HUGE increase of macro'ers lately?

Flodder450

Hello

Yesterday, i was mining in the mining guild, it was empty,not a single person to be found

now today, i logged on, and i found SWARMS of peole just running from rock to rock in the same pattern all the time, every world i checked,there are SWARMS and SWARMS of people, all walking around in the same EXACT pattern

has anyone else noticed a huge increase of bots lately?

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I haven't really noticed any more bots...

most of them are either chopping yews or mining coal in the mining guild in F2P worlds

I think he means he hasn't seen an increase in them as you're suggesting, not that he hasn't seen any at all. And I would have to agree, I haven't noticed an increase either in such a short timeframe.

hzvjpwS.gif

Saw someone post this on the forums earlier, not sure if it's true or not

The funniest thing to do is, go to runescape wiki and look at the edit logs especially for the mining skill. (if you have access to them)

"13,583 players with 99 in the skill" - today

"16,323 players with 99 in the skill" - a week ago

"18,994 players with 99 in the skill" - a month ago

So if that's not proof of Jagex cracking down on autoers, I don't know what is.

74-75-61-61884297

Saw someone post this on the forums earlier, not sure if it's true or not

The funniest thing to do is, go to runescape wiki and look at the edit logs especially for the mining skill. (if you have access to them)

"13,583 players with 99 in the skill" - today

"16,323 players with 99 in the skill" - a week ago

"18,994 players with 99 in the skill" - a month ago

So if that's not proof of Jagex cracking down on autoers, I don't know what is.

74-75-61-61884297

It's kind of funny because...well, he said it himself. It can be edited by anyone. Jagex is always working on stopping bots, whether their methodology be effective or not, and having fluctuating numbers is to be expected. Beyond that, who cares? They're working on bots, we still see them, they're still affecting people by simply distressing them/hurting the collecting etc.

hzvjpwS.gif

I think it comes with the Holidays, people put their macros on so they can go out? And also cause they are off School probably wanna get easy lvls and cash while they play COD or whatever. One thing that irritates me, is the high level bots.. I actually find swarms of green shirted bald yew-crazy woodcutters quite funny :)

6660_6.jpg

Plus, people usually bot on their main instead of a throw-away account, due to lack of free trade.

I haven't noticed an increase in bots lately; frankly though, I don't usually frequent places where I'd see many bots, if any at all.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I think they make your default outfit random nowadays, so not too many bald green shirts anymore.

Fairly random. You choose between different 'skill themed' outfits, like chef, summoner, slayer, etc.

Edit: 7'000th post woo. :P

Well, since they started rolling back the levels people stopped caring, they'll bot to get resources and won't care about losing the levels, take my friend for example, he got his mining rolled back before he got 99, but didn't care as he had 100m banked and said he would continue botting. Now that wasn't ingame since it's acutally someone I know irl.

Well, since they started rolling back the levels people stopped caring, they'll bot to get resources and won't care about losing the levels, take my friend for example, he got his mining rolled back before he got 99, but didn't care as he had 100m banked and said he would continue botting. Now that wasn't ingame since it's acutally someone I know irl.

If they caught him once, obviously they'll catch him again =/ and this time they'll just ban him and he'll lose the lot