14-Dec-2010 - Damage Soaking and New Hitsplats

Michael

Boosts life points means...boosts life points, you have more life points....

You're on a discussion forum, you're supposed to discuss your point, not give a metaphor and hope people know what you're talking about.

And don't insult me for not understanding an extremely vague post.

It wasn't a metaphor, it was an example of the point.

My point was that when a description doesn't give specifics, you can't draw a conclusion. The example was a hypothetical description of a shield and the fact that it could describe either a really good one or a really bad one. You couldn't tell because there were no specifics.

You're right. This IS a discussion forum. With discussion comes at least some sort of deeper thought, and I think understanding the meaning behind an example isn't such a stretch from discussion.

I apologize if my first post was too vague about what I meant. That's my fault. I'm sorry. But I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with providing an example that's just slightly removed from the main discussion, but still supports the point you're trying to make.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is so much wrong with your post, I don't even know what to say. I'll start by saying that the elysian doesn't lower your defences. Secondly, it's base stats are superior to that of the Rune Kitesheild, which makes it better even without the absorption. Please think before you post; the only reason anyone would want to use absorption armour to raise hitpoints at the cost of defence would be pures, because their defences don't exist; and I doubt you even thought of that before mindlessly posting.

I suppose that's one way to completely miss the point of the post...

I'm sorry...but what? You weren't talking about anything even remotely close to an Elysian then.

And there's another.

The Elysian/Rune Kite was an example of the point I'm trying to make. Sometimes, it's important not to argue the example, but instead to argue the point. If you want me to state what I'm saying flatout, fine by me. Here it is:

You cannot say whether or not something is useless if you do not know any of the specifications. So maybe there's boots that increase your max LP and your regen, but lowers your defense.

You want to tell me from just that information that it's no good?

You want to tell me that from just that information given, you can immediately foresee all the applications and uses? Every niche? Every possibility?

You want to tell me that from just that information given, you can run efficiency calculations to determine whether or not a DFS or Divine is superior?

What if it doubles your LP and gives bunyip-esque regeneration at the cost of no defenses?

What if it gives +50/100 LP restore to any food/drinks you consume, at the cost of adding 5% damage to hits over 200?

What if it works like Guthans, and gives you a chance to heal what you hit, at the cost of being the armor equivalent to rune?

Is it still completely and utterly useless what you immediately assumed it to be?

Of course, I don't know what Jagex has in mind, if they have this in mind at all. It may very well be useless and pointless armor. But there's absolutely no way you could draw that conclusion from such a vague description. That's just ignorance and being trigger-happy with assumptions.

That doesn't work when the example IS the point.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I don't have a clue what that's supposed to mean. You didn't quote the example. You quoted the discussion.

There is so much wrong with your post, I don't even know what to say. I'll start by saying that the elysian doesn't lower your defences. Secondly, it's base stats are superior to that of the Rune Kitesheild, which makes it better even without the absorption. Please think before you post; the only reason anyone would want to use absorption armour to raise hitpoints at the cost of defence would be pures, because their defences don't exist; and I doubt you even thought of that before mindlessly posting.

I suppose that's one way to completely miss the point of the post...

I'm sorry...but what? You weren't talking about anything even remotely close to an Elysian then.

And there's another.

The Elysian/Rune Kite was an example of the point I'm trying to make. Sometimes, it's important not to argue the example, but instead to argue the point. If you want me to state what I'm saying flatout, fine by me. Here it is:

You cannot say whether or not something is useless if you do not know any of the specifications. So maybe there's boots that increase your max LP and your regen, but lowers your defense.

You want to tell me from just that information that it's no good?

You want to tell me that from just that information given, you can immediately foresee all the applications and uses? Every niche? Every possibility?

You want to tell me that from just that information given, you can run efficiency calculations to determine whether or not a DFS or Divine is superior?

What if it doubles your LP and gives bunyip-esque regeneration at the cost of no defenses?

What if it gives +50/100 LP restore to any food/drinks you consume, at the cost of adding 5% damage to hits over 200?

What if it works like Guthans, and gives you a chance to heal what you hit, at the cost of being the armor equivalent to rune?

Is it still completely and utterly useless what you immediately assumed it to be?

Of course, I don't know what Jagex has in mind, if they have this in mind at all. It may very well be useless and pointless armor. But there's absolutely no way you could draw that conclusion from such a vague description. That's just ignorance and being trigger-happy with assumptions.

That's not what an example is...

Here's a good definition of example:

case: an occurrence of something;

The example with the rune kiteshield and the elysian, that was a bad example. But the example wasn't the case... Also, you could please stop insulting someone every time you see a post you disagree with?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

goin in to f2p FoG with the new soaking green d hide, i got 13% mage soak and all f2p mage robes have 0% range soak.

...owange time...

It makes no difference...considering now f2p magic spell OR range attack hits above 200.

Nice thought though.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

goin in to f2p FoG with the new soaking green d hide, i got 13% mage soak and all f2p mage robes have 0% range soak.

...owange time...

It makes no difference...considering now f2p magic spell OR range attack hits above 200.

Nice thought though.

doh, forogt about the over 200 thing. thanks.

well, it would help a lot in member Fog anyway.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

...owange time...

Nice thought though.

Way to go Jagex >.>

...owange time...

Nice thought though.

Way to go Jagex >.>

This update weakens f2p melee and Jagex might add hits higher than 200 for f2p magic and ranged in the future. It's good development procedure.

~ W ~

sigzi.png