Jimmyw3000

Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I like the free trade, but the wildy is going to suck hard for clues now... :( Revs were cake compared to PKers.

Weren't clue scrolls supposed to be challenging?

Challenging, yes. Suicide, no.

a70c7.png

I like the free trade, but the wildy is going to suck hard for clues now... :( Revs were cake compared to PKers.

get stronger so its not suicide? and it was never suicide, it actually pretty uncommon to see pkers in deep wild (that weren't hotspots like MB or lever)

because clue scrolls were impossible before they removed wilderness pking....

Clues weren't that hard... Then again we have all these new things in the game now it may be a pain in the ass. If it comes back then the wilderness will be chaos for at least a week, clues will be hard as hell to complete unless done in the dead ass of night on some slow Aussie server.

I don't know much about clues since I quit around the time the new ones were in the game (level 4) but I think it's worth it.

If your only reason for wanting the old wildy back is to kill players that don't want to pk then your opinion means nothing to me.

People are suppose to get killed by pkers when they go into the wild. Just saying.

No, there are those that legitimately want to kill those that are legitimately taking a risk. However, there are players that just want an easy kill. You know the ones that lurked below level 20 ready to teleport at a moments notice attacking abyss runners. These are the same types that if they could, would camp out at Lumbridge picking off respawned and new characteres.

And this is coming from someone that likes the concept of PvP, with better rewards coming from such servers due to the real risk involved. At least with PvP servers, you pretty know when you go there you're likely to get attacked. The old wilderness was full of people hoping to take advantage of gameplay mechanics, design, player naivety and other factors to get a kill where the other was not expecting to be attacked by players. I'm for PvP where both players are intending to be PvP, and not tricked into it by some factor.

Same goes with free trade and the scamming plus real world trading. I'm for the former without the latter, and I have a low opinion of those that aren't.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Seriously? People are worried about clue scrolls being 'too hard'? I'm sorry but this game has been dumbed down a lot to satisfy the whiners. We managed to do clue scrolls in the past I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue now.

People might also start worrying about luring, sometimes people just lack common sense. If you fall for a lure because you're trading rare's or whatever at the edge of the wilderness then you deserve to die for being so stupid.

nooblolzp5.png

Part of Runescape since November 2004.

The sarcasm is strong in this one.

And yes, clue scrolls were possible back in the old wilderness... But tell me, when did we get claws, korasi's, chaotics, and all the other wonderful crap used nowadays to destroy anyone and everyone in PvP? And that's WITHOUT extremes and overloads.

a70c7.png

Wow, never realised how many [kitties] there were on RS now.

Anyone who played RS before the update knows that the wilderness was intended as a very dangerous place where you could die easily. It never stopped me going to get my level 3 clues done, or going to the KBD, or killing green dragons. Yes, it could be an inconvenience at times to have someone attack you, but you would do something called "not being pathetic and bad at the game" and either escape or understand that the wilderness was supposed to be dangerous and by entering it you knew that there were risks involved.

Also, the reason that Jagex don't feel that this will have an uncontrollable effect on RWT is because they now have more experience and technology in handling the problem correctly. The system that they put in place helped prevent RWT, but it was never taken away, just slightly shrunken. What is the point in reducing the quality of the game significantly to win the fight against RWT a little bit. RWT has always been and will always been a part of ALL online games.

No, it isn't a [bleep]ing record attempt. What would they gain? Ever thought about the number of people that will return to the game and purchase at least a months worth of membership to try out the new old wilderness? I know of at least 6 or 7 friends of mine (irl) that will be doing so, and so will i. That is almost $50 from just me and a few friends, a tiny percentage of the old Runescape players.

I never thought that there was any true distinction between the old and new players on Runescape, however now i see that there is a clear line.

To all you newer players that don't want the up date, man the [bleep] up.

^All opinion, as always :)

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Most people doing clues had nothing at all on them besides the essential spade, clue scroll, sextant, etc, and had nothing worthwhile to loot. Pkers would kill them out of nothing but maliciousness, and got a kick out of seeing them lose their clue scroll. Says a lot about who you are as an person if you think it's funny to do that sort of thing. It did not make clue scrolls any harder in the slightest, it made them simply more annoying and created unnecessary drama.

2480+ total

Seriously? People are worried about clue scrolls being 'too hard'? I'm sorry but this game has been dumbed down a lot to satisfy the whiners. We managed to do clue scrolls in the past I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue now.

People might also start worrying about luring, sometimes people just lack common sense. If you fall for a lure because you're trading rare's or whatever at the edge of the wilderness then you deserve to die for being so stupid.

It's not really a matter of deserving, but it would definitely do some people some good. You don't conduct trades near the wilderness for the same reason you don't go meet your friends at the local slum. Sheltering people from the realities of the world is a lot like teaching them to be complete germaphobes. In the longrun, it dosen't prevent you from ever getting sick, it just severely weakens your immune system.

How could dropping your spade, sextant and turn protect from melee + protect items on when attacked is impossible?

I dont think you can get 1 shotted that easily during those days, best they got is an ice barrage + dragon dagger specs.

Anyways, we already have bounty worlds, what do they mean by "bringing wildness back"?

I stilll vote for yay anyway, I would prefer freetrade in terms of GE and assist system, not that good old direct trade.

By bringing the wilderness back they mean bringing the wilderness back before December 10th 2007. When they was not many restrictions on killing each other apart from the level difference and the wilderness levels.

nooblolzp5.png

Part of Runescape since November 2004.

1. Don't bring back the "Wilderness". What people want is a "Keep what you kill" system like the old wilderness. As such change some of the PvP servers to that rule. If your only reason for wanting the old wildy back is to kill players that don't want to pk then your opinion means nothing to me.

If your reason is the wilderness shouldn't be dangerous, then your opinion means nothing to me.

Remember when there was that warning? if you go into the wilderness, be prepared to die. What happened to it?

Also, gspbeetle, Badgers was obviously being sarcastic.

Staurolite.png

So can anyone tell me why they used a completely new page instead of a mechanic that already exist on their own bloody homepage? You know; the one where we might actually express our dissatisfaction and/or agreement in an orderly and organised fashion, rather than a spamfest of who can type names the fastest...

How can Jagex possibly lend any credibility from this poll-tition?

I remember a day when Jagex admitted that if less then 5% of the RS population liked something, they said it needed changing... A poll some time later showed that less then 3% actually thought that the Karil's Barrows set was the best one in their opinion... Has it changed? Nope...

For this wild and trade thing, its a wait and see...

But I don't blame anyone who, as a customer, refuses to be treated like they are currently by a company... (yes im hinting at people quitting)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

If your only reason for wanting the old wildy back is to kill players that don't want to pk then your opinion means nothing to me.

People are suppose to get killed by pkers when they go into the wild. Just saying.

No, there are those that legitimately want to kill those that are legitimately taking a risk. However, there are players that just want an easy kill. You know the ones that lurked below level 20 ready to teleport at a moments notice attacking abyss runners. These are the same types that if they could, would camp out at Lumbridge picking off respawned and new characteres.

Wait a second, wanting to kill innocent people in the wild who are not trying to fight was never suppose to be part of it? Last time i checked, rc pking, and killing anybody for the lulz was part of what made the wild the dangerous place it is SUPPOSE TO BE.

I didn't know peple who rc'd using the abyss were suppose to be able to do it mindlessly without any fear of dying. I could have sworn that it was purposely designed for pkers to be part of the risk when skilling in the wild. Unlike people at lumbridge, going into the wild meant you were aware that if you weren't geared to be attacked by a pker you needed to gtfo. The current status of the wilderness as an extension of safe areas for people to rc, do their clues, or do their greater demon slayer tasks is an abomination, not how it's suppose to be.

Wait a second, wanting to kill innocent people in the wild who are not trying to fight was never suppose to be part of it? Last time i checked, rc pking, and killing anybody for the lulz was part of what made the wild the dangerous place it is SUPPOSE TO BE.

I didn't know peple who rc'd using the abyss were suppose to be able to do it mindlessly without any fear of dying. I could have sworn that it was purposely designed for pkers to be part of the risk when skilling in the wild. Unlike people at lumbridge, going into the wild meant you were aware that if you weren't geared to be attacked by a pker you needed to gtfo. The current status of the wilderness as an extension of safe areas for people to rc, do their clues, or do their greater demon slayer tasks is an abomination, not how it's suppose to be.

I think NukeMarine says that he thinks that that too is wrong... there were quite a few things wrong with the old wild too you know...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

How could dropping your spade, sextant and turn protect items on when attacked is impossible?

Anyways, we already have bounty worlds, what do they mean by "bringing wildness back"?

I stilll vote for yay anyway, I would prefer freetrade in terms of GE and assist system, not that good old direct trade.

Imagine how ticked off everybody, especially the PKrs, would be if they brought back the wilderness:

1. No PvP servers, just this small area of the map called the wilderness where you're limited to even less people than before that you can attack.

2. No penalties for teleporting away from a fight. Remember, wlid of old had no prestige points to take away.

3. No skull means save +3 items in addition to protect item.

4. No special drops that only pkers can collect: no skill gauntlets, no corrupted gear, nada.

Yeah, people would love a "Keep what you Kill" system, but that means you're going to be fighting 1 itemers or skull mechanic abusing jerks that aren't risking anything. Bringing back the Wild as it was would be a step back.

No, I see "Free Trade" PvP dedicated to a few servers, with a few modifications to keep in the benefits of current PvP.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

the inability to vote no disturbs me,

i think jagex will be making it come back no matter what...

or else it's a fantastic publicity scam

agree.

I personally would not mind to have free trade back. But have already got used to the "new" wilderness, would not like to see changes being made.

If Jagex had separated the vote into topic 1: free trade, and topic 2: old wilderness; and ability to vote "no", would have been better.

Best if everything stays the way it is now.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

The problem is, the Wilderness has, these past 3 years, been updated with relative safety in mind.

Consider these:

Chaos tunnels entrances are all in Wilderness. Running from Edge to the nearest rope can be a potential PK camping spot.

Corporeal Beast's dungeon is in Wilderness. It needs high level gear (or mass amounts of people) to be killed. Both liked by PK'ers.

2 Minigames in Wilderness.

2.5 Quests in Wilderness. (Both Summer quests, Defender of Varrock, Temple at Senntisten, WGS [bork] all require at least partially wilderness)

Commonpalace Armoured zombie training says bye.

These need to be thoroughly considered.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I think NukeMarine says that he thinks that that too is wrong... there were quite a few things wrong with the old wild too you know...

There was nothing wrong with the old wild. It was never suppose to cater to safe activities. You were always suppose to know you had a chance of dying no matter what, and you were never guareteed to complete a lvl 3 clue scroll. The old wild is what made the game unique, complete freedom, no rules, no ethics, just an barren area where people could be malicious, back stabbing, low, whatever, and it was up to you to find a way to deal with that.

Seriously what's the point of the wild right now. There 's hardly a point in even having levels of the wild anymore. It might as well be redesigned to be another city with random minigames in it and recolored to have pink unicorns.

If there was ever honor or code of ethics in the wild, it wouldn't be called the wild. It would be an expanded duel arena.

The problem is, the Wilderness has, these past 3 years, been updated with relative safety in mind.

Consider these:

Chaos tunnels entrances are all in Wilderness. Running from Edge to the nearest rope can be a potential PK camping spot.

Corporeal Beast's dungeon is in Wilderness. It needs high level gear (or mass amounts of people) to be killed. Both liked by PK'ers.

2 Minigames in Wilderness.

2.5 Quests in Wilderness. (Both Summer quests, Defender of Varrock, Temple at Senntisten, WGS [bork] all require at least partially wilderness)

They already have, check the screenshot of the MMG chat. Relocation, relocation, relocation!

yes.png

True, the abyss was set up to use PKrs as the danger for a trade off of easier rune running. Problem was, the "pkers" that camped there teleported at the first sign of resistance. They wanted an easy kill with little to no risk. I liked that to use the abyss you had to use the wild and risk PvP. The problem was with how the wilderness was set up. I didn't like the protect item prayer, the way the skull rule worked, how players could tag team one-way combat, etc. It was the poor game mechanics at the time that let players 1-item pk or easily teleport from problems that annoyed me.

At least with PvP servers (which will likely be modified to a keep what you kill system), two radical styles of playing (pvm and pvp) are kept separate.

nukemarine.png

Consider these:

yay, more pking content introduced.

Oh no, there actually is a risk in going to the corporeal beast now. As if jagex never intended it to be that way. Oh well, if ur geared to kill a lvl 700+ monster, a few pkers shouldn't be any problem?

So quests get a little harder...crap, quests aren't just a job anymore and actually a challenge.

yay, maybe people will actually care if you have 99 str or melee stats now?

4. No special drops that only pkers can collect: no skill gauntlets, no corrupted gear, nada.

They're thinking about how to keep those drops. Read the screenshot of MMG's chat

yes.png