Jimmyw3000

Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Would make me laugh if Jagex came out and said "You weren't honest with your voting practices, voting on behalf of other people, using bots etc, so how can we trust you with free trade. Sorry guys you ruined it yourself. Free-trade not coming back" :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I havent voted on this or the real vote because i can not choose. I want wildy back but i like the g.e and not sure if free trade is a good idea plus i dont like the way jagex are going about it and i think it could potentially ruin rrunescape. :(

Same here, give old-wildy to pk'ers if they really want it that bad but keep trade-limits and ge.

That's impossible. A PK is in essence a one way unbalanced trade. Restricted trade would then no longer work. Simply put, if you have one, there's no point in not having the other.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Na, the passion vote is now just to see if it would be worth polling. The real vote with a log-in and real options will probably come in phase 2. Jagex wouldnt create the same vote style again, this one has been a debacle.

wessan.png

I have a worrying feeling that Jagex might implement their phase 2, and it'll be reasonable, before Sunday, thus rendering my impassioned Times article useless :unsure:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Would make me laugh if Jagex came out and said "You weren't honest with your voting practices, voting on behalf of other people, using bots etc, so how can we trust you with free trade. Sorry guys you ruined it yourself. Free-trade not coming back" :P

That made my day. Sadly though, even the most honest of players would probably vote for random other people.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

"Trimming all black armour 10k each!"

God, I love the old days!~ :cool:

You liked it when people were scamming other players? :unsure:

Back then, there were cheaters, scammers, lurers, and macros galore. Yet, everyone says it was really great. Really? Or is it just some form of nostalgia? Honestly, I've moved on from the days of the wilderness and free trade and have come to enjoy Runescape as it is today just as much. And after all these updates throughout these 3 years to please the pking community and try to make the game reflect how it used to be as much as possible, it seems counterproductive to go back.

1icyna.png

I remember in 06 or so some girl was inviting people underneath the bar in varrock (I believe it was) and told people she would dance "sexy" if they gave her money...

Ah yes... I can't wait :)

I have a worrying feeling that Jagex might implement their phase 2, and it'll be reasonable, before Sunday, thus rendering my impassioned Times article useless :unsure:

Publish early, like the old school papers used to do.

EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Seeing this petiition is as rigged as it is, this update seems to be inevitable in the eyes of Jagex.

Orrr this whole scheme is a troll stunt.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Well if this isn't a stunt of a sort I'm ready to steal from drop traders. Justice used to pay, very well at times. :thumbup: Also I hope everything is unlocked, staking, house chest, etc. If it's only trade then it wouldn't make any sense at all.

vizardsig-1.png

Back then, there were cheaters, scammers, lurers, and macros galore. Yet, everyone says it was really great. Really? Or is it just some form of nostalgia? Honestly, I've moved on from the days of the wilderness and free trade and have come to enjoy Runescape as it is today just as much. And after all these updates throughout these 3 years to please the pking community and try to make the game reflect how it used to be as much as possible, it seems counterproductive to go back.

Nobody says that the cheaters, scammers, lurers or macros were great. Well, nobody but the very few people who actually cheated or mysteriously based their enjoyment of the game on the low prices of raw materials. A lot of people did say that the idea of a truly brutal, terrifying and lawless land, where you can either be killed for nearly everything you're holding or come back with riches of your own as a result of your own skill was great. The idea of being freely able to hold competitions with proper prizes was great. Freely exchanging money for services, as opposed to goods, was great. We just accepted that the rising tide of illegal RWTing wasn't going to be beaten when we had those things. Now, it's definitely productive to go back to that, given that the game can still exist afterwards. Jagex says it will, so we support them.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Scammers were hilarious :P

But runescape was fine back then, it is fine now, and it will be fine if they bring it all back. As a game company, the job of jagex is to look for things they can fix or add. And of course when you look for things that need fixing you will come across things that are perfectly fine and yet will get fixed anyway.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

im not sure i want to play outside demonheim anymore if this comes to life....

and they really need to hold the vote on jagax ground, password and all, allowing only 1year+ players to vote.

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

and they really need to hold the vote on jagax ground, password and all, allowing only 1year+ players to vote.

1 year plus would be useless. If there was a real vote it'd only make sense if people who REALLY used those features and know what they were about could vote- set the limit at account created before 1. january 2007. Right now, most of the people voting no just didn't know what those features were about, thus there are reasons the current voting system makes sense. It is not a strict vote to determine the next prime minister, rather a popularity vote to see how many people find the page and put their name in the hat to support the idea, and if there is alot of buzz around the idea(as we can all see there is) the vote is a success.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

1 year plus would be useless. If there was a real vote it'd only make sense if people who REALLY used those features and know what they were about could vote- set the limit at account created before 1. january 2007. Right now, most of the people voting no just didn't know what those features were about, thus there are reasons the current voting system makes sense. It is not a strict vote to determine the next prime minister, rather a popularity vote to see how many people find the page and put their name in the hat to support the idea, and if there is alot of buzz around the idea(as we can all see there is) the vote is a success.

Riiiiight..... So people who have been playing from more or less the beginning and created a new character after 2007 have no right to have their say?

Troll.jpg

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

Riiiiight..... So people who have been playing from more or less the beginning and created a new character after 2007 have no right to have their say?

They can still vote on the account created before 2007 so i can't see a problem there...

And all those voting yes REALLY used those features? Please. That is no argument as there are probably just as many voting no who never used them as there are voting yes.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I honestly can't understand why people don't want the wilderness / free trade back.

The only reasons I've seen are

1. RWT will come back - but Jagex says they can handle it, who are we to tell them they can't?

2. Stuff in the wilderness will be harder to do - No it won't, right now revenants are much worse than pkers. With the older wilderness you could go on a low pop server and wander through the wildy for a week and never see another player. If anything, it will make doing things in the wilderness easier.

3. It will kill the GE - that just doesn't make sense. The GE is a hundred times more convenient than standing in W2 Fally bank for an hour shouting that you're selling 65k yews. The only thing free trade would really do is eliminate the annoyance of junk trading, allow people to give gifts to their friends, and allow you to sell stuff dirt cheap if you really want to get rid of it. This won't kill the GE at all.

4. PKing will screw the economy - again, nonsense. The current PVP system forces items to leave the game, driving prices up. The old wilderness keeps all used items in the game, meaning that combat item prices will drop and then level out in a much more fair range.

And a few reasons why it's good:

1. It eliminates GE manipulation - GE manipulation will be useless because regardless of how high the GE prices are, you could still buy the items for fair prices at fally bank.

2. It brings back the old wilderness thrill - pking or skilling in the old wilderness was always thrilling, but lately with revenants it has lost its charm. Don't you guys remember rushing to log out when you saw a white dot on the minimap, or footraces back to low level wilderness so you could teleport to safety? So intense, I miss it so much.

3. Rewards skillful players more - if I use my dds to kill so guy with a bandos godsword, I deserve that 25m or whatever the price is nowadays, not some 200k chump change because I haven't been standing idly in the corner for long enough.

TANSTAAFL

And all those voting yes REALLY used those features? Please. That is no argument as there are probably just as many voting no who never used them as there are voting yes.

There is no realistic way of determining if the played did use those features weather they vote yes or no, but there is a way of saying this person may have been using those features and that another person couldn't have been.

In any case, looking at the tip it vote(primarily a skiling community), we have a pretty good outlook of how the big picture would pan out, thus it'd be stupid to argue that if there were equal yes and no options, the no option would lead.

I honestly can't understand why people don't want the wilderness / free trade back.

That's what i'm thinking. People are basically being inconsistent in their opinions in that they trusted jagex when they canned free trade(and most of the high level content at the time), but doubt jagex now when they may change it back. It'd rather make sense if those people agreed that the removal of free trade wasn't the answer in combating rwt-ing, thus it should be brought back and other means should be introduced to prevent botting/rwt.

Another thing people should be looking at is themselves. Money doesn't buy itself, as we all know. If we want the game to be better, we have to be better ourselves(and not blame everything on jagex).

The good outweighed the bad back then.. I only ran into bots when woodcutting that actually hindered the way I played.. People think it's going to be mass pandemonium and I don't believe it would change the state of the game as much as the naysayers are saying.

Now, if I was a junk trader or a price manipulator I would be pretty worried. But for a bored level 138 I really welcome some change to spice things back up a bit.

Low_C.png

The good outweighed the bad back then.. I only ran into bots when woodcutting that actually hindered the way I played.. People think it's going to be mass pandemonium and I don't believe it would change the state of the game as much as the naysayers are saying.

Now, if I was a junk trader or a price manipulator I would be pretty worried. But for a bored level 138 I really welcome some change to spice things back up a bit.

doomthinkers

either they are merchers themselves or they are people who don't do very well in logics/logic thinking.

Does any1 know if with free trade the ge disappears?

Cuz sometimes I just have the need to buy things fast and going to w2 fally isn't always as fast as ge, it is entertaining though!

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I'd love to vote no...and I've been playing since middle school (7 years ago)

You can't prove for either side if the people voting have been playing long enough to know what it was like, so why make that claim?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Because I don't want annoying pk'ers, rwt'ers, account sellers and beggars.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png