The Return of Ess Runners?

green9090

Waay back in the day, before pure essence came out, I got just over 80 runecrafting at a place called Fast Free Laws. Noobs would bring you a load of unnoted essence, you would hand them a stack of noted essence and laws equal in number to their unnoted essence. Noobs got money, we got awesome Runecraft exp. There were also extremely wealthy double nature crafters who would pay ess and significant cash for runners, and then turn around and sell their natures at a large profit. There was quite an uproar when free trade destroyed this synergy, and the assist system was a poorly implemented attempt at fixing it.

With free trade returning, I wonder if we'll see setups like this back again. I feel quite sure that the economy has progressed too far for fast free laws, because everyone and their brother would be willing to pay the rune ess for such fast runecrafting. But what about something like ZMI running (which wasn't around with free trade)? Crafter inventory would have to be 14 rune slots and a cash slot, and runners would bring pure essence in exchange for X money. Do you guys think this will end up being a common way for the ultra rich to train runecrafting extremely quickly? Will it beat cannoning crawlers for effigies?

Could be interesting to see that redistribution of wealth to lower levels back again. At this point the economy has left peons in the dust a little more than it did in 2007, which makes getting your "in" to higher level equipment and such very frustrating. If high levels will pay low levels enough for menial labor like this, it could affect the economy in some interesting ways as money enters the very low tiers of players.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any estimates for how much cash runners would need to be paid in addition to ZMI runes per run? It's going to be fairly high since everyone hates rc.

probably not much more than it was for law running

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

Why would runners say "k, im giving them my ess when the ALTAR IS RIGHT FREAKING THERE"?

You're a noob. Your entire bank is worth under 5m. You can get like 300 runecrafting exp with that ess you have (ZMI gives dramatically more exp at higher levels), or you can be paid, say, 25k by the nice man in the partyhat if you give it to him.

And I feel like 25k per load might be a reasonable estimate. People used to be paid upwards of 13k for a trip to the nature altar back in the day, but inflation was much less rampant back then. It's tough to estimate though, it all depends on what noobs are willing to work for and what rich people are willing to pay to get a larger amount of those noobs working for them.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I know I got ~15k air runes from W16airs/equivilant and I still have 5k left :D Glad this will make a return if free trade comes back.

You'd have to pay me a lot to do that. It seems ridiculous that anyone would run for ZMI altars.

Laws, I could see that. Buy ZMI? If you got me bothered to actually walk to the altar, I'd rather use that RC exp.

ZMI doesn't get you any decent runes, but it gets you $$$. That's what is important to the runners, unless its natures/law - although I must admit I can't fully remember how those work (is it you get paid money + runes, or you get noted ess + runes?).

But yeah, the end money/expensive runes is what matters to people, I remember as a lower level I ran laws to make money.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

You'd have to pay me a lot to do that. It seems ridiculous that anyone would run for ZMI altars.

Laws, I could see that. Buy ZMI? If you got me bothered to actually walk to the altar, I'd rather use that RC exp.

I don't see the difference. Laws, you also have to bother walking to the altar. Actually laws are muc hworse, since you would get 8k worth of law runes opposed to 25k pure cash. Lastly, this running isn't meant for people like you, it's for newbies who are working for their first few millions.

The law altar is a longer walk than the ZMI I'm pretty sure...

And like Bedman said, this isn't for you. Imagine yourself when your bank was nothing and you were still trying to get your first whip. That's the target audience of ess running.

I don't see the difference. Laws, you also have to bother walking to the altar. Actually laws are muc hworse, since you would get 8k worth of law runes opposed to 25k pure cash. Lastly, this running isn't meant for people like you, it's for newbies who are working for their first few millions.

Did they remove the quest req for crafting laws?

I remember doing it because I didn't have the required level/quests for making laws and I needed them. I'm just finding it hard to believe that for the ZMI altar people would apply the same logic.

top_lel_face.png

Remembering w16 airs was one of the leading contributors in me deciding to vote "yes." I probably won't go back to runecrafting, but I would love to see it come back just the same.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

I remember doing it because I didn't have the required level/quests for making laws and I needed them. I'm just finding it hard to believe that for the ZMI altar people would apply the same logic.

Yea, used to be Troll Stronghold, but Jagex removed the quest requirements.

Still, odds are anyone who would do rune running won't have the 54 runecrafting to craft them themselves.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

In F2P you would have to provide a better option than 10x airs, and currently I believe that works out to giving out approximately 2K per load, so you'll end up paying 15gp:1xp :s That being said though depending on how many runners you get I would probably consider that, to some extent, worthwhile.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Indeed, I remember people used to do the law runs. I never did it since my rc was already quite high when I decided to become memb, but I do hope it comes back. I'd love to pay people to do the runs for me :P

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

With current price of pure ess.. Not gonna work. But maybe return of bots and gold farmers will bring it down..

Here's a pic I once made when I tried to advertise FFL to my friend.. :lol:

thelawcompany.png

hiscores.png

99 runecrafting since '07

Did they remove the quest req for crafting laws?

It didn't matter anyway, crafters gathered outside of the altar, so doing the quest was unnecessary.

I've got over 600k pure essence backed up for when free trade comes back. Whether it drops or not I'll definitely make a profit crafting natures for runners. :thumbup:

Lol... whatever happens, 91 rc isn't going to mean paying runners and making a profit anymore. Nats are cheap, ess is expensive, and with green dragons as an alternative people expect more money per hour now than ever before.

I can see ZMI running as a legitimate business if top players are willing to pay for it.

I think a good system would be be since unless you have a [cabbage]-ton of runners, there will probably be some down time between trades and most likely you will be dealing with noobs so there will be some trades where they try and give you notes or something along those lines. So as to not waste your time I think "hiring" slightly less noobish people to run for you and then stock up on the ZMI teley runes (you will get more of course from crafting) and then trade each runner the cash (whatever amount it ends up being) and the teley runes, that way they get back to the bank quickly and can recharge prayer on the way back. That means they will have to stop less. This method of course would only work if you knew the people running for you. Otherwise the runners might not come back lol.