Vestra Imperiosus Civitas

paul191600

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the extended absence, as RL issues coupled with exams took away most of my time / motivation to moderate the last couple of days. The game will resume tomorrow, once I post the event reports. Please note that cycles will reset when the event reports are posted, since it makes more sense.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

-Events- (Actions posted after the last report need to be revised / reposted)

Japan:

Your villagers gradually learn the secrets of taming and domesticating wild beasts. (Animal husbandry tech gained)

Kaol:

Your scholar comes up to you, holding a small model made out of wood. He calls it a "boat", and when placed in water, it floats upright. (Basic rowboats gained [tech])

Vale:

Some of the workers sent to the cave return to you one day, holding a strange piece of material. On it, there is a sight similar to the cave paintings of old. However, it is more refined, but the material seems quite worn. The painting itself appears to display two men shaking hands, one robed, and the other in tattered rags. The one in tattered rags seems to have a distorted face, or is possibly donning mask. The sun shines high over the robed man.

Elysium:

The craftsmen finish tinkering with different theories of a "wheel", but eventually get back to you with a finalized product. It is a large, circular stone object, which rolls quite nicely.

One of your villagers tells you of an oddly-shaped rock formation, to the east of the village.

Phantoris:

Your craftsmen and scholars work together to complete the first rowboat known to your civilization. (basic boats tech gained)

One morning, a few of your villagers rush back from the coast, carrying a strange man. He has an odd, conical-shaped hat on his head, which makes a dull clang when flicked. He also wears intricate clothing, as if he has the scales of a lizard. The clothing and helmet give off a brownish-gold hue when in the light. The man seems to be asleep, and when you question the villagers, they tell you he was found lying on the coast near some broken wood.

Blade:

The scouting party returns in good condition, and they tell you that an abundance of foxes was found not far to the north of the village.

Talamh na fir olc:

A few scouts tell you horror stories of a cursed valley to the southeast, with bones scattered about in copious amounts.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I find a tree.

I cut it down.

I cut a container, 1 meter tall, which is as wide as the tree.

I cut another container, which is about half a meter tall, and slightly narrower, then I cut a small hole in the bottom.

I bring them back to the town.

I then treat both of them to make them water tight(except for the small hole).

I then fill the large container with water.

I place the smaller one on top and wait for it to hit the bottom.

I name this time a minute.

Thus inventing time. :thumbup:

Useful or not? Time will tell...Sooner or Later time will tell.

I get Joshua the Carptenter to look at the grinding stones and replicate their motion with a single peice of wood(Cogs please).

A road, using the stone from the last set of actions, is built between the settlements.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

The minister of craftsmanship shall be called Skaara.

1 A small group of people are given axes and told to chop down a few trees, chop them into shorter logs and bring them back.

2 Some elders and young people are gathered in a tent and told to come up with an idea that uses how some shapes roll better than others.

3 The net is checked for trapped fish and the fishermen begin looking for a good place to stand by the edge and stab the fish with their spears.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Hmmm.

1. A team is sent out to eithercapture or kill some of th foxes.

2+3 are banked.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Wait are we getting two reports? As you've only posted an events page, and I don't get what you mean by your statement on the events D:

Anyway,

My actions are

I check in with all my inventors (Fire, Roads, Carts, Paper) - Not sure if action

I check in with my buildings (Palisade, Granary, huge farm) - Not sure if action

I begin to build pens and farms for the domesticated animals, they're all named and documented.

Plans for a new city are drafted, it is to be located near the rocky outcrop. Reasons 1 - Easier availability of the resources located there, Reasons 2 - With the inventions of roads and carts underway, it would allow transportation between the two regions easier, and safer, Reasons 3 - Expanding our power allows scouting newer regions easier, and perhaps allows the communication with another village

If the first two aren't actions, then I bank one action, leaving me with two banked actions. If they are, then the one banked action is used.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Reports are basically the direct response to you posting your actions, while events are happenings that can either be completely random, or effected by your previous actions. Anyways, giving people a bit more time to post before updating with results.

TUBULAR BELLS!

-Action reports-

Archimage:

1. Craftsmen begin experimenting with the sinews, testing the properties of them.

2. Elijah begins smashing stones against eachother, in an attempt to get sharp shards as ordered. After some effort, he returns with a single shard, being quite sharp as well as thin.

3+4. Scouts and villagers head out, looking for any stone. A few villagers return with 4 units of stone, saying there is a small outcrop of rocks only a short walk from the village. However, it will not last long.

5. Many of your villagers begin to practice throwing stones, with some training their combat skills as well.

6. The villagers do rather sloppy work on the odd device, but it is finished nevertheless. Due to the haphazard work, the top container seems to vary in terms of how fast it falls to the bottom, but the variance seems minute. You declare this time, stating that it is a "minute".

7. Joshua gets to work on your idea, but asks for additional wood for testing.

Ross (Assuming you are using old actions):

1. Upon further inspection, the entire stone seems to be shimmering. It is stored away for the time being.

2. The wood scrap is used to experiment with fire, aiding the research process.

3. Villagers begins splitting some of the wood into planks. +10 planks, -6 wood

Mask: (banked)

Mather:

1. A small group of villagers heads off to one of the small groves near the lakes to begin harvesting the lumber.

2. A few of the elders and youth of the village assemble in a tent, discussing what shapes seem to roll the best. Ultimately, there is much bickering and confusion, but a few of them men leave determined to discover the best shape for a rolling object.

3. The net only contains a small amount of fish, no more than for a few households. Fishermen begin searching for a decent place to spearfish.

Earth:

1. A team of hunters set out to the location of the foxes.

(2, 3 banked)

Icu:

1. Your scholars tasked with inventing a suitable writing material as well as fire both seem to be making great progress, possibly on the verge of a breakthrough. Your people already know how to build basic roads, but no efficient cart has been constructed at this point.

The palisade wall seems to still be a basic foundation, keeping some animals out. However, your citizens have finished the granary without your word. The large farm's harvests were rather poor this year.

2. One of your architects begins planning a layout for the new city, and a small group of workers head off to the location for preparations.

3. Small pens are constructed for the animals found around the village. There seems to be only one type, which some affectionately call a "cow". -4 wood

Rocco:

1. The settlers are greeted to the village, and they give you one unit of the glittering yellow lump as a gift.

2. A moderate amount of stone-tipped spears are made, enough to support around 20 or so men. -2 stone, -2 wood.

TUBULAR BELLS!

3+4. Scouts and villagers head out, looking for any stone. A few villagers return with 4 units of stone, saying there is a small outcrop of rocks only a short walk from the village. However, it will not last long.

This took two actions?

Ok, so die rolls unfavourable...Lets live with that.

6. The villagers do rather sloppy work on the odd device, but it is finished nevertheless. Due to the haphazard work, the top container seems to vary in terms of how fast it falls to the bottom, but the variance seems minute. You declare this time, stating that it is a "minute".

*Big arguement how that is impossible on one hand an unlikely on the other*

As long as the varriance is tiny it shouldn't be terribly consequential. :thumbsup:

7. Joshua gets to work on your idea, but asks for additional wood for testing.

He is given first dibs on the wood from the second settlement, whenever it is established.

Three actions are banked waiting for the settlement to be established.

What about my scouts sent out a while back looking for fibrous materials?

1 I use stone to improve the wall around the village

2 I use stones to build a road to the new city plan

3 People are sent out to go find more animals to domesticate.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Are people still interested in this? If not, I will put it on hold until another time, due to having other hegemony-esque games starting up / running.

TUBULAR BELLS!

I'm still loving this, just waiting for you to get back to normal for modship. Until then i'm fune with waiting.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Yeah, Hegemony and Space Marine/Warhammer games, though appealing, just can't quite grab me at the moment....probably due to them being based on totally alien lore :grin: