Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I couldn't be happier to see this. Although I'm astounded by the amount of people on Tip.it that are so adamantly against it.

I'm astounded that ... there are people who actually want it back o.O

The atmosphere in falador and varrock banks was .. just aweful (I have nothing against making gifts to friends ... if the gifts are not phats for example =/) and some random idiots trying to kill you in the wilderness ? I know the wildy HAS TO BE DANGEROUS but srsly if you want to fight, find someone who wants to fight back (attacking someone who is running and eating gets boring after a while)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously everyone and their grandma is going to vote yes on this one (with some extreme cases), but I'm not sure how they're going to implement the free trade system. They can't do it instantly or else thousands of items are going to lose their grand exchange value and many people are going to get destroyed economically.

1288581197250-1.jpg

15fssk5.png

Check out the bottom of the page. Jagex are going for another world record. I don't know if this has been posted yet, so sorry if it has. By the way, they took it off, so it's not longer there.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/562728-runescape/57554446

Meanwhile somewhere in China...

OMFG WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS BOYSSSSSSSSSSSS

Made me lol irl. :P

So I see they fixed RWT, botting, scamming and luring?

:rolleyes:

Jagex is not capable of fixing any of that under any circumstances.

I smell a hint of sarcasm coming from Emmentail.

I'm practically sweating sarcasm.

Voted no in our little tip.it poll btw.

asrhasrh.jpg

Would we lose the GE, or would you still be able to offer to buy things and such in it, just with the min/max limits removed.

Thing's like DIY'ng would gain more legitimacy in styles of playing as time taken to buy things would increase vastly.

Brings a new attitude or element of play back - instead of just off loading things straight into a box on GE for GPz you might be more inclined to hold onto your herbs as without a fixed price - you're not entirely sure how much X would cost for example.

Eh, other gameplay impacts to think about I guess.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

15fssk5.png

Check out the bottom of the page. Jagex are going for another world record. I don't know if this has been posted yet, so sorry if it has. By the way, they took it off, so it's not longer there.

Tell me why if they were going for a world record they'd put that there as if they were talking about their "Largest Free MMORPG" like they do on every splashpage?

...It's just a bad template. Gamefaqs is filled with disgrunted CEmen (not a censor evasion, that's what people on the CE board call themselves) and hellhole whiners about fair moderations. Don't take anything they say as fact.

:wall:

hzvjpwS.gif

Meanwhile somewhere in China...

OMFG WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS BOYSSSSSSSSSSSS

Made me lol irl. :P

I see nothing gets past you.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I couldn't be happier to see this. Although I'm astounded by the amount of people on Tip.it that are so adamantly against it.

The atmosphere in falador and varrock banks was .. just aweful (I have nothing against making gifts to friends ... if the gifts are not phats for example =/) and some random idiots trying to kill you in the wilderness ? I know the wildy HAS TO BE DANGEROUS but srsly if you want to fight, find someone who wants to fight back (attacking someone who is running and eating gets boring after a while)

I miss that. I want that kind of unrestricted player interaction. I enjoyed people acting like they wanted, hell I think the whole concept of scamming in an MMO is brilliant for the sheer fact that it brings a little flavor to the day to day of Runescape. The feeling of danger in the wilderness is great. Being attacked by what is basically a group of bandits sounds fantastic, exciting. I'm thrilled just thinking about that kind of player interaction returning to Runescape.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

stupid remains stupid

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

This is such a fake vote. Jagex are just pretending to make this the 'community's choice' when really they've got the update ready to go in a few week's time. It's such a pathetic publicity stunt in more ways than one.

And I don't appreciate that they won't let me vote no <_<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I miss that. I want that kind of unrestricted player interaction. I enjoyed people acting like they wanted, hell I think the whole concept of scamming in an MMO is brilliant for the sheer fact that it brings a little flavor to the day to day of Runescape. The feeling of danger in the wilderness is great. Being attacked by what is basically a group of bandits sounds fantastic, exciting. I'm thrilled just thinking about that kind of player interaction returning to Runescape.

I suppose there are people who are going to come back if they do it .. and people (like me .. 100% going to happen) who are going to stop playing the game, anyways, if it happens ... I'm pretty much happy for you guys :thumbsup:

15fssk5.png

Tell me why if they were going for a world record they'd put that there as if they were talking about their "Largest Free MMORPG" like they do on every splashpage?

...It's just a bad template. Gamefaqs is filled with disgrunted CEmen (not a censor evasion, that's what people on the CE board call themselves) and hellhole whiners about fair moderations. Don't take anything they say as fact.

:wall:

The people on the rs board have been playing since rsc, and are right a lot of the time. CE is a totally different section, CEmen don't typically visit any other boards than the Current Events board. Trust me, I've been a member on that website for awhile now.

The people on the rs board have been playing since rsc, and are right a lot of the time. CE is a totally different section, CEmen don't typically visit any other boards than the Current Events board. Trust me, I've been a member on that website for awhile now.

So have I, both in regards to playing since RSC and using that site. You still don't trust anyone there for a game like Runescape as far as you can throw them.

hzvjpwS.gif

Hmmm -- so if it does come back ,I guess it just proves that three years of whining, [bleep]ing and complaining can actually achieve something. <_<

I guess I should go and apologize to my children for all the times that they whined and cried to me, in order to get something, and I said "no" ...

Congratulations Jagex, you've made spoiled children everywhere completely happy.

nyuseg.png

I see nothing gets past you.

Not when I'm on duty. *straightens hat*

I suppose there are people who are going to come back if they do it .. and people (like me .. 100% going to happen) who are going to stop playing the game, anyways, if it happens ... I'm pretty much happy for you guys :thumbsup:

I'd hate to see another player quit. But that's the way things go I suppose. Again good luck to your side of this whole vote. :cool:

Walkman1022.jpeg

Never have i seen a vote so [developmentally delayed]ed in my entire life. I mean, seriously? No no option, people can vote for you and to top it all you can multiply your votes by repeatedly inserting your name. I bet 5k there'll be some bot to mass vote on this.

I really don't like this, while free trade is nice, it just opens a floodgate of RWT agents. Not only that, but the wildy is fine the way it is. If people want to PVP, they go to a PVP/bh world. If they just want to wander around, they go to a regular world. They'd be better off by improving the pvp drop system then allowing the former method, also a way to rwt.

This gets a no no from me :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Don't worry bro, I voted for you :thumbup:

But yeah, in all seriousness, this is the dumbest vote that has ever been set up. I can't even believe it. I want free trade back (there is NO POINT in restricting trade if they just design the GE in such a way that people can use its limits to RWT all they want), but this is mind-blowingly stupid. I don't understand what they're thinking with this.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Hmmm -- so if it does come back ,I guess it just proves that three years of whining, [bleep]ing and complaining can actually achieve something. <_<

I guess I should go and apologize to my children for all the times that they whined and cried to me, in order to get something, and I said "no" ...

Congratulations Jagex, you've made spoiled children everywhere completely happy.

Don't be so cynical about this. Jagex may have handled the trade restrictions and wilderness changes extremely poorly, but right now you sound just as bad as those who complained when everything was changed in the first place.

Walkman1022.jpeg

The "return the wilderness" vote is a front. Jagex doesn't care about the votes, and the results won't influence anything. But as far as everyone here cares, it's a good thing.

Why? The first things I noticed - There's no account validation, and you can vote with any username. There's not even a "no" option!

Jagex already intends to return the wilderness and free trade, and they're doing so as a means to revitalize a game that's been dying since they originally removed them in 2008.

See the Google Trends graph for Runecape here

Indeed, Google searches for Runescape have been falling ever since the end of 2008. Jagex has made this connection many times.

It will take you and every one of your friends, ex-friends and probably even enemies to register sufficient votes to bring it back.

Yup. Jagex wants you to go pleading to everyone you know to get involved with Runescape again.

So should you even vote? Yeah. Even though it's rigged, the larger the response Jagex gets they happier they will be that their plot is working, and the more time and energy we'll see them invest in RuneScape in the future

Welcome back, free trade!

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

No... just no... I feel that Jagex is just asking the rs community to completely ruin the game. Just cause we want something doesn't mean we need it... I can see this update doing infinitely more harm than any positive effects.

Be careful what you wish for, cause you might just get it. <--- comes to mind w/ this update

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)