118 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Current account
    • Rolled-back account with 07 rs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd want to have my acc to pre-05, None of this chaotic crap, no arma in castle wars, bandos ETC.

But I would definitely pick pre 07; Rs has really done down the gutter since then.

Likewise. There's now too much content which is further and further devaluing previous god-like items (D-Long, anyone?).

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

My stats were horrible back then, so I'd stay with my account being here and now :-)

Though I do wish some things were never changed, like Castle Wars :-( While the new CW armour is great, the catapult really destroyed the spirit and fun of the game imo

At the same time, there are some things I wish we had back in the old days, like ancient effigies and extreme potions. They may have been a long time coming, but they sure are the two best updates in Runescape for me.

2vuhgcn.png

Though I do wish some things were never changed, like Castle Wars :-( While the new CW armour is great, the catapult really destroyed the spirit and fun of the game imo

In the castle wars games I've played...no one even uses the catapult.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Old RS was too crappy. But people often don't notice it because they've glued the nostalgia goggles on their temples and refuse to look at things without them.

There were far too little minigames (and the ones they did have usually sucked. I'm looking at you, Castle Wars), no cc, boring wildy, hardly any challenging bosses and even blockier graphics.

It would just be reset to the grindfest it was. No thank you. There was a reason I couldn't play RS for more than a month in those days.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

now is way more epic, so i'd keep this rather than 07, but as for 04,03, i'de rather head back then.

As the for the comment above me...THE OLD WILDY WAS WAY BETTER THAN THE [CABBAGE] now. As for castle wars and nostalgia...That's all true people don't realise that RUNE WOODCUTTING AXE use to be epic...I don't want to go back to that i like dragon :(

Let your yellow mellow.

Well.. would wildy and free-trade be added regardless? Compared to '07 I have a lot more levels and experience, but in '07 I was mid-way through completion of my zerker pure, and had an asston of rares banked. If we get the free trade and wildy regardless, I'd take my current account.. unless rollback means everyone is rolled back.. in which case I'd go with that. Hell, I'd be keen on a complete account reset back to the beginning for everyone on a set of servers that had free trade/wildy.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Hell, I'd be keen on a complete account reset back to the beginning for everyone on a set of servers that had free trade/wildy.

100% agree.

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

Hell, I'd be keen on a complete account reset back to the beginning for everyone on a set of servers that had free trade/wildy.

100% agree.

So many people pine for the old days, yet so few actually follow through and avail themselves of the opportunity.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

We're talking about free trade and wildy, not RS2 vs RSC. The point is, if the Luddites actually wanted to play a version of RuneScape with PKing and a free market, they could easily do so, yet choose not to. This behaviour is telling.

We're talking about free trade and wildy, not RS2 vs RSC. The point is, if the Luddites actually wanted to play a version of RuneScape with PKing and a free market, they could easily do so, yet choose not to. This behaviour is telling.

Exactly.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I was a noob in comparison to now in 07, and the updates didnt rly affect me too much. i honestly think in hindsight ppl greatly overreacted.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely rolled back.. the character anims they added after 07 were ridiculous and still are (overall making the game more cartooney)... ok they ruined HP... the wilderness is gone... free trade is gone... that's all I can think of for now, I don't play regularly anymore.

I'd take worse stats and a better game in a heartbeat.

The ULTIMATE Runescape weapon

Only if my age get rolled back with it, then yes with '07 :lol:. If not, no thanks.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~