Life Point Boosting armour (TORVA)

CharlieBrown

The general speculation, for the moment, appears that because the word "torva" is not capitalized, like "rune" is not capitalized in the KB -- it might be a new "material" from which one might manufacture armour and possibly weapons.

That said -- and I am not necessarily complaining -- but do we REALLY need MORE melee armour in the game at this moment in time? Really? :rolleyes:

Perhaps "torva" might be a form of range or, heaven forbid, mage armour, though I entirely doubt it ... :unsure:

The leak was in the melee armor section of the KB, so it's pretty much definitely going to be melee.

I do hope that we see ranged and mage versions released at the same time, though. All we know is torva is the one leaked and will be melee- it could easily be only a part of a larger update.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

naw kq is easy. i can solo him on a lvl 80. gws bosses are harder

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

i find kq easyer

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I hope it's a new high level material that could be smithed to high level armor.

90+ mining (Fills the kinda hole from 85-99)

90+ smithing (Gives the smithing update that people have been waiting for so long) That would mess up rune being 90+ too but oh well.

90+ armor which has been so wanted by high level players.

On the smithing note, maybe it will be the 2nd skill being raised to 120.

Hardly think so, but there's a small possibility.

Anyway, on the boss that would drop it topic.

Seeing as it was mentioned by Bandos armor, where they said something in the lines of "people who are brave enough to spend time in the God Wars Dungeon", it's pretty clear that it will be obtained inside of GWD.

Either boss drops the armor pieces or he/she will drop material that could be made into the armor.

They release sub-par armor all the time, lmao. When was the last time they released something better then the spirit shields/bandos/chaotics? Hell, you can look back as far as Barrows and say they have the best bonuses in the game defense wise, and even use wise, and other then the ones listed above, everything else is sub-par.

When released, almost all armour/weapons I can think off were best in its kind. (spirit shields, bandos, chaotics, barrows, claws, ...)

Godswords are debatable in comparison to whip and not including show-armour like dragon plate/3rd age.

When released, almost all armour/weapons I can think off were best in its kind. (spirit shields, bandos, chaotics, barrows, claws, ...)

Godswords are debatable in comparison to whip and not including show-armour like dragon plate/3rd age.

Snakeskin, frog leather, splitbark, infinity, brine saber, barrelchest anchor. Shall I go on?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

They release sub-par armor all the time, lmao. When was the last time they released something better then the spirit shields/bandos/chaotics? Hell, you can look back as far as Barrows and say they have the best bonuses in the game defense wise, and even use wise, and other then the ones listed above, everything else is sub-par.

*cough* Dragon Platebody *cough* Chaotic Shields *cough* Dark Bow *cough*

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Snakeskin, frog leather, splitbark, infinity, brine saber, barrelchest anchor. Shall I go on?

Most of those armour pieces are guite old...

Snakeskin in 2005

Splitbark in 2004

Infinity in 2006

Brine sabre in 2007

Barrelchest anchor in 2007

Something in the last three years maybe? :razz:

Not saying they don't do this, just can't think of any... #-o

*cough* Dragon Platebody *cough* Chaotic Shields *cough* Dark Bow *cough*

I mentioned Dragon plate. :wink:

Chaotic shields were released alongside with other chaotic stuff which is best.

Dark bow was (and maybe is) best ko weapon for rangers?

Nice photoshop, I like how you tied it into the frozen door at god wars.

Makes it sound more believable. :thumbup:

Also possible. But considering the TC wasn't the creator of the object (since we've seen it many times prior to this) it would be in your best interest to think before you post, as they wouldn't have been the one to create it if it were fake.

He's trolling.

Sumondskull6.png

I was wondering...

If soul talisman or torvak armour is leaked, they fix it in matter of seconds.

While the chaotic staff still gives a 15% magic boost according to kb <.<

Weird?

Which is why, IMO, there are NEVER leaks on the KB, or ANYWHERE for that matter. It's all just JaGex letting us know what's coming.

Sumondskull6.png

You mean they do it on purpose?

No they dont!

If they mąkę stupid mistakes like give bandos boots 6% soak.. Why wouldn't they accidentally give info about new stuff. Its accidently leaked.

That's my point... >.<

They can fix a leak in 15 minutes, but it takes them MONTHS to fix their own game guide..? Plus they leak [cabbage] on the KB just about every other update, they do it on purpose.

Oh, and another thing to note... JaGex explicitly told Tip.it (I can't remember when, why, or how (RS front page or whatever)) that they DO lurk our forums and take what we have to mind. That being said, who are the only people who really see the leaks, and discuss them? Fan sites and forums like us.

So I'm nearly 100% sure that they do it on purpose so people like TheAncient, Grimy Bunyip, and the other top tier, efficient, smart, players will discuss the leak so they can see, from a player's point of view, how it will effect the game and they tweak it as need-be before they release it.

It's their own way of 'beta testing' without actually having us use the content, so it's still a 'secret'.

Sumondskull6.png

They can fix a leak in 15 minutes, but it takes them MONTHS to fix their own game guide..?

Communication between their content developers and their web crew has never been too great. What you're saying is intentional can easily be just more poor communication, say a memo that the web department received which happened to have an error on the publishing date.

As for a continually incorrect KB, I can only imagine that the KB is rather low in priority in comparison to other tasks in their very webby to-do lists. They don't always get the proper information from the coders/content team.

hzvjpwS.gif

They can fix a leak in 15 minutes, but it takes them MONTHS to fix their own game guide..?

Communication between their content developers and their web crew has never been too great. What you're saying is intentional can easily be just more poor communication, say a memo that the web department received which happened to have an error on the publishing date.

As for a continually incorrect KB, I can only imagine that the KB is rather low in priority in comparison to other tasks in their very webby to-do lists. They don't always get the proper information from the coders/content team.

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that any company, no matter who they are, takes THAT long to communicate such obvious things to each other. I mean hell, doesn't all of their staff have their own personal accounts that they play on secretly, and no one knows their a mod? You think that at least ONE person in the company would notice the faults in the KB and tell the Web crew? Because I'm damn near positive some of them even have Tip.it accounts.

Low priority or not, it would more than likely take someone mere minutes to fix a hundred minuscule things in the KB.

Sumondskull6.png

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that any company, no matter who they are, takes THAT long to communicate such obvious things to each other.

It's not so uncommon, especially if they don't know who is wrong. Take void for instance. Could be a mistake in the design, a typo from the code, miscommunication with the web team...then if they have other things to do that are more important, they get pushed to the side.

I mean hell, doesn't all of their staff have their own personal accounts that they play on secretly, and no one knows their a mod?

Not all of them, I don't think.

You think that at least ONE person in the company would notice the faults in the KB and tell the Web crew? Because I'm damn near positive some of them even have Tip.it accounts.

Might be more complicated than that, though. We don't know what sorts of protocol they have to go through. It's asinine, yeah, but it doesn't surprise me.

hzvjpwS.gif

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that any company, no matter who they are, takes THAT long to communicate such obvious things to each other.

It's not so uncommon, especially if they don't know who is wrong. Take void for instance. Could be a mistake in the design, a typo from the code, miscommunication with the web team...then if they have other things to do that are more important, they get pushed to the side.

I don't think an error in the code would be something they would push aside, honestly. Also, some do have accounts, I'm sure they use Void Melee, so I'm sure they are aware of the problem?

I mean hell, doesn't all of their staff have their own personal accounts that they play on secretly, and no one knows their a mod?

Not all of them, I don't think.

Well at least most of them, if not all.

You think that at least ONE person in the company would notice the faults in the KB and tell the Web crew? Because I'm damn near positive some of them even have Tip.it accounts.

Might be more complicated than that, though. We don't know what sorts of protocol they have to go through. It's asinine, yeah, but it doesn't surprise me.

It doesn't surprise me either, it's JaGex. But that's besides the point, even they should be aware of the problem. :x

I like the sound of "Torva" tbh. Not sure we need another set of hp increasing armour, guthans is fine.

Guthan's restores HP via a set effect while attacking, it in no way INCREASES your life points by wearing it?

Sumondskull6.png

I don't think an error in the code would be something they would push aside, honestly. Also, some do have accounts, I'm sure they use Void Melee, so I'm sure they are aware of the problem?

How can you say things like that with such certainty when we know the KB is wrong and if you don't do the testing yourself, you have no way of knowing otherwise? If we're going to analyze these people like the average player, you have to stick with it. If the web crew was playing, why would they be testing aspects of the game that have nothing to do with their department?

It doesn't surprise me either, it's JaGex. But that's besides the point, even they should be aware of the problem. :x

They might be, but they could also be equally tied up in other important projects. Right now, we know that the web crew will be involved in clan-related updates, as well as all the other things they have to work on. You think they'd have one little coder monkey fellow who'd handle things like this, but I guess not. If they did, we could assume these small things would be fixed already.

hzvjpwS.gif