New RuneScape trailer

Kaur

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trailer made me think of WoW straight away, however cool it may be.

Same, the whole thing with Cataclysm. Think someone's REALLY scared of Blizzard now. I mean, dungeoneering, exp weekends were the start, but now this whole "oh do you want old wildy back?" and this trailer. Screams only one thing that they're losing the battle.

But anyways, I want that sword and the undead dragon.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Damn Rs chicks need more armor like that in game.

Less armor/more skin = better at magic.

Everyone knows that :D

*Starts wearing a thong* Can I hit 9001 now?

If female yes, if male you get mauled by a wandering corporeal beast.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Damn Rs chicks need more armor like that in game.

Less armor/more skin = better at magic.

Everyone knows that :D

*Starts wearing a thong* Can I hit 9001 now?

If female yes, if male you get mauled by a wandering corporeal beast.

Wait, are we saying a nudist is the best mage? Hint at a new spellbook perhaps?

"Today in RuneScape, we have a large addition to the Magic skill - the Nudist spellbook!"

Yeaaaaahhhhhhhhh......

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I think Jagex's purposes would have been served better had they not made this trailer in the game engine, cuz it looks like hammered crap, really. I don't see a trailer that looks like that attracting many people. Just my two cents.

The antagonist is definitely a Mahjarrat if you have seen the new concept art for them you would agree with me (not sure where I saw the concept art exactly, but I know I did see it somewhere..) .

That's possible, but if it is a Mahjarrat then he has to be the lamest one we've seen thus far. He sure went down pretty easy given how strong they're supposed to be. If I remember correctly, someone posted that concept art in the torva thread.

I don't think it's really fair to say that the quality of the trailer's animation is terrible. It certainly isn't good compared to what is common these days, however considering the engine used to create it the quality could be a lot worse.

edit: I think this is the concept art you're referring to...

499px-Majconcept.png

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

This trailer made me think of WoW straight away, however cool it may be.

Same, the whole thing with Cataclysm. Think someone's REALLY scared of Blizzard now. I mean, dungeoneering, exp weekends were the start, but now this whole "oh do you want old wildy back?" and this trailer. Screams only one thing that they're losing the battle.

... there was actually a battle going on ?

I got shivers watching that. O_O That was epic, considering it's done on the RuneScape engine.

it was intresting..........

some obvius flaws but over all (and after a bit more work) :thumbsup:

now if that really was made entirely on the system runescape its self uses i can see some epic graphics comeing...

bty wasent that thing at the end a scelytal wyvern?

edit: if you pause it at around 12 seconds you can see the monsters body (yet to be animated by the evil guy)

it has wings so it CANT be the corp

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Things to dislike;

"As long as there is Heroes, there is hope". Sounds so ...

"It feels like i have been fighting forever" LOL

Skeleton "running" towards the "heroes".

Signature heroes>Annoying. They are just annoying characters taking the spotlight from our avatars. For example, instead of working on these signature heroes, Jagex could work on a new item (a sword), which would aid our avatars more than lecturing a holes.

No bloodshed

Things to like:

Looks good in some ways

The warrior chopping the evil guy

Magic attack by the lady

Runescape improvement

Why does the evil sword look like a cls to me or a promie long :blink:

Completely made in the game engine :ohnoes:

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Dracoliches please :thumbsup: no more dumb wyverns, give us the real deal.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Things to dislike;

"The gods are gone from Gielnor". That's biggest [cabbage] ever. Runescape is the ONLY game i know of with TONS of Gods. Zaros has returned, Ampakein (monkey godess) has too...and active gods; Zamorak, Saradomin and Guthix.

Zaros is still banished, as his power faded out, he is sealed in some farway dimension probably, the prophecies tell of him returning, yet he's not back yet, only the communication portal was restored (which is basically nothing if his plans don't work out). Alll other gods were banished by Guthix when he woke up and ended the god wars, then he went back to sleep. The closest thing we have to a god is amascut, the devourer as she has reincarnated in some way. So the gods are really gone from Gielinor.

"As long as there is Heroes, there is hope". Sounds so ... Epic.

"It feels like i have been fighting forever" LOL Epic. Now I can sing verses from RS cinematics, finally not only "arthas, my son".

Skeleton "running" towards the "heroes". Depending on the level of necromancy the necromancers can do diffirent things to the undead, they could fly for all he wanted.

Signature heroes>Annoying. They are just annoying characters taking the spotlight from our avatars. For example, instead of working on these signature heroes, Jagex could work on a new item (a sword), which would aid our avatars more than lecturing a holes. They are epic.

No bloodshed Hm, this can be explained easily, that was some kind of an immortal (mahjarrat? probably). Proof? Raised undead die soon after their master dies. Pkus with his magical amplitude (look at the size of the spell aura) and his skill (not to mention his epic sword) he can have many tricks up his sleeve.

Also:

bloodshed.jpg

Things to like:

Looks good in some ways all ways. Agreed.

The warrior chopping the evil guy Agreed, its epic

Magic attack by the lady Evenmore epic, gave me the chills.

Runescape improvement Epic.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.