The Return of Ess Runners?

green9090

Even if running does come back, I don't see this as a buyable skill (in the traditional sense). Compare RC with runners to say, crafting, magic, or fire making. The later all blow RC out of the water in terms of XP on the cheap (even with runners), and if you're willing to pay a little bit more, you'll get much faster experience. RC is still limited to how fast you can complete a trade.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A manager from Smokin Mils was buying 25 million junk/hour for people to run ess for him at ZMI if anyone wants an estimate of the amount of money people are willing to pay for runners.

That's not an estimate at all, that's someone needing some junk for trading in the old, broken, non-free-trade system, and being creative about it. Looking forward to seeing how free trade is going to revitalise the RC skill here, i fondly remember paying runners at FFA when i was first getting my RC up. <3:

Game has changed to much on members for things to return like they were.

I think fast free laws is forever dead.

However, fast free airs on f2p might make a comeback since there is no ZMI.

As for ZMI... 14 open spaces at ZMI would be like 28 open spaces at the law altar.

So nobody is going to train that way because its just not better.

Really, you'd be better off with fast free bloods if you could find noobs that could make it there but can't make that crazy kind of cash your offering.

Finally, if you wanted to spend unlimited cash for marginal gains then have people run you supplies to make law tiaras. (assuming you can buy enough tiaras and law talismans to make it work)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

As for ZMI... 14 open spaces at ZMI would be like 28 open spaces at the law altar.

Really, you'd be better off with fast free bloods if you could find noobs that could make it there but can't make that crazy kind of cash your offering.

Finally, if you wanted to spend unlimited cash for marginal gains then have people run you supplies to make law tiaras. (assuming you can buy enough tiaras and law talismans to make it work)

Now that Golvellius has condemned it, we know for sure it's effective, since Golvellius is unerringly wrong about everything.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Now that Golvellius has condemned it, we know for sure it's effective, since Golvellius is unerringly wrong about everything.

Fast free laws could come back by the sheer power of nostalgia.

I could be wrong about that.

But ZMI ess runner crafting, no way.

You would have to make up numbers like you find a certain person's spreadsheet to convince anybody that its even decent.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

As for ZMI... 14 open spaces at ZMI would be like 28 open spaces at the law altar. So nobody is going to train that way because its just not better.

You would trade all your runes plus your cash payment for a full inventory of essence, you wouldn't keep 14 stacks. So it would be 26 essence per run probably to allow runners tele runes.

2496 Completionist

I would love if this came back, i remember doing w16 airs for ages just to buy a rune chain and rune kite. Only took me an hour to get lured into deep wildy trying to pk and lose it. Although maybe this time i would be getting exp instead of money.

I know I got ~15k air runes from W16airs/equivilant and I still have 5k left :D Glad this will make a return if free trade comes back.

You'd have to pay me a lot to do that. It seems ridiculous that anyone would run for ZMI altars.

Laws, I could see that. Buy ZMI? If you got me bothered to actually walk to the altar, I'd rather use that RC exp.

ZMI doesn't get you any decent runes, but it gets you $$$. That's what is important to the runners, unless its natures/law - although I must admit I can't fully remember how those work (is it you get paid money + runes, or you get noted ess + runes?).

But yeah, the end money/expensive runes is what matters to people, I remember as a lower level I ran laws to make money.

you gave unnoted ess and received noted ess + laws - the idea was also that 54 runecrafting was a massive skill level by that time.. It was only something less than 100k people had! That's why it was so succesfull!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

As for ZMI... 14 open spaces at ZMI would be like 28 open spaces at the law altar. So nobody is going to train that way because its just not better.

You would trade all your runes plus your cash payment for a full inventory of essence, you wouldn't keep 14 stacks. So it would be 26 essence per run probably to allow runners tele runes.

This. 1 minute trips of (59?) ess per trip would be the same as trading 4 people a minute 14 ess, essentially. Runners wouldn't be any faster than going solo unless you're trading the runes you get to free invy space for more ess crafted per trade.

This. 1 minute trips of (59?) ess per trip would be the same as trading 4 people a minute 14 ess, essentially. Runners wouldn't be any faster than going solo unless you're trading the runes you get to free invy space for more ess crafted per trade.

I disagree- putting up all the runes would take forever. It would be a lot faster to do two or three trades of 13 ess per person than sit there offering 7-14 piles of runes every trade.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I thought about this as well. I enjoyed Fast Free Laws and would hope something like it could come back, but the level differences have all changed now.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Fast free laws could come back by the sheer power of nostalgia.

I could be wrong about that.

But ZMI ess runner crafting, no way.

You would have to make up numbers like you find a certain person's spreadsheet to convince anybody that its even decent.

Because aren't dumb though. Maybe at first, law running will have high traffic, but if there's a better alternative, you better bet people are going there instead of laws.

That being said, I don't get your logic on why ZMI is bad. You give someone all the runes you crafted, they give you 28 ess. You could even give them 27 ess noted and have them give you 27 unnoted. It works out either way.

i haven't read this thread in its entirety, but couldn't this logic work for mining gold at concentrated rock caverns too?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

i haven't read this thread in its entirety, but couldn't this logic work for mining gold at concentrated rock caverns too?

Not really, if you're an xp/h nut and want to speed it up heat+drop the bars, or just drop the gold ores, trading people your ores would mean non-constant mining. You'd generally be at 84 for LRC too simply for the convenience of not getting attacked so much, so you'd have a bit of trouble finding each other to add to your woes.

Gold might not be worth much anymore but that's only because it has been so easy to obtain for the last 2+ years. With the return of bots and scams and everything else free trade brings with it we'll see gold rising in value, not to what it was before but it'll be worth more than it is right now.

I can honestly see certain Scapers paying millions a day to get 200m RC exp in such a faster time compared to any non-trade methods currently. I guess we'll see what happens though.

2ntz0y9.png

Gold doesn't have the same value as it did before, 1m before the wild was about 10m today so I don't see this ever returning unless crafters are willing to pay a lot more than they use to pay before the wild.

And the crafters will be willing to pay more, for the exact same reason runners will expect more payment. Woo economics!

You will be able to buy things with gold. Bear with me on this (as I do not know rare prices)

Let's say a White Phat=2b.

Today, with the ge, the price on that is NOT 2b.

So you would trade GE+Junk (or other rares) to reach a 2b total.

Without the GE restrictions, you could just trade 2b for it.

I know, I am probably wrong on the price, and what is actually traded, but I think that is the gist of it.

top_lel_face.png

You will be able to buy things with gold. Bear with me on this (as I do not know rare prices)

I know, I am probably wrong on the price, and what is actually traded, but I think that is the gist of it.

Basically gold will become more useful as a currency once trade limits are gone, that will increase demand for gold (Replacing the old demand for junk in the rares market, for instance) and cause the price to shift upwards.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Basically gold will become more useful as a currency once trade limits are gone, that will increase demand for gold (Replacing the old demand for junk in the rares market, for instance) and cause the price to shift upwards.

well, that's only a small part of the reason.

The biggest reason is that a huge money source, pvp statuettes, will be removed from the game. Couple this with no more high end items (barrows, whips, gwd armour, claws, etc) being removed from the game through dieing in pvp, and you get deflation. Add in the bots that bring in tons of supplies, and you've got more deflation. More items, less money => price goes down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see bcp and tassets at 15m or less again. (basically all the stuff you wondered how the hell it has gotten so high with all the inflation, should return long term).