Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

Think it's too good to be true. Oh well.

Same, but if it is true, it's the best thing i've heard about in runescape since....forever. I'd welcome wildy and free trade with open arms(and would likely start playing more actively).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, too good to be true, but it would be pretty cool. We'll see, I guess. Being that I'm not much of a PKer (at all), I'm more interested in free trade. I wonder if having a couple temp mutes would affect my eligibility. :P

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yeah, too good to be true, but it would be pretty cool. We'll see, I guess. Being that I'm not much of a PKer (at all), I'm more interested in free trade. I wonder if having a couple temp mutes would affect my eligibility. :P

Another great reason why it would be great if it were implemented as rumored is that no serious player would ever risk botting and lose their eligibility to pk and trade. This would easily reduce botting in addition to being very popular among alot of players.

If they do bring it back then there will need to be some more security precautions. I cant remember the thread on RS (i may have dreamt it) this was on, but i vaguely remember something about a USB device that you can 'store' details for you account on. In order to log into RS you need to have this in the usb slot of your computer. I thought this could be a very good idea for players who wish to have this level of security on their accounts, it would not be obligatory to have this and it would cost some money but i would personally love this.

People may ask what would happen if you lost the usb device, and if jagex could send the user an email asking a different set of recovery questions a minimum of 10 with another, different password the account will be removed from the usb and be a 'normal' account again.

I personally think this would stop hackers or make it harder for them to operate thus allowing free trading to happen without worry of being hacked.

It was not a USB, it was a USB sized device which had a display on which a number (which changed every 5 mins) was displayed. This number would be required to log-in apart from the password, I think the idea was scrapped beacuse it was basically giving people who had money an advantage (Jagex was giving extra bank space as incentive to those people who wanted to opt for the serivce)

OT: 5-6 years, 2 1-day mutes both expired, If jagex released this it probably would make a lot of people including me very very happy

We are yet to see some solid proof till now though

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

ive been combing other fansites looking for images, it was all ver fast, MMG was in there maybe 5 minutes, just threw out a few "yo this is what's up"s, and asked a few player suggestions and thoughts on it being as a poll. apparently it was out of nowhere that he said it, IE unexpected.

This would certainly make a huge mass of rs players happy if it is true. I don't care so much about the old wildy though, but the free trading sounds awesome ^^

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Would be awesome to have old wild back, however I have some serious doubts about that if it's just based on some talking in MMG's CC.

Free trade would be cool too, but I'd personally be more excited about the old wilderness still.

Reiskade.png

~Council of Northern Gods~

It was not a USB, it was a USB sized device which had a display on which a number (which changed every 5 mins) was displayed. This number would be required to log-in apart from the password, I think the idea was scrapped beacuse it was basically giving people who had money an advantage (Jagex was giving extra bank space as incentive to those people who wanted to opt for the serivce)

Q&A sessions stated that they scrapped the project because it wasn't feasible. They did not mention anything about giving people a money advantage. I just don't think people were willing to pay enough (they polled people) versus how much it would cost to produce. What you stated might've played a role as well, but I just don't think it was as important as the pricing vs production. It's a real shame, though. People don't realize how vital account security is and how quickly you can be screwed if you didn't keep meticulous files of your information. This would've helped scapers immensely.

hzvjpwS.gif

I can see this going very badly. Just making it that much easier for RWTers. Sure, it was nice to get the items from the kill you had, but it's like knowing your Christmas present before you get it. There's no fun in that.

Also, I see this as a ploy to get people to come back after quitting. It's almost like Jagex is getting 'despirate' for players. I didn't think it was nearly to that point yet. I'd say, put it off a couple years until the player base starts to really fall off, then do it.

Four pages and not one piece of proof?

Sorry but if it has gone this far without anybody posting a picture of him saying anything, chances are it is a rumour. If anybody had proof, they would usually rush to a fan-site posting it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I can see this going very badly. Just making it that much easier for RWTers. Sure, it was nice to get the items from the kill you had, but it's like knowing your Christmas present before you get it. There's no fun in that.

Also, I see this as a ploy to get people to come back after quitting. It's almost like Jagex is getting 'despirate' for players. I didn't think it was nearly to that point yet. I'd say, put it off a couple years until the player base starts to really fall off, then do it.

Would you care and enlighten us how the removal of free trade and wilderness(mostly) made the game better? Ofcource they are doing it to get players back, but if it's a thing the players want, isn't that a just goal?

Wow... I have no words to bestow upon you that will help you...

You are far too damaged. :|

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Well if Jagex looked at this from a business standpoint (like they always do), I'm sure they'd get a ton of customers to return.

But then surely it would put them in exactly the same situation as before from which they changed as a business decision.

Again though, I see not one ounce of proof that anybody said anything. This is all just a story which has no backing. We may as well forget all that has been said by the OP without any proof.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Wow... I have no words to bestow upon you that will help you...

You are far too damaged. :|

Yeah...very funny. Sounds just like you haven't played much when free trade was allowed. Firstly, rwt-ing is already more than easy, with numerous bugs that allow you to transfer cash easily(the funniest one i've used was the morrigan's spear 16k unpoisoned, 56k poisoned), and as botting is just as much of a factor nowadays as it was before free trade, this wouldn't change much. Secondly, the problem with wildy is that there is no logical reason to use your best gear knowing you'll get scrubs when you down someone for 1b. The current wildy system really wants everyone to welfare and trade kills, which is pathetic. The chiristmas present analogy is just terrible as it doesn't at all reflect on the system- It's more like when you expect to get a car, you get a mound of dog dirt, and occasionally, when you are taking your morning dump, you lay a golden egg. Adding this new system would also propose a penalty just as bad as stat resetting- having your free trade/wilderness rights taken away would be brutal.

Well if Jagex looked at this from a business standpoint (like they always do), I'm sure they'd get a ton of customers to return.

But then surely it would put them in exactly the same situation as before from which they changed as a business decision.

Again though, I see not one ounce of proof that anybody said anything. This is all just a story which has no backing. We may as well forget all that has been said by the OP without any proof.

details, details... :D

77yLQy8.png

I think this would be bring some of my friends back if it was implemented correctly. And also, I would like this, but be afraid at the same time for RWT...:shame:

RWT never left RS.

It transformed from buying pure gold to buying items with high street for trade price and buying ranks in merch ccs.

4 pages and still no proof?

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

i love how people totally ignored the screenshot I posted

not conclusive proof, but it IS evidence.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top