Our_Moon

In Which Order Should I Train These?

Hiya; so, i'm returning from a year-long hiatus and would like to know how (in which order) i should train. I have these skills that are not level 99 yet:

Attack, Strength, Defence - 95

Constitution - 97

Fishing, Thieving - 85

Mining - 87

Agility - 78

Slayer - 98

Runecrafting - 91

Hunter - 82

Summoning - 88

Dungeoneering - 1!

I plan to get 99 slayer in with a week of returning; that will get me 96 att/str/def. After that, what would be the best way to invest my time? Really, i'd like a list of 1) this skill, 2) this skill, etc., but that's quite optimistic, so i'm just asking for general advice, at this point! Pointing me towards some good guides might be useful, as well, particularly a good dungeoneering one =p. Money isn't tight (as in, i would definitely consider hiring essence runners to speed up RC, or skills like that,) but i'm not willing to spend exorbitantly. If there is anything i can do to avoid fishing at leaping salmon or doing agility at a traditional "run around in circles" course, i would really like to know about it; i'm considering getting these particularly annoying skills up with effigies to avoid those horrible, horrible training methods...

Thanks a bunch!

Our_Moon.png

1) Slayer- use Kuradal

2) Burst/Barrage for charms and max summoning

3) I believe Dharoking monkeys is decent melee exp, so you could do those to max out combat next. You could also do AZ's.

4) There's a few dungeoneering guides in the AOW, but I'm too lazy to go get the. You could take a look yourself, or someone else might post them.

I'm not too familiar with the best methods for the other skills.

EDIT: http://forum.tip.it/topic/280619-dungeoneering-keyinggame-carrying/

http://forum.tip.it/topic/282880-dg-tips-from-a-3bo-rank/

Those are two decent Dungeoneering guides. Read the Tip.It and RunescapeWiki dungeoneering pages first to get a good understanding of the skill, play around with it first, then read the guides to become better.

If you fill the penance horn in BA, you get double the agility xp when doing courses, so 100k xp/h instead of 50k at your level. I'm doing this right now, it's a lot more fun because you get to alternate between agi/BA.

As for order, I'd get dungeoneering up first. Maybe to around 80-90. Scroll of life, scroll of cleansing, arcane stream, chaotic rapier... there's a lot of pretty neat rewards that you'll want. 99 slayer is just a formality at this point, might as well do it after you get your rapier.

2480+ total

• Killing the skeletal gorillas under ape atoll with either dharoks or void+chaotic rapier (unsure which is better) is some of the best melee experience. Killing living rock creatures may be better though.
  • Maxing your melees will get you past 99 constitution.
  • For thieving do pyramid plunder. Blackjacking is comparable xp but is horribly monotonous.
  • Once you get 90 fishing you can fish rocktails in the living rock caverns however barbarian fishing is still the fastest method. If you chose to fish rocktails use world 77 or 84.
  • Mine gold in the living rock caverns on world 84 or 77. I highly recommend superheating the gold as you mine it, with gold smelting gauntlets on.
  • Using the barbarian assault horn both saves you time and saves you training agility.
  • Just go ahead and get 99 slayer. You could dungeoneer for a rapier first but you've only got 1 level left.
  • Currently the ZMI runecrafting is the best xp. But I would wait and see if Jagex bring back free trade, which would allow essence running again.
  • I'm unsure what the best hunting xp is now. Previously it was barehanding butterflies but I don't know if the herblore habitat activity has changed this.
  • Kill waterfiends in the ancient cavern for crimson charms. Once you get 95 summoning use your iron titan and kill them in the chaos tunnels. Alternatively you could burst or barrage rock lobsters however this is quite costly whereas waterfiends are a small profit.
  • Do dungeoneering last, the higher your skill levels the faster it is. I would get it up with lamps and tears of guthix until level 49 because it is such abysmal xp at very low levels. Level 49 is 92k xp so you're only losing 9.2k tokens but saving yourself a lot of time.

quit

After you get 99 slayer, don't train combat at all. If you level your Dungeoneering to a high level, you'll probably end up getting 99, or close, in all your melee stats.

Nah when you train dungeoneering you only get str exp

Nah when you train dungeoneering you only get str exp

Hah, I forgot about that.

Yeah don't train strength then.

Do not engage in Dungeneering before getting some other goals. Get it up using lamps, Tears of Guthix and penguin. As stated, it is very slow xp in the beginnning. I got to level 45 or so without training in a few weeks.

Do some skilling goals , and follow the advice above. If you need magic xp, burst the lobsters, else, do waterfiends.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I'd go for a chaotic first thing, while farming for some nice cash (even if you don't need much, it's like 5m/hr). Otherwise, I wouldn't do monkey skeletons because of the lack of effigies.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Do not engage in Dungeneering before getting some other goals. Get it up using lamps, Tears of Guthix and penguin. As stated, it is very slow xp in the beginnning. I got to level 45 or so without training in a few weeks.

Do some skilling goals , and follow the advice above. If you need magic xp, burst the lobsters, else, do waterfiends.

I disagree with your point.

You should not take the easy way out on those first few levels. Yes, they're slow, but at the same time they're also necessary, for two reasons.

First of all, if you are going for chaotics, using lamps and other xp boosters on Dungeoneering would mean you'd have to train dungeoneering for even longer to get those tokens you miss out on.

Secondly, it's simply good practice. For someone who's never dungeoneered before, it is a very confusing skill. The worst time to pick it up is when your whole team is relying on you.

Thanks everyone; i do appreciate the comments!

So, would 1) Slayer 2) Summoning 3) Some other skills (Which help the most with Dungeoneering??) 4) Dungeoneering be a good path to take?

Also, about this penance horn thing, is it faster to obtain it and use it for agility, or is it faster to just buckle down and run around in circles for experience? What exactly does it do?

Our_Moon.png

So, would 1) Slayer 2) Summoning 3) Some other skills (Which help the most with Dungeoneering??) 4) Dungeoneering be a good path to take?

Also, about this penance horn thing, is it faster to obtain it and use it for agility, or is it faster to just buckle down and run around in circles for experience? What exactly does it do?

the horn doubles the xp you get. It's worth it to get the Master horn, if you don't already. It's twice as efficient as the normal horn.

You should not take the easy way out on those first few levels. Yes, they're slow, but at the same time they're also necessary, for two reasons.

First of all, if you are going for chaotics, using lamps and other xp boosters on Dungeoneering would mean you'd have to train dungeoneering for even longer to get those tokens you miss out on.

Secondly, it's simply good practice. For someone who's never dungeoneered before, it is a very confusing skill. The worst time to pick it up is when your whole team is relying on you.

Yes but getting to say level 40 - is not even the equivalent xp of one large 5;5 at 80ish (for you're chaotic)

It also allows you to do several consecutive floors without having to reset at crap prestige.

Usually the above point is the major turn off for people starting with dungeoneering - however if you have ~15 floors to go through, then reset etc, it might be less daunting as the xp won't be so awful. which might encourage people to stick at it.

I mean this still gives you ~20 levels to learn how to DG, then you can look for 5:5 teams.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

the horn doubles the xp you get. It's worth it to get the Master horn, if you don't already. It's twice as efficient as the normal horn.

I've been reading up on BA; this is good to know! Does anyone know how long it takes to "fill" a master horn? How about how long it takes to get the master ranking in one class?

Our_Moon.png

I've been reading up on BA; this is good to know! Does anyone know how long it takes to "fill" a master horn? How about how long it takes to get the master ranking in one class?

~10 games to fill horn.

5-10 hours to fill horn. 5 hours being a good team, 10 hours being a slow team. If you plan on getting 99 agi, you should get lvl 5 in all roles, takes 1-2 days depending how many hours you play.

2480+ total

5-10 hours to fill horn. 5 hours being a good team, 10 hours being a slow team. If you plan on getting 99 agi, you should get lvl 5 in all roles, takes 1-2 days depending how many hours you play.

Why all 5 roles? You only need 1 for a Master Horn, and level 5 healer is the only one that really makes a difference (and Defender, to an extent).

Every once in a while, you find a good, fast team. But that team won't necessarily need your role. If you apply with a lvl 1 role in something else, you're likely to be refused. Sure you don't need lvl 5 to be good in a role, but that's the only indicator other people have to gauge how good you are. Which is logical because if you're still lvl 1 that means you didn't bother with the role that much. Plus it's so ridiculously easy to get lvl 5 in all roles, took me a day. Save yourself the trouble and just do it.

2480+ total

Hmm, I am ok with part of that, but when you're first starting out, the question of team is in most cases irrelevant, as you usually especially starting out, are soloing the first few levels.

The other thing is, you don't want to be able to "not do things" as this makes you more of a liability to some than an asset all the way around. It also makes it easier to find a good solid team, when your skills are "viable".

For melee exp, I went slayer, that's me though. While training slayer, you get all the exp you can handle (melee, ranging, magic, constitution) and you get effigies as Quynax stated, you miss out on the opportunities of effigies along the way, and those can prove to be an excellent form of experience for you.

My best suggestion is, try not to grind 1 skill for too long? The game can become boring and monotonous, even "too much work" and whatever you do lol, don't save your least favorite skill for last if you want to in fact get that 99 lol.

barabas69.png

For runecrafting, cannon cave crawlers in the smokey well will be the fastest until freetrade is released (see zarfot's (youtube.com/tofraz) video guide on these). This could also be used for 99 attack and defense. This is also the fastest agility (horn might be faster, I'm unsure) and fishing xp. If you choose to heavy rod fish, you will gain additional strength and agility xp.

For mining mine concentrated gold in the LRC while superheating it for mage+smith xp.

For theif, I've heard the new monkeys are 300k+ xp per hour. Pickpocket these.

For hunter, barehand butterflies after ~95 agility. Agility xp will be gained from this.

For summoning, barrage rock lobsters in Waterbirth.

For DG, tears+lamps to 50, then see one of the aforementioned guides.

order (while doing tears/putting penguin ponts/lamps in DG):

1. Slayer, using effigies on slayer, training attack.

2. Cave crawlers, using effigies on RC, then fishing. Train attack until 99 then defense.

3. Once ~50 DG is reached, train DG to at least 200,000 tokens. Buy a rapier.

4. Continue cannoning cave crawlers.

5. If you are not insanely bored of cave crawlers, continue until 95 agility. Otherwise, find a pro BA team and gather horn charges. Ape course until 80, Adv. Gnome to 85, Adv. Barb to 95.

6. Hunter. Start with the lower level butterflies and move up as you level. Continue to 99.

7. Finish 99 agility, either using cave crawlers or pro BA at Adv. Barb.

Thief, mine, summon and the rest of DG can be done at any point. It would be efficient to do the rest of DG after 99 attack/defense, using it to max strength, but not completely necessary, as you'll keep cannoning cave crawlers probably.

Use effigy pairings on these skills when ever possible:

Crafting or Agility

construction or theif

cooking or firemaking

Farming or fishing

fletching or woodcutting

herblore or hunter

smithing or mining

runecrafting or summoning

NOTE: as you will not be able to use effigies on agility, theif, fishing, hunter, mining, and some runecrafting effigies with your current stats, I would reccomend getting them to 92 and 89 hunter, using traditional methods before you cannon cave crawlers. This will gain you additional xp, and save you time.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Honestly, just finish off 99 slayer first. Then, do dungeoneering until you get a rapier (2M XP), and max out your melee stats. After that, train everything else to the level you desire. The order in which you raise those other levels is up to you.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.