New RuneScape trailer

Kaur

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it makes it look like a 'Fable-esque' RPG

How, exactly?

And CGI trailers from games like WoW look so and so much better.

This isnt a full on CGI trailer though.... with a few enhancements thats basically the graphics of RS now.... think about it. Skyboxes and improved fire is known to be coming, and then the only thing I can see that is left is better looking trees and faces. Its not far from the truth.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Looks EXACTLY like the ingame graphics actually, just camera angles that can't be done.

And those 90's cg trailers you see... well, those are for isometric games at the very most.

This is the same quality of art in most mid range games today... but very few of those manage even 100 hours of content (grinding included for them)

If you ask me, the biggest difference is the animations. They changed them to be all spruced up, however currently in game they are still very boring. The sound might have updated but with the current animations, combat still feels like it did in 2004.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

..Maybe this is a hint to that quest that involves the 3 signature heroes, considering that they're all there? Also, new mage spells (the spell the Mage used) and a Skeletal Wyvern boss in the works, perhaps?

And it really does seem that Jagex wants to go with that generic Combat only theme... they keep lessening attention to skills - the banners, the videos, the artwork... Although, it is impressive.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Damn Rs chicks need more armor like that in game.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I like the spell that the girl uses :D

Same here. I went "woah" when she cast it. :P Do want.

Also the part where the signature heroes and the skeletons turned their head to the skeletal dragon at the same time made me smile.

Crap graphics.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Meh I'm not really sure how I feel about it :P When compared to RuneScape's graphics, this trailer looks better.. but when compared to other game trailers, the graphics are still pretty bad. But I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The graphics aren't very appealing and they could be better, but making them better would make the trailer even less representational of the actual game.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

..Maybe this is a hint to that quest that involves the 3 signature heroes, considering that they're all there? Also, new mage spells (the spell the Mage used) and a Skeletal Wyvern boss in the works, perhaps?

And it really does seem that Jagex wants to go with that generic Combat only theme... they keep lessening attention to skills - the banners, the videos, the artwork... Although, it is impressive.

Well, really, how many people want to play a game about all those skills, vs a game about killing these epic creatures? In most, if not all RPGs, skilling is just a small part of it so your player can be self sufficient, making money, or in MMOs you can add a kind of teamwork value to skills. "You make the epic armour out of this now-dead boss' skin, I'll take his eyeballs and the plants around here and brew us epic potions." Or something...

I think the old trailer, or at least the last one I saw, was a lot better because it gave a much better representation of RS.

And honestly, I think the graphics were made using the game engine.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I think Jagex will work on a 3D approach to Runescape sometime in the future, and that looks pretty awesome. When I think how far they've come from devious mud, and the fact they use Java, it still amazes me. The glow on that sword is hypnotising <3:

The RuneScape graphics renderer is not Java. If you go to the Jagex cache folder, you'll notice some DLLs, like jaggl.dll and jagdx.dll.

Only the safe mode uses Java rendering (to be the "safe mode").

See also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Native_Interface