoid bullets. You will have 1-2 rockets, and if you terminate a enemy aircraft, your resupplied with 1 rocket again.

That's some of my expectations of how the game can be.

The problem is it's just not a style of game many people like so they never get that popular.

THIS is the sole reason why a Flight game will most likely not be made. It won't be popular, and they won't make money, which is a companies ultimate goal.

Your poll already supports this, as do people's comments here.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

The problem is it's just not a style of game many people like so they never get that popular.

THIS is the sole reason why a Flight game will most likely not be made. It won't be popular, and they won't make money, which is a companies ultimate goal.

In world there are billions of people, in this topic's poll less than 30 people have cast their vote. So that's no way enough to conclude. But you say it won't be popular, what's your argument other than few polls voted and few people expressing dislike?

In world here is billions, people who have voted in poll is less than 30. So that's no way enough to conclude. But you say it won't be popular, what's your argument other than few polls voted and few people expressing dislike?

Are you kidding me?

Do you think studies ask everyone on earth to conclude if a certain percentage of people like something?

They take a small group of maybe 100 or 200 people, and then amplify the results. Sure, not everyone in the world voted, but you'd get the same results, a majority of people don't think it'd be a good game.

I see i'm crushing your dream here, because that's what you're holding on to. That's great that you really want a game like this, but unless you try to make a game like this, it will probably never happen.

Are you kidding me?

Do you think studies ask everyone on earth to conclude if a certain percentage of people like something?

They take a small group of maybe 100 or 200 people, and then amplify the results. Sure, not everyone in the world voted, but you'd get the same results, a majority of people don't think it'd be a good game.

I see i'm crushing your dream here, because that's what you're holding on to. That's great that you really want a game like this, but unless you try to make a game like this, it will probably never happen.

I don't think studies demand as much as it actually needs. But with only less than 30 people voted, you can't say yet, according to your small group of 100-200, if it will be popular or not.

I would demand at least 500 people myself, but my point is, with so many people in world, should be people who will like this kind of game.

Are you kidding me?

I don't think studies demand as much as it actually needs. But with only less than 30 people voted, you can't say yet, according to your small group of 100-200, if it will be popular or not.

I would demand at least 500 people myself, but my point is, with so many people in world, should be people who will like this kind of game.

And there will be that odd few, but the majority won't. And, like it or not, it will not be made because of that. You're grasping at air trying to make an argument, and there isn't one to be made. The game will not be made, and if it is, it will not be anything like you expect it to be. I can't see what you're wanting, and I doubt others can either, that includes said people who would make this game.

And there will be that odd few, but the majority won't. And, like it or not, it will not be made because of that. You're grasping at air trying to make an argument, and there isn't one to be made. The game will not be made, and if it is, it will not be anything like you expect it to be. I can't see what you're wanting, and I doubt others can either, that includes said people who would make this game.

I am not grasping at air trying to make an argument. I am not the one using around 20 people as argument for dislike of such game. But you are right though, i don't think such game will be made yet, and it may not not be as the way i expect it to be. You can't see what i expect from such a flight game? Well you can look above and find the post with bold text. Read that :thumbup:

I am not grasping at air trying to make an argument. I am not the one using around 20 people as argument for dislike of such game. But you are right though, i don't think such game will be made yet, and it may not not be as the way i expect it to be. You can't see what i expect from such a flight game? Well you can look above and find the post with bold text. Read that :thumbup:

We have a lot more proof, due to the poll, that such a game wouldn't be liked, while you're just denouncing it saying the group is not amount polled is not large enough. Now what if that poll had been on your side, saying that this was the best idea most people had ever heard in their life, would it still be invalid because of not enough people? I somehow doubt it.

But you have a point, you're not using around 20 people for proof that people would dislike a game, you're using 3 for proof that it would be awesome.

Whose argument has more backing, the one using 15 people or the one using 9?

I think there's another Ace Combat in the works.

Indeed there is...

I have always loved the Ace Combat series, my favorite being Unsung War.

Real quick...is this only for the PS3?

If it is...im going to cry... :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I think there's another Ace Combat in the works.

Indeed there is...

I have always loved the Ace Combat series, my favorite being Unsung War.

Real quick...is this only for the PS3?

If it is...im going to cry... :unsure:

It is not :mrgreen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Combat_Assault_Horizon

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

We have a lot more proof, due to the poll, that such a game wouldn't be liked, while you're just denouncing it saying the group is not amount polled is not large enough. Now what if that poll had been on your side, saying that this was the best idea most people had ever heard in their life, would it still be invalid because of not enough people? I somehow doubt it.

But you have a point, you're not using around 20 people for proof that people would dislike a game, you're using 3 for proof that it would be awesome.

Well i can agree that in this topic spesifically that people dislike the idea.

And that's why you're called a kid, you can not admit that you're wrong. We're the weird ones for disliking the idea, because this is the holy grail of FPS games, obviously.

And that's why you're called a kid, you can not admit that you're wrong. We're the weird ones for disliking the idea, because this is the holy grail of FPS games, obviously.

Wow... :mellow:

Wow... :mellow:

Wow what? Seems you're just backing into the last inches of your corner rather than address the arguments. Tbh, I want a game like this. I just don't think it would sell, and wouldn't be good for a decent company to make.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Tbh, I want a game like this. I just don't think it would sell, and wouldn't be good for a decent company to make.

Curious, what kind of expectations do you have for such a game?

For WWII? Pretty much this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IL-2_Sturmovik:_Birds_of_Prey

For Modern? Pretty much this, if previous games are any indication.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Combat:_Assault_Horizon

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png