Frozen door (New)

Danqazmlp

You guys shouldn't rule out Zaros...because it really wouldn't be hard for jagex to just implement some random character finding out an unknown "secret" about the GWD no one found before.

It would take little effort to just mash zaros in there. And just because Zaros himself wasn't there, doesn't mean his followers couldn't be.

No. By the time of the battle for the Godsword (which was LATE in the god wars), Zaros had been gone for centuries. We're talking a loong time after Azzandra had been imprisoned. His remaining followers were in hiding, and there was no WAY they were powerful enough to take on the armies of four major Gods in a battle like that.

We're not talking about some plot twist here, we're talking about revising established history to put Zarosian influence multiple centuries later than it should be.

We're not talking about mastermind planners here. We're talking about Jagex.

You should know by now they can just as easily make this a weird out of place plot twist.

It also doesn't need to have relation to the past events of the GWD, maybe Zaros will just decide to join now, now that the dungeon is thawing out, and the war is still going. It's not completely out of line for him to join now to get his revenge, especially after our characters have been helping him get free this whole time.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might be a company that alienate their customers from time to time but their lore has always been detailed and well fleshed out, improving in quality over time. To make such a 'twist' as you're calling it seems completely against what they've already established in quests and lore alike. There isn't even a connection between Zaros and GWD save that Zamorak, who defeated Zaros, incited the war. That's it. There is literally no other connection.

Could it happen? Yes, there's a chance for everything in the realm of speculation. Is it feasible? Not really, if their lore writers and content developers maintain the quality of storytelling that they have up until this point.

Unless of course George Lucas recently took up residency at Jagex HQ...

hzvjpwS.gif

Obviously you're all wrong and it will just be a new boss altogether. I'm willing to bet on it.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Obviously you're all wrong and it will just be a new boss altogether. I'm willing to bet on it.

I'm not aware of anyone saying there wouldn't be a boss back there. In fact, considering the confirmed dialog coming from there, I'd be extremely shocked if it was anything BUT a boss. The biggest bone to be picked is who the hell is saying that.

hzvjpwS.gif

You guys shouldn't rule out Zaros...because it really wouldn't be hard for jagex to just implement some random character finding out an unknown "secret" about the GWD no one found before.

It would take little effort to just mash zaros in there. And just because Zaros himself wasn't there, doesn't mean his followers couldn't be.

No. By the time of the battle for the Godsword (which was LATE in the god wars), Zaros had been gone for centuries. We're talking a loong time after Azzandra had been imprisoned. His remaining followers were in hiding, and there was no WAY they were powerful enough to take on the armies of four major Gods in a battle like that.

We're not talking about some plot twist here, we're talking about revising established history to put Zarosian influence multiple centuries later than it should be.

You should know by now they can just as easily make this a weird out of place plot twist.

It also doesn't need to have relation to the past events of the GWD, maybe Zaros will just decide to join now, now that the dungeon is thawing out, and the war is still going. It's not completely out of line for him to join now to get his revenge, especially after our characters have been helping him get free this whole time.

If Zaros is back there, it will be the first major plot failure in Runescape lore.

I'm not going to bother pointing out all the holes in your wild speculation.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

What about another Mahjarrat? Azzandra metions in a postbag about Trapped, Sealed or Mahjarrat in "Death sleep". Considering there are 4 god seals on it, it seems like they all banded together to seal away a common enemy. I've no idea who it is, but i'm fairly sure it's not Sliske as Azzandra has again mentioned she has spoken to him (Postbag 42 I think?), and if his prison was like his, communication in/out of it is not possible.

2v8sgvs.png

Having not done many of the newer quests, who is Sliske? Is he, or 'it' powerful enough to have been a problem for all four other generals in the GWD.

We have to remember, it isn't the gods themselves in the dungeon but generals of their army. It could always be a strong follower of a god behind the door.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[hide]

If Zaros is back there, it will be the first major plot failure in Runescape lore.

I'm not going to bother pointing out all the holes in your wild speculation.

[/hide]

I never said havign Zaros there would follow Lore. But honestly though, who else would it be? Judging from what is said when you try to open the door, and just picture all the other Big namers we have at the moment, Zaros is the only one that even makes partial sense.

I know my speculations have holes in them...because...shocking as this is...they're speculations. I don't have direct facts or quotes to back it up, it's just a speculation. I never displayed it as anything else.

Pointing out the holes in it would be telling me stuff I already know.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Having not done many of the newer quests, who is Sliske? Is he, or 'it' powerful enough to have been a problem for all four other generals in the GWD.

We have to remember, it isn't the gods themselves in the dungeon but generals of their army. It could always be a strong follower of a god behind the door.

Sliske is a Zarosian mahjarrat associated with shadows and deception. It was he who created barrows armor and used it to enslave the barrows brothers.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Sliske,along with Bilrach, are the only Mahjarrat that we haven't seen as of yet. He is a master of disguised and is believed to have cursed the barrows brothers. Soem rumours also speculate that he's the shady figure beneath Draynor.

Adding on to that, i think it won't be Zaros, but another of elemental, since we already have Chos and Balance. I also think it'll be an area for a new quest.

What about another Mahjarrat? Azzandra metions in a postbag about Trapped, Sealed or Mahjarrat in "Death sleep". Considering there are 4 god seals on it, it seems like they all banded together to seal away a common enemy. I've no idea who it is, but i'm fairly sure it's not Sliske as Azzandra has again mentioned she has spoken to him (Postbag 42 I think?), and if his prison was like his, communication in/out of it is not possible.

Could also be just the followers of those 4 gods....

But if it is a Mahjarrat trapped there, it is likely a Zarosian Mahjarrat...

Could you please link to Azzanadra's postbag thing you mentioned?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I don't think anyone has forgotten it who knew the lore. Once Zaros was defeated many of his followers switched allegiances when Zamorak returned and started the God Wars. I don't remember reading anything about Zaros followers being involved in those wars unless they had turned coat.

I never said havign Zaros there would follow Lore.

They wouldn't make an update that directly contradicts it. Zaros is not associated with shadows. He is associated with emptiness, conquering, and power that rivals Guthix. I don't see how you're saying it makes partial sense when everything contradicts it, the chief reason being that he was long gone before the God Wars even started. Why would he be entombed there then? Why would we need a portal to communicate with him in his former capital city of Sennisten when we could just waltz up to the door and put our ear to it? Just...why? Zaros is the one thing that absolutely doesn't make sense, let alone one of his followers.

Meh. I just don't get it.

hzvjpwS.gif

So I went down there to check it out wearing all the proper gear to protect against the monsters there... Oh man, the shaking was like ?! followed by the voices which were just creepy. :S