Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Frozen door (New)

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast

So i'm by the door, first of all you see the shaking and such, then you try open the door. My message was "The door doesn't seem to budge". I have all god items to prevent people attacking me but it looks like only Armadyl & Saradomin are lit up, don't know why...very strange :P

Actually, they aren't actually lit. It's just that Saradomin and Armadyl's icon has a bright color compared to Bandos and Zamorak which is black.

And when standing next to the door, no monster attacks you unless you're already under attack by them. (If I remember right)
Also, before this update, when you stood next to the door, the killcount counter would disappear. With this update, it's still there. (Might have been a bug before that is now fixed)

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Omnitec
[ Display Name History ]

Omnitec

Lord of the Dance

• Website Crew
  • 2,538 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Omni

So i'm by the door, first of all you see the shaking and such, then you try open the door. My message was "The door doesn't seem to budge". I have all god items to prevent people attacking me but it looks like only Armadyl & Saradomin are lit up, don't know why...very strange :P

Actually, they aren't actually lit. It's just that Saradomin and Armadyl's icon has a bright color compared to Bandos and Zamorak which is black.

And when standing next to the door, no monster attacks you unless you're already under attack by them. (If I remember right)
Also, before this update, when you stood next to the door, the killcount counter would disappear. With this update, it's still there. (Might have been a bug before that is now fixed)

I was wondering wether they were just dark :P Didn't know about the monster thing, but my kill counter has been appearing when i'm near the door. :o

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

IDK why you guys are still trying to open it. It's obvious this is just a teaser for something big in early 2011.

However, unless the new boss behind the door is Corp Beast caliber, I think it'll be disappointing. Thanks to Jamflax's two exp weekends, the average player's abilities are much higher than ever before and therefore any new boss they release will instantly be SWAMPED with lots of people who have Yaks/Titians/OVL/Turm. Unless the boss is as powerful as the CB, it will be easily overwhelmed by the overpowered combo of OVL + Turm + Chaotics/Claws.

Unless it requires an exceptional amount of skill and/or requirements, like those found in WGS, which unlocked Tormented Demons. Their value is still preserved and its shockingly empty considering its low cost/profitability.

Yep, that quest point requirement is a big deterrent. Many people (including me, even though I have a Quest Cape) hate questing. Granted, (with the exception of Do No Evil) questing is much less of a chore recently than it was a year or two ago, since Jagex has started localizing quests so that you don't have to run from one end of the map to the other retrieving obscure items. Another deterrent for people is that TDs are one of the very few monsters in the game that actually require a little real life skill to solo them. The Corp Beast and Jad are the others that come to mind. Given the average maturity and intelligence level of most Scapers, TDs seem like too much work. It's much easier to fight a boss like Bandos or Sara where you can just pray, spec, and eat when necessary and it dies.

/off topic
Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

The saradomin and armadyl icons look lit...because the bandos and zamorak icons are naturally gray....where as the arma and sara icons are bright blue and yellow respectively.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts

By the looks of it, with words like shadow and revenge, it does point towards Zaros.

...how? Zaros is trapped in another plane of existence entirely and wasn't around for the God Wars, I thought?

That I didn't know. Who else is affiliated with the power of shadows and getting revenge?

Sliske and General Khazard come to mind...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
  • RSN:Severa
Maybe we're going to see a GWD related quest where we have to open the door for someone? As for who or what is behind it, it would be a surprise if it was anything to do with Zaros given that he had nothing to do with the God Wars. Perhaps it will be a new Dungeoneering dungeon?

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
You guys shouldn't rule out Zaros...because it really wouldn't be hard for jagex to just implement some random character finding out an unknown "secret" about the GWD no one found before.
It would take little effort to just mash zaros in there. And just because Zaros himself wasn't there, doesn't mean his followers couldn't be.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
Checking this out now. Ill post my findings. This might be bigger than the "Strange Power"

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

You guys shouldn't rule out Zaros...because it really wouldn't be hard for jagex to just implement some random character finding out an unknown "secret" about the GWD no one found before.
It would take little effort to just mash zaros in there. And just because Zaros himself wasn't there, doesn't mean his followers couldn't be.

No. By the time of the battle for the Godsword (which was LATE in the god wars), Zaros had been gone for centuries. We're talking a loong time after Azzandra had been imprisoned. His remaining followers were in hiding, and there was no WAY they were powerful enough to take on the armies of four major Gods in a battle like that.

We're not talking about some plot twist here, we're talking about revising established history to put Zarosian influence multiple centuries later than it should be.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

No. By the time of the battle for the Godsword (which was LATE in the god wars), Zaros had been gone for centuries. We're talking a loong time after Azzandra had been imprisoned. His remaining followers were in hiding, and there was no WAY they were powerful enough to take on the armies of four major Gods in a battle like that.

We're not talking about some plot twist here, we're talking about revising established history to put Zarosian influence multiple centuries later than it should be.

Consider the fact that the door has been there since the release of godwars. Why is there a door with the symbols of all four gods on it? Where did the Godsword come from, anyway? Without speculating further, those two unanswered questions alone open up the possibility that zaros was beginning to re-emerge near the end of the god wars, and was sealed away.

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

We're not talking about mastermind planners here. We're talking about Jagex.
You should know by now they can just as easily make this a weird out of place plot twist.

It also doesn't need to have relation to the past events of the GWD, maybe Zaros will just decide to join now, now that the dungeon is thawing out, and the war is still going. It's not completely out of line for him to join now to get his revenge, especially after our characters have been helping him get free this whole time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Silmandra
[ Display Name History ]

Silmandra

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • RSN:Silmandra
I would lol if it was brassica prime.

blacksimon
[ Display Name History ]

blacksimon

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 694 posts
GWD JUST SHOOK.

Kinda hard to have a screenie as proof, but the entirety of gwd just shook for like 10 seconds
Posted Image

Jolletzu
[ Display Name History ]

Jolletzu

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
Dragonkin came first into my mind, would make most sense probably.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

They might be a company that alienate their customers from time to time but their lore has always been detailed and well fleshed out, improving in quality over time. To make such a 'twist' as you're calling it seems completely against what they've already established in quests and lore alike. There isn't even a connection between Zaros and GWD save that Zamorak, who defeated Zaros, incited the war. That's it. There is literally no other connection.

Could it happen? Yes, there's a chance for everything in the realm of speculation. Is it feasible? Not really, if their lore writers and content developers maintain the quality of storytelling that they have up until this point.

Unless of course George Lucas recently took up residency at Jagex HQ...

hzvjpwS.gif

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior
Obviously you're all wrong and it will just be a new boss altogether. I'm willing to bet on it.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

Karvinen
[ Display Name History ]

Karvinen

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

Tried the Shadow sword and spells, nadda :P It looks like just a teaser for now :) Hope it will be good though when it does open! Maybe Voldermort is behind there...

Voldemort:

Posted Image

Mahjarrat:

Posted Image

Or was it the other way around?

http://en.wikipedia....eons_&_Dragons)

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Obviously you're all wrong and it will just be a new boss altogether. I'm willing to bet on it.

I'm not aware of anyone saying there wouldn't be a boss back there. In fact, considering the confirmed dialog coming from there, I'd be extremely shocked if it was anything BUT a boss. The biggest bone to be picked is who the hell is saying that.

hzvjpwS.gif

MstrMonopoly
[ Display Name History ]

MstrMonopoly

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,369 posts
  • RSN:MstrMonopoly
[bleep] yes regardless.

I piety the fool.

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

You should know by now they can just as easily make this a weird out of place plot twist.

It also doesn't need to have relation to the past events of the GWD, maybe Zaros will just decide to join now, now that the dungeon is thawing out, and the war is still going. It's not completely out of line for him to join now to get his revenge, especially after our characters have been helping him get free this whole time.

If Zaros is back there, it will be the first major plot failure in Runescape lore.

I'm not going to bother pointing out all the holes in your wild speculation.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users