14-Dec-2010 - Damage Soaking and New Hitsplats

Michael

Runecrafter robes do not give soak of any kind.

GF f2p mage.

Dg armor also do not soak. They officially still suck.

This update is quite pointless for f2p anyway as all max hits are so low(ranged and mage are uneffected while melee is slightly affected(max around 2% total reduction).

The soak stats on the KB seem mildly screwed up for some cases, however 3rd vambs seem to be the biggest winner of this update(only gloves that soak).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, curious to see how this will affect my tanking in PvP :razz:

Should make AGS, Korsais, Handcannon and D Bow less effective.

Claws are the huge winner here.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Runecrafter robes do not give soak of any kind.

GF f2p mage.

Dg armor also do not soak. They officially still suck.

I assume this is because they've been able to balance dungeoneering much much better without these changes as it was something entirely new. This is assuming you mean the armour in daemonheim itself.

Hm, curious to see how this will affect my tanking in PvP :razz:

Should make AGS, Korsais, Handcannon and D Bow less effective.

Claws are the huge winner here.

Was leaning more towards F2P PvP clan fights. :P Like when 50+ people are attacking you at once with melee, ranged and magic.

j0xPu5R.png

failed update

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

My fully charged crystal shield gives:

absorb melee: 6%

absorb range: 12%

Both 1% higher than obby shield. It also has higher defense bonuses.

Will this make the recharging more worth it?

Seems like a good find. Now if only the stats didn't degrade.

So who is going to check the kb for the typos since jagex can't do it.

Do we really believe that arma chest has no soak or the dragonfire shield (other than the most important soak- dragonsfire)?

Oh and who is going to post the first pic of a bazillion balloons at soul wars?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

3rd vambs seem to be the biggest winner of this update(only gloves that soak).

bought and equipped a pair, saw 0 soak.

of course we don't know if this is an in game typo or a kb typo <_<

remember how the shields displayed 0 soak?

ugh what a troll, two sources of potential inaccuracy, gf jagex =\.

maybe I'll ask someone to try to mage max on me while i wear just the gloves.

I'm glad that hitsplats display soaking.

or else we'd have a nightmare on our hands.

Naaxi.png

3rd vambs seem to be the biggest winner of this update(only gloves that soak).

bought and equipped a pair, saw 0 soak.

of course we don't know if this is an in game typo or a kb typo <_<

remember how the shields displayed 0 soak?

ugh what a troll, two sources of potential inaccuracy, gf jagex =\.

maybe I'll ask someone to try to mage max on me while i wear just the gloves.

I'm glad that hitsplats display soaking.

or else we'd have a nightmare on our hands.

I'd trust the in-game info more than KB... The guys who write knowledge base seem to always get these things wrong.

c0p30copy.png

OVERALL damage soak vs max hit of opponent for 30% soak value - only aroundd 6-7% overall damage reduction

jagex applies a weak update

jagex kills prices on a few good items because of KB fail

jagex makes obby shield better than DFS against ranged

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

:pray:

* The explorer's ring now gives

:thumbsup:

warnings if trying to cast an Alchemy spell on a high value item.

:mellow:

WTF. Can I have my extra 5% xp and runes when crafting elemental runes? If I had known about the glitch, I'd have never completed the diary. FUUUUUUU JAMFLEX.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

c0p30copy.png

OVERALL damage soak vs max hit of opponent for 30% soak value - only aroundd 6-7% overall damage reduction

jagex kills prices on a few good items (DFS) without really nerfing them (people only think they were nerfed)

jagex fails KB TERRIBLy

Oh here you go again.

Barrows Melee Armour Melee soak 10% + Farseer 14% = 24%

300hit (300-200) = 24 off (8%)

400hit (400-200) = 48 off (12%)

500hit (500-200) = 72 off (~14%)

and so on where the limit is 24% obviously...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No soak for the DFS, glad I got rid of it a long time ago. More OT, pretty lame update, I mean it's a step in the right direction but it doesn't help the problem enough.

EDIT:

c0p30copy.png

jagex kills prices on a few good items (DFS) without really nerfing them (people only think they were nerfed)

jagex fails KB TERRIBLy

Oh here you go again.

Yes, the limit when max hit approaches INFINITY would be 24%, since the mechanic that it only affects hits above 200 would be negligible, but in terms of how much damage it soaks overall from attacks that actually exist the number is much lower.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

c0p30copy.png

jagex fails KB TERRIBLy

Oh here you go again.

OVERALL damage soak does not equal damage soaked ONLY at max hit

i averaged damage soak over all values from 0 to max hit, for each max hit value shown on the graph.

do not criticize something you do not understand

sigcopyaf.png

lol overpowered tank. All this defense/absorbs with 26 mage def. I think I'll actually buy an eagle-eye kiteshield now, for that rare time that a mage attacks me, now that simply switching shields in combat will still give me absorb.

lolopn.png

Now the question with shields is is it better to have higher stats with no soak (such as DFS) or lower stats with soak (like obby shield)?

This question has already been answered in this thread. 1% soak rating is approximately 1.5 defense points.

This actually makes obby/tok shields about equal, if not better than, DFS against ranged.

lol overpowered tank. All this defense/absorbs with 26 mage def. I think I'll actually buy an eagle-eye kiteshield now, for that rare time that a mage attacks me, now that simply switching shields in combat will still give me absorb.

lolopn.png

even mystic will destroy you wielding an EEKS.

you need at least 100 magic defense, if not 150+, to defend properly against a mage. 26 mage defense is nothing.

this soak update doesn't really change that much.

sigcopyaf.png

OVERALL damage soak does not equal damage soaked ONLY at max hit

i averaged damage soak over all values from 0 to max hit, for each max hit value shown on the graph.

do not criticize something you do not understand

+1

gol, learn what is talked about and try to understand it. If you don't, there is no reason to post and troll about it. Overall damage soak and damage soak at max hit are two different things- one shows how much damage is soaked overall(like divine soaks 30% and ely 17,5%, for soaks over 200 lp this is dependent on max hit) and the other shows how much the max hit is lowered.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

"It is no longer possible to hide the Dungeoneering banker underneath a marker plant."

No more Deamonheim Bot trapping. Who's side are Jagex on anyway. :(

Please don't tell me I'm making a typo now...

Zuriel's robes with a farseer kiteshield is 40% Melee absorption. Let's say that, without any damage soaking, I get hit for 800 from an AGS special attack. 800-200=600 so I will soak 40% of 600, which is 240. So instead of 800 damage, I will get hit for 560. That's an overall damage reduction of 30%?! O.O