Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

denying the possibility of this is close minded

believing this completely is naive

there is plenty of gray area in between

Past few posts I have posted have all been posted under the context that the chat did take place. But rwting coming back in the way Logdot recounted to us from the MMG chat? As Abel said, riddled with far too many holes. So saying that it can't happen in that way? Sorry but it just doesn't jive.

Clans thrived when free trade/pvp existed, but only because it was available to us in EVERY world and people weren't scared to pk. Bringing back the wilderness now...in specific worlds...with all these abominations of safe PvP existing in lossless situations? It's sickening to think that they'd even voice such an insulting opinion.

There might be plenty of grey area in between, but it's already been discussed elsewhere. What we know from this 'chat', it's just not going to work out.

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is worth a new thread, but people are in Mod MMG's clanchat right now, and apparently he's going to hold a poll about the wilderness, and whatever it's decision will be made. In addition all the ranks are saying similar things, and people are suggesting free trade and old style wilderness for long - term customers. He is no longer in the CC, but he was before, asking for suggestions and ideas on how to implement it. You can ask some of the ranks currently in there.

Thoughts? Pics? etc. I imagine someone took screens of it.

Well apparently, there's going to be no trade limit and wild, and they'll be only for very long term accounts with no bad track records, which would make an entirely huge amount of sense.

Hopefully 2011 brings great things.

if this happens, custom rank on me,

But it probably won't.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

keeping an open mind is not a bad thing

Keeping an open mind and being naive are two different things.

denying the possibility of this is close minded

believing this completely is naive

there is plenty of gray area in between

amitoz your spam posts are getting annoying lol.

What? I thumb'd that up because that's exactly what I would have typed. Would you rather I copy paste his post?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

This would be awesome to the people who was not really into PKing you wont understand.

The excitement of seeing your opponents hard earned items on the floor for keeps is a great feeling.

Ofcourse the trading and the PKing will bring various problems with RWT but im sure Jagex has very well thought about that.

IF they do get going with this I will be glad that Jagex have actually listened to the community

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

This would be awesome to the people who was not really into PKing you wont understand.

The excitement of seeing your opponents hard earned items on the floor for keeps is a great feeling.

Ofcourse the trading and the PKing will bring various problems with RWT but im sure Jagex has very well thought about that.

IF they do get going with this I will be glad that Jagex have actually listened to the community

I want to be optimistic, but Jagex has stomped on my hopes so many times that I'm reluctant.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I've played since 2001 on my account and while I have had a few mutes here or there for offensive language, I don't think I have any current black marks. I damn well better qualify for this.

EDIT: Just checked. I have four expired offenses on my account, the last of which expired in 2008. So yeah, I better qualify for this if it actually comes to fruition.

td2sig.jpg

how many wanna bet that it requires having 0 history of botting to do this?

That would be pretty win imo. Lets face it, they have been getting better against bots, this would make it perfect.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Would be cool, worthless to me because I've lost my older accounts/they have no bank.

Account I'm on now was made in 07 so yeah.

Still highly doubting it, when have they reversed such a major update before?

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Account made in 2001, one 2 day mute 3 years ago which is now gone, oh my god I'd start pking.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

That's some commitment from MMG if he was at work before 6am...

Well I guess if they put in some requirements to get access to it then it might happen and I would be quite happy for it to come back but would Jagex really bring back the ability to RWT? If this is true and they think they have found a way to make it work then it's good news.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Well I guess if they put in some requirements to get access to it then it might happen and I would be quite happy for it to come back but would Jagex really bring back the ability to RWT? If this is true and they think they have found a way to make it work then it's good news.

RWT has not, and never will be stopped.

It isn't possible.

RWT happens far more now than before free trade.

Not trying to flame just stating the obvious.

enaidlool.png

It isn't possible.

I didn't take it as flaming, no need for the disclaimer :P

I know RWT still exists in game, what I meant was that this will make it a lot easier for it to take place since you wont have to contend with trade limits. I just phrased it badly due to being half asleep :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

If they bring back free trade, which i personally don't think they should, the hacker community would thrive and become more of a threat. At the moment, as far as i know, hackers just hack an account though jealousy, drop all the good stuff, cash and log back out.

If they do bring it back then there will need to be some more security precautions. I cant remember the thread on RS (i may have dreamt it) this was on, but i vaguely remember something about a USB device that you can 'store' details for you account on. In order to log into RS you need to have this in the usb slot of your computer. I thought this could be a very good idea for players who wish to have this level of security on their accounts, it would not be obligatory to have this and it would cost some money but i would personally love this.

People may ask what would happen if you lost the usb device, and if jagex could send the user an email asking a different set of recovery questions a minimum of 10 with another, different password the account will be removed from the usb and be a 'normal' account again.

I personally think this would stop hackers or make it harder for them to operate thus allowing free trading to happen without worry of being hacked.

user1-dark.png

It isn't possible.

I didn't take it as flaming, no need for the disclaimer :P

I know RWT still exists in game, what I meant was that this will make it a lot easier for it to take place since you wont have to contend with trade limits. I just phrased it badly due to being half asleep :P

Fair enough yeah, I think this reverse of that horrible update would be awesome.

However in a way Jagex is just admitting defeat to the original purpose of the update, which I don't think they'd ever do.

enaidlool.png

I hope it doesn't happen. I don't want my account targeted by RWTers that want no trade limit accounts.

I've adapted once though, if it happens I'll adapt again.

Not holding my breath on it happening.

Personally, it's simple enough to come up with a fair formula based on the following.

1. Age of account based on total number of months as member.

2. Quest points

3. Skill Total

4. Good conduct

Get your formula total above a certain level, and you have zero trade restrictions with others of similar level. In addition, there can be a PvP and non PvP server for ONLY those players (more exclusive than the skill total world).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

If they bring back free trade, which i personally don't think they should, the hacker community would thrive and become more of a threat. At the moment, as far as i know, hackers just hack an account though jealousy, drop all the good stuff, cash and log back out.

If they do bring it back then there will need to be some more security precautions. I cant remember the thread on RS (i may have dreamt it) this was on, but i vaguely remember something about a USB device that you can 'store' details for you account on. In order to log into RS you need to have this in the usb slot of your computer. I thought this could be a very good idea for players who wish to have this level of security on their accounts, it would not be obligatory to have this and it would cost some money but i would personally love this.

People may ask what would happen if you lost the usb device, and if jagex could send the user an email asking a different set of recovery questions a minimum of 10 with another, different password the account will be removed from the usb and be a 'normal' account again.

I personally think this would stop hackers or make it harder for them to operate thus allowing free trading to happen without worry of being hacked.

As far as I know this wouldn't actually be a usb device, but actually a little keychain that generates random numbers every x minutes based on some secure and unique algorithm.

I'd get one :thumbup:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

[spoiler=my post]

As far as I know this wouldn't actually be a usb device, but actually a little keychain that generates random numbers every x minutes based on some secure and unique algorithm.

I'd get one :thumbup:

Thats the one, we use something similar to that at work for connecting to some very secure database we created. I think this would be very good. =D

user1-dark.png