Life Point Boosting armour (TORVA)

CharlieBrown

Torva armour is an unreleased, leaked armour that will be found in the God Wars Dungeon in the future. It will have the ability boost a player's lifepoints above its maximum. It was leaked on the Game Guide on 15 December 2010.

During the RuneFest event in August 2010, a Jagex Moderator confirmed that there will be a new armour in the near-future that will be able to boost your lifepoints[source needed].

As seen in the picture, the "T" in torva is not capitalised, like Bandos or Armadyl armour. Because the R in rune armour is also not capitalised in the Game Guide, it is possible that torva is a new material.

Picture:

830px-Torva.png

Link -> http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Torva_armour

Any thoughts on this?

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, they need to fix defence first.

Why was the bandos armour posted in the melee section? According to this picture. :-w

Because the KB sucks and doesn't have a section on defence is why. ¬.¬

Edited by Roz

Torva armour is an unreleased, leaked armour that will be found in the God Wars Dungeon in the future. It will have the ability boost a player's lifepoints above its maximum. It was leaked on the Game Guide on 15 December 2010.

During the RuneFest event in August 2010, a Jagex Moderator confirmed that there will be a new armour in the near-future that will be able to boost your lifepoints[source needed].

As seen in the picture, the "T" in torva is not capitalised, like Bandos or Armadyl armour. Because the R in rune armour is also not capitalised in the Game Guide, it is possible that torva is a new material.

Picture:

Torva.jpg

Link -> http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Torva_armour

Any thoughts on this?

I initially actually saw this leak in the actual KB so I can confirm it's accuracy.

This is my theory. Saradomin and Zamorak GWD have always had a conspicuous absence of armour piece drops. They are also both declining in popularity, which means less people are doing them now than there was a year ago (especially Zamorak.)

Torva to me sounds like the name of an Icyene, so I believe that Torva armour will be dropped at Sara GWD. I think it will have good defence bonuses and these said LP boosts, but have negative attack and strength values, so they are much more of a tanking piece.

I also think that a demonic armour will be dropped from Zamorak, which will be the exact opposite. This armour will have lower defence, and will DRAIN LP (lowering your Max LP,) while providing very good attack and strength values, so they are more of an attacking piece.

This is just speculation, but this would make sense to me.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I initially actually saw this leak in the actual KB so I can confirm it's accuracy.

This is my theory. Saradomin and Zamorak GWD have always had a conspicuous absence of armour piece drops. They are also both declining in popularity, which means less people are doing them now than there was a year ago (especially Zamorak.)

Torva to me sounds like the name of an Icyene, so I believe that Torva armour will be dropped at Sara GWD. I think it will have good defence bonuses and these said LP boosts, but have negative attack and strength values, so they are much more of a tanking piece.

I also think that a demonic armour will be dropped from Zamorak, which will be the exact opposite. This armour will have lower defence, and will DRAIN LP (lowering your Max LP,) while providing very good attack and strength values, so they are more of an attacking piece.

This is just speculation, but this would make sense to me.

Makes sense to me as well.

To be honest, I welcome the opportunity for more drops there. I remember I went to Zamorak GWD once but it wasn't a very worthwhile trip.

j0xPu5R.png

Meh, they need to fix defence first.

This'll add another dimention to defence though

It will add defence for the first hit, but won't fix actual defence.

I love how Jagex are now so lazy they just add more armour into already used places, instead of making another dungeon. :-w

It would be awesome if the KQ dropped it...

Like give the dragon chain to the KBD and have the KQ get this drop.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Shouldn't the potentially best armour in the game be dropped by a...decent boss?

Been waiting for someone to create a thread for this. Some people have looked at possible meanings of torva and found it could also mean stern.

So, allow me to do some wild speculation:

torva = stern = stern judges = mahjarrat = mahjarrat armour = the armour in the top right of this picture:

499px-Majconcept.png

Shouldn't the potentially best armour in the game be dropped by a...decent boss?

I've tried soloing all the bosses except the corp. In my opinion, the KQ is tougher then Bandos and Zammy godwars. They drop some pretty good stuff, so if we are going to talk about drops in relation to difficulty to kill, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, Jagex mentioned a while ago that they wanted to rework the KBD and KQ drop tables.

PM me in game anytime

I've tried soloing all the bosses except the corp. In my opinion, the KQ is tougher then Bandos and Zammy godwars. They drop some pretty good stuff, so if we are going to talk about drops in relation to difficulty to kill, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, Jagex mentioned a while ago that they wanted to rework the KBD and KQ drop tables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGLwmW-k97k

[spoiler=Hide video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGLwmW-k97k

One video proves nothing, people have videos of them taking Jad down in ten seconds. Does that mean everyone does so? No.

This is using inductive reasoning as a logical fallacy. One example cannot be used as a generalization to prove a whole.

PM me in game anytime

[hide]

One video proves nothing, people have videos of them taking Jad down in ten seconds. Does that mean everyone does so? No.

This is using inductive reasoning as a logical fallacy. One example cannot be used as a generalization to prove a whole.

[/hide]

I've tried soloing all the bosses except the corp. In my opinion, the KQ is tougher then Bandos and Zammy godwars.

And IMO, it isn'tand thought posting the video would reflect that.

But this isn't about the QK, and I think it would be stupid for jagex to add more drops to a boss, who already have exclusive drops.

Interesting I dare say myself.

And yeah, a new material with it too possibly? Could be an attempt at adding more features to Smithing.

Im kinda more along the lines to believe this theory first. We have been expecting a pix for smithing for a while, could be something to try and help maybe?

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

[hide]

I've tried soloing all the bosses except the corp. In my opinion, the KQ is tougher then Bandos and Zammy godwars.

But this isn't about the QK, and I think it would be stupid for jagex to add more drops to a boss, who already have exclusive drops.

[/hide]

Of course anyone would rather have a new boss, but it seems to be that we never will get one. I would settle for having older bosses revamped to put them on par with new bosses. How would it be stupid to add drops to the KQ or KBA?

a) It would provide an easy way to add new items to the game without distracting from other more needed updates. (finishing farming, smithing revamp, ect)

b) It would take pressure off of current bosses which are very crowded.

c) As a result of b, more people would have the opportunity to lucratively boss hunt.

d) As a result of c, other areas of the game would be revitalized, for example more people bosshunting would result in more consumption of supplies which would give a boost to some skilling.

PM me in game anytime

[hide]

[/hide]

The KQ doesn't have any exclusive drops, and why would that matter anyway? The point here is that some bosses don't have good enough risk/reward factors, so adding drops would fix that. After all, it's either that or making the bosses easier.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think new armor would be great, but I think adding it to allready existing bosses is the worst way to implement it.

I agree with Den. The last none-Daemonheim or Quest Exclusive boss we got was the Corp Beast back in '08 (I think) so this would be the perfect opportunity to introduce a new boss into the game.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I fail too see how giving an easy to kill boss, the best armour in the game, is a good update.

This armour WOULD be better than spirit shields, which are only dropped from a level 785.

I fail too see how giving an easy to kill boss, the best armour in the game, is a good update.

This armour WOULD be better than spirit shields, which are only dropped from a level 785.

How do you know? All you know is that it would boost hitpoints and be worn. How do you know how large the boost would be? How do you know that it would have enough defense to make the boost in hitpoints worthwhile? Did you get this insight from the same screenshot the rest of us have seen?

You are saying it "WOULD" be better without ANY evidence whatsoever. Everything at this point is just speculation really.

And spirit shields are dropped by other monsters, the sigils are dropped by the corp. Think before you post.

PM me in game anytime

How do you know? All you know is that it would boost hitpoints and be worn. How do you know how large the boost would be? How do you know that it would have enough defense to make the boost in hitpoints worthwhile? Did you get this insight from the same screenshot the rest of us have seen?

You are saying it "WOULD" be better without ANY evidence whatsoever. Everything at this point is just speculation really.

And spirit shields are dropped by other monsters, the sigils are dropped by the corp. Think before you post.

Sigils aren't a shield. Think before you post.

Seeing as you can get one hit with the current armour, more HP would stop this. Looking at the leaked page, looks like it will be attached to bandos, therefore have goodish defence.

Whatever; KQ sucks, should create a new boss, I'm going to play in the snow.

Edited by Roz

Now maybe it's because I woke up 10 seconds ago, but I for the life of me cannot see any real use for this armor...? This assumes JaGex is.. well... JaGex, and the armor will have low stats/boosts.

PVP: MAYBE for someone rushing you, but knowing jagex, the 50lp boost wont help much, if at all. Other then that, you don't safe, if you do, people tend to run.

PVM: Slayer? No, Bandos. Training? No, Void. Corp? No, Karil's. Bandos? No, Bandos, It's not even possible to get combo'd for 990lp there. Sara? No, same as Bandos. Zammy? No, Karils if tanking, Bandos if not, can't get 990'd. Tanking anything? No, when will you ever tank anything that can 990 you as of now, let alone 1159 (?) with a brew?

Knowing JaGex, it will have terribly low defensive bonuses, most likely less than 50, and the boost will probably be less than 100-50 lp with the body/legs, assuming that's all there is to the set. So the bonuses alone are not a reason to use them.

Maybe I'm just tired, or me quitting has taken it's toll, but I just don't see a place where this could ever be useful, even a little bit :/

Sumondskull6.png

Now maybe it's because I woke up 10 seconds ago, but I for the life of me cannot see any real use for this armor...? This assumes JaGex is.. well... JaGex, and the armor will have low stats/boosts.

PVP: MAYBE for someone rushing you, but knowing jagex, the 50lp boost wont help much, if at all. Other then that, you don't safe, if you do, people tend to run.

PVM: Slayer? No, Bandos. Training? No, Void. Corp? No, Karil's. Bandos? No, Bandos, It's not even possible to get combo'd for 990lp there. Sara? No, same as Bandos. Zammy? No, Karils if tanking, Bandos if not, can't get 990'd. Tanking anything? No, when will you ever tank anything that can 990 you as of now, let alone 1159 (?) with a brew?

Knowing JaGex, it will have terribly low defensive bonuses, most likely less than 50, and the boost will probably be less than 100-50 lp with the body/legs, assuming that's all there is to the set. So the bonuses alone are not a reason to use them.

Maybe I'm just tired, or me quitting has taken it's toll, but I just don't see a place where this could ever be useful, even a little bit :/

Safe Clan Wars where people fight in best gear is one place that comes to mind.

Also: brews heal lifepoints with 15%, this armour would mean brews heal more per sip? Just speculation though... :???:

If it does have terrible low defense bonuses, there is no reason at all to use it, correct.

(but why would they release subpar armour, most likely with the long-awaited smithing update)