Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Now the real vote comes, no more cheating on votes.

Vote for Yes!

Well it's still not good enough if you can just make an account and vote ... Anyways it looks like a crushing victory :blink: (I'd expect ~ ... 20% ... for no and don't care options combined)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, atleast it's better then not having to make a account.

It's definitely a representative vote. The only difference is max 1-2% .. and seeing the current percentage ... it's pretty much irrelevant. I may hate it if they bring it back, but at least I wont stop my membership now (I was ready to do it if the last vote was the deciding one ... I felt .. mocked)

Back in 07 you believed jagex when they said (without any proof) that runescape would need to stop if free trade wasn't limited, didn't you? (BTW: the whole idea of wilderness removal was never a thing on it's own, it was only inevitable when free, player to player trade needed to be removed).

Why do people not believe jagex now when they say runescape CAN continue if free trade was implemented. (And face it: the removal of wildernes was a side effect that ought to be returned ASAP - they tried doing it with revenants but that failed. I have no respect or whatsoever for people who are playing to be a victim when going into the wilderness!)

It sounds so hypocritical.

Back then I could see all the bots and Jagex's inability to stop them. So I believed that removing wildy and free trade was a solution. Now - come oooon. Their anti-cheat system right now is pure bs. It might be better than the old one but the bots are far better then their "past selves".

The reason was that runescape had to be shut down if credit card fraud continued.. - THAT is never proven & I find it highly suspectible (on top of that apart from the us, most people don't pay with credit cards and prefer other methods).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The reason was that runescape had to be shut down if credit card fraud continued.. - THAT is never proven & I find it highly suspectible (on top of that apart from the us, most people don't pay with credit cards and prefer other methods).

I know why they removed them. I was ready to leave (NOW) if the last vote (PHASE 1) was the representative one because it was a mockery to all the players regardless of the position (yes/no).

Voted yes on 8 accounts(all pre 2007, by the way). Gud stuffs.

It's funny that every pker has many(and usually alot of) accounts as you pk-ed at different levels and so on. How many accounts do skillers have?

Hmm, why remove PVP worlds? I though that was something they brought back from classic, pking anywhere...

Yeah, they should definitely keep PVP worlds. I've always loved the idea of them.

Wasn't very popular and it wasn't there for a long time in classic. In classic, for a short while at the start, every world was essentially a pvp world.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I hope most of ppl will vote NO... bots will come back, also scamers, and rest of junk which games doesnt need..

Have fun getting your measly 10%. Also if you get scammed, you deserve it. I've only been scammed a few times during the four years I played Runescape. All of the times were a result of either blatant stupidity or putting too much trust into online friends. And this applies to everyone. Nobody worth their salt can say that they were scammed and it wasn't because they were being stupid or didn't do some research.

It's time that Jagex stops babying their players and turn Runescape into a lawless jungle where morons get scammed and people run the risk of getting PKed everytime they step foot into the wilderness, even if they're going hunting for green dragons or doing clue scrolls and quests.

Bots can't come back if they haven't left ...

Also, owned.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It's pretty hard to get scammed. I was there in the days before the exclamation points and colored money; and even before then all it took was some patience.

Oh yeah, I did get scammed when I was a low level playing the "trust game", I lost my adamant platebody... I learned my lesson fast though, maybe it's a good life lesson for kids playing.

It's pretty hard to get scammed. I was there in the days before the exclamation points and colored money; and even before then all it took was some patience.

Oh yeah, I did get scammed when I was a low level playing the "trust game", I lost my adamant platebody... I learned my lesson fast though, maybe it's a good life lesson for kids playing.

It's not really about weather it's hard to not get scammed or not. The newschool people have been spoon-fed for so long that they can't even imagine picking up the spoon and shoving food down their throats. That's basically what all the whining is about.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'll jump on the band-wagon. You have to be a [developmentally delayed] to get scammed. I got scammed only once (if you can really call it a scam). I had ~150k and some dude came near the mining guild (I was mining the gold ore near it) and said he can trim any runite item for free ... I already knew this was impossible but I gave him my rune full helm (don't ask why I mined gold ores in full rune) just to be able to report him :ugeek:. Sadly .. he didn't got banned =/

Really glad they put this out quickly, now people can't complain that it is an unfair way of gauging how many people actually want the update. 89% in favour as of now...

Me too. I think this puts the claims of the insecure voting system and lack of info to rest now. Cheers, Jagex.

Hmmm I wonder how many "phases" are going to be ... There is a lot of time 'til the end of the fiasco (14 january if I remember right)

The use of the name 'Referendum' strongly suggests that this is the last word on the matter. If it succeeds (although the definition of success is still up to Jagex here, it's probably something like 70% yes votes or something), then the motion gets passed.

EDIT: I'm convinced that Phase 2 was invented as a response to criticism of the flawed vote of the 'petition', as opposed to something which they planned all along. After all, the first vote wasn't called Phase 1 at any point. It's a bit shady, but at least it resolves the issues.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'm still unhappy that people still feel the need to rig the votes voting on various accounts. If you think your side has so much chance, vote on your main account. It does disgust me just how much the Rs community is willing to cheat in what is a measure of good faith by Jagex.

I have been swayed in this thread, and I have voted that I'm not bothered. I am unsure as to whether they can realistically detect the bots, but if they can, good to them.

Mainly, I am just offput by the Communities willingness to cheat. That's the main reason for me being unwilling to vote yes. I don't want to be part of the scum (yes, I find people who cheat in votes like this as scum)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm still unhappy that people still feel the need to rig the votes voting on various accounts. If you think your side has so much chance, vote on your main account. It does disgust me just how much the Rs community is willing to cheat in what is a measure of good faith by Jagex.

I have been swayed in this thread, and I have voted that I'm not bothered. I am unsure as to whether they can realistically detect the bots, but if they can, good to them.

Mainly, I am just offput by the Communities willingness to cheat. That's the main reason for me being unwilling to vote yes. I don't want to be part of the scum (yes, I find people who cheat in votes like this as scum)

How is voting on multiple accounts cheating, I ask?

I have 5-6 accounts that I play REGULARLY, why shouldn't I vote them all in favor of yes? Seeing as they're all counted by Jagex as active accounts, me voting on only one of them would be like only voting 1/6th of a time..