Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol @ trusting anything MMG says even a little bit. You guys are insanely gullible.

It should be the fault of the company's, not ours, if the CEO of it likes throwing ideas out of thin air from nothingness. Don't shoot the messenger.

Should be, but if you're still listening after years of his BS... I mean, there's a certain point where believing a liar is stupid, and we've been there for a while.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Lol @ trusting anything MMG says even a little bit. You guys are insanely gullible.

It should be the fault of the company's, not ours, if the CEO of it likes throwing ideas out of thin air from nothingness. Don't shoot the messenger.

Should be, but if you're still listening after years of his BS... I mean, there's a certain point where believing a liar is stupid, and we've been there for a while.

It makes me happy to dream, don't spoil it please.

Staurolite.png

Access to 'Free Trade & Old Wildy' should require 800-1000 total XP for F2P-only accounts, that have never had members. For P2P players, make it 1200-1400. The higher your total level the higher in the wilderness you can go without Revenants spawning and attacking you at random times.

Condense the wilderness by half. You'll still have a lot of room to roam around but there won't be areas people never go to. OR make every area...useful. So that you can't go to a spot and it'll be empty. Whether this is through providing the best skilling spots, with bonus XP for the wilderness or whatever. With 100% drops, it is risky but well worth it...to skill or kill the skillers. NO TELEPORTING.

Have at least 6 worlds for F2P & 4 for P2P.

Remove PvP worlds. Keep BH worlds but limit it from the Monastery to a bit past the river at Edgeville. Limit it from level 10 to the ditch/wall/whatever it is now.

The major issues that contributed to a poorly designed PvP experience pre-2007 & the reasons why RWT had it easy can be fixed by the above, while still keeping the Wilderness.

In order to allow free trade on these worlds though, that's a bit tougher. If free trade is allowed, even with accounts with 1200 total, these worlds are going to be overcrowded with people merchanting and trying to get better deals on things. It is going to be difficult to determine who is actually RWT and who is price manipulating or merchanting.

I'd suggest just implement the Wilderness as I have suggested or in some other fashion, and wait on the whole free trade thing for now. See how it goes and from there consider free trade on these worlds.

---

If RWT traders bot their way to 1200, it will be in droves. Hundreds of botters will spring up. They will try to sell their product that they gained leveling to get 1200 total. Obvious solution is to force them to sell the product through the GE on anything gained before 1200 XP from the release of the update. Past 1200 total, you can do whatever you want with whatever you gain from any means (GE or free trade worlds). Also, it shouldn't be too hard to notice which accounts are botting and if there's been 300 or so accounts botting from one regional location..IP banning is not difficult. IP Bans, paypal, other governments...etc. If Jagex can pinpoint people who bought accurately enough that they reset stats, it should not be difficult to design some system that tracks all of the bot accounts. Even if they're not botting, RWT will have accounts banned in time for RWTing. From that you can take their IP or location into consideration and IP block certain acute regions. Or just spam them with random events, lol.

Jagex should be able to spot the pattern of bots or RWT training accounts to 1200, then immediately going to bot/collect a certain product or merchant or whatever to RWT with.

-----------

Or forget all of the above and make people use their real life credentials to utilize their Runescape accounts. Tying paypal accounts to no more than 3 RS accounts, forcing people to use their RL name, location & ISP info. If people want access to free trade & old wildy, perhaps they will have to submit this information in order to be granted access to the servers that allow ft/old wild.

Jagex, good luck and I hope this is a serious consideration that is currently going on.

---

OR start designing RS3.

I've always liked the idea of free trading. But the idea of old wildy, never liked it. People luring other newbies and getting them killed, comes rushing back to me since I've had this experience. But, this is only an opinion :|

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I've always liked the idea of free trading. But the idea of old wildy, never liked it. People luring other newbies and getting them killed, comes rushing back to me since I've had this experience. But, this is only an opinion :|

Thats what brought people excitement, not knowing what will happen- if you live or not

Some people called it luring.

I called it natural selection :thumbup:

77yLQy8.png

What sort of luring are we talking about here? The luring from single to multi? Or the bugs where you moonwalked into the wilderness? If it was the latter, then the ditch/wall fixed that problem for the most part.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'll probably cry if it happens because of the two mutes I received a couple of years ago. Especially since I once imitated a mod...

Your main is Zezima? Yeah, well.....um.... My main's a Jagex Mod!

^^ Me. ^^

Lol, imitating a Jagex Mod? Reported.

^^ Person completely unrelated to the conversation. ^^

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'll probably cry if it happens because of the two mutes I received a couple of years ago. Especially since I once imitated a mod...

^^ Me. ^^

That can still happen today, though. But yeah, that sucks. Still, since they've revamped the offense system, I doubt that if this dream scene of a scenario ever occured you'd eventually be granted access if not given it outright. As people have guessed at earlier in the thread, it's probably only in relations to botting/rwting that you'd be blocked from using the feature.

hzvjpwS.gif

^^ Me. ^^

They probably mean serious offences like botting or rwt, not a mute or 2 (hopefully)

The 'proof' picture is nothing whatsoever. It can't be classified proof MMG said anything. It is proof of two things. One, somebody was in his clan chat. Two, some people in the clan chat perpetuated the rumour.

We can dismiss the picture as useless.

Yeah, but it's your word against mine, Ancient's, and the 20 - 30 that were in the clan chat and all said the same thing at the same time, including ranks. I understand that may not be a legitimate enough reason for you, but how about taking a leap of faith and perhaps considering that it happened instead of indirectly insulting me by saying I propagated this myth out of nowhere.

If it was something small such as you making x level or getting x drop, it would be believable, but something known to be as huge and controversial as the wilderness NEEDS proof. Nothing short of a screenshot of his words will suffice. Hell, the evidence goes against you, due to Jagex having said repeatedly in the past it won't happen. It is up to you to prove it, not for me to take a leap of faith.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

What sort of luring are we talking about here? The luring from single to multi? Or the bugs where you moonwalked into the wilderness? If it was the latter, then the ditch/wall fixed that problem for the most part.

Depends if they were going to bring back the old wildy, where you could kill anyone at any level of the wildy.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Depends if they were going to bring back the old wildy, where you could kill anyone at any level of the wildy.

Even in the old wilderness you could only attack certain people dependent upon their combat level and their level in the wilderness. The gap was just much wider back in the old day.

hzvjpwS.gif

I can see this going very badly. Just making it that much easier for RWTers. Sure, it was nice to get the items from the kill you had, but it's like knowing your Christmas present before you get it. There's no fun in that.

Can I sig that :D

Even in the old wilderness you could only attack certain people dependent upon their combat level and their level in the wilderness. The gap was just much wider back in the old day.

I miss killing low level looters :P

So. Nobody in the chat thought to printscreen eh? :rolleyes:

This doesn't seem to be a problem for the true believers - and considering the love affair the RS community-at-large has with screenshotting forums & chats, I also find it highly suspect. <_<

And anyways, he called my cell phone personally and swore this wouldn't be happening until Runescape had been ported to the Timex Sinclair.

Prove it, you say? :razz:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

So. Nobody in the chat thought to printscreen eh? :rolleyes:

This doesn't seem to be a problem for the “true believers” - and considering the love affair the RS community-at-large has with screenshotting forums & chats, I also find it highly suspect. <_<

And anyways, he called my cell phone personally and swore this wouldn't be happening until Runescape had been ported to the Timex Sinclair.

Prove it, you say? :razz:

How will that change RS?