How on earth am I supposed to make 930m gp to get my skills to 99?

Drichards2013

Combining skills as best you can works.

I plan on doing a great chunk of Smithing+Magic together by superheating gold (which is arguably one of the most efficient ways to train the skills).

You can really cut down on your Prayer costs by simply hunting many, or a majority, or some, of the bones you need yourself. Even getting 1k of any bone you plan to use cuts off MILLIONS of spent GPs. Think about it this way too;

Blue Dragons 100% Drops:

Dragon Bones

Blue D'Hide.

Crafting+Prayer right there. Efficiency people MAY disagree, however, if that money from selling those items would just turn around to pay for the same skills, I can hardly see it as horridly inefficient.

top_lel_face.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gremmy look at post times; my post and urs came at same time. Yours jsut happened to post before mine.

As for Drichards believe whatever you want to believe all I was saying is in terms of rs people call efficient the best xp:hr, regardless of cost or profit so you wanna be careful in using it.

Your personal opinion may differ as to what efficient is, but it doesnt matter the rs community at large relate efficient to xp:hr alone.

Also if you superheat while doing 99 mining it would take MORE than 2 weeks as the super heating delays you, you cannot jsut add extra actions in at no cost to time at all.

Bro, just stay the hell out of this thread. This guy knows way more than you do.

Efficiency is not just how much exp you can possibly get in an hour. Nobody would ever say that making demonic thrones is the most efficient construction exp. But it certainly would be the fastest. Efficiency takes cost into account by acknowledging that time=money. The cost of exp certainly is important in calculating efficiency. For example if you can make 2m per hour and you are getting 100k exp per hour while spending 2m then that "hour" actually cost you two hours of time. If you use another method that gets you 105k exp per hour but costs 4m per hour then this would be way less efficient.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Cls is better then cr because it hits harder and is bigger

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Training skills together doesn't automatically make it faster.

Doing 3 hours combined gets you less xp per skill than doing 1 hour of each alone would if you use the best methods for each skill.

As I said before efficiency in rs purely pertains to xp:hr ratios.

It does not account for gp:xp ratios.

My friend, efficiency takes into account time, gp, and experience.

Tell that to all the well known efficiency guide makers where efficiency is purely classed as the fastest xp possible; which is a valid point since being efficient is about being fast, not necessarily cost effective.

It is very, very different then that. Efficiency is always cost effective, usually being cost effective means being fast, but not always. The thing is being efficient vary's from person to person, it is a balance between your maximum income, the exp/hour of a method and the cost of a method.

If you really want to understand this please, please PM me sometime and I would love to take the time to explain it. I don't want to derail this thread too badly. The biggest efficiency guide maker is Grimy Bunyip, once you understand his spreadsheets you will understand what it means to be efficient.

On topic: The best way to make cash is through flipping and doing moneymakers, if you make 2% of your cash pile per day, which is low, as well as do frost dragons for 2 hours, which bring in about 6m, again a low estimate, I believe the formula for your money gains over time are as follows:

y = 6x times 1.02^x

Edit: realized my formula is wrong, anyone care to help me with a correct one? I suck at math. :???::(

The important thing is not to moneymake then spend then moneymake and spend, but to make all the money you will ever need then to spend it all. This way the compounding factor from flipping will help cut down on a boatload of time.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I'd say, don't pay a single gp on your farming, but do torstol all the way. It's slow, but extremely profitable. As in, I've made hundreds of millions (paid for turmoil and overloads) and I'm still only 94 farming.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

People will hate me for saying it, but 76king.

Yesterday i was barely on RS. I got from 0% EP to 41% ep and then 0 EP to 25% EP 2 times. So that is around 2 hours of EPing. That whole time i was just semi AFK, on YouTube keeping an eye on my HP and just keeping myself logged in.

I then tricked, it took me probably 45 minutes to get all of the trios done and my total loot from yesterday was 7m. Breaking that down...

1 Hour for 41% EP.

1 Hour for 25% 2 times.

45 minutes for the tricking itself.

Lets call it 3 hours including breaks etc... That is 2.3m per hour. That was with average loot, i could have at any point been lucky and received something like an ancient statuette, VLS or statius warhammer. Infact i death matched a target and he got a VLS from me.

Mixed in with farming runs, dailies and flipping/merchanting you could make piles in no time. But of course, the impending wilderness update could ruin this method (depending on how the statuettes/PVP loots are kept in the game).

Hope this helps.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I'd say, don't pay a single gp on your farming, but do torstol all the way. It's slow, but extremely profitable. As in, I've made hundreds of millions (paid for turmoil and overloads) and I'm still only 94 farming.

You're still making money on torstol at these prices? Or did you just have a ton of seeds stockpiled? I've been doing lower herbs recently but that's mainly due to the fact that 99% of my money is in dragon bones atm.

Yesterday i was barely on RS. I got from 0% EP to 41% ep and then 0 EP to 25% EP 2 times. So that is around 2 hours of EPing. That whole time i was just semi AFK, on YouTube keeping an eye on my HP and just keeping myself logged in.

I then tricked, it took me probably 45 minutes to get all of the trios done and my total loot from yesterday was 7m. Breaking that down...

1 Hour for 41% EP.

1 Hour for 25% 2 times.

Lets call it 3 hours including breaks etc... That is 2.3m per hour. That was with average loot, i could have at any point been lucky and received something like an ancient statuette, VLS or statius warhammer. Infact i death matched a target and he got a VLS from me.

Mixed in with farming runs, dailies and flipping/merchanting you could make piles in no time. But of course, the impending wilderness update could ruin this method (depending on how the statuettes/PVP loots are kept in the game).

Hope this helps.

Would you please remove the suggestion for bug abusing?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

1 Hour for 41% EP.

1 Hour for 25% 2 times.

Hope this helps.

Would you please remove the suggestion for bug abusing?

Not bug abuse, confirmed by Jagex.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

You're still making money on torstol at these prices? Or did you just have a ton of seeds stockpiled? I've been doing lower herbs recently but that's mainly due to the fact that 99% of my money is in dragon bones atm.

Juju potions are your friend :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Doing 3 hours combined gets you less xp per skill than doing 1 hour of each alone would if you use the best methods for each skill.

Tell that to all the well known efficiency guide makers where efficiency is purely classed as the fastest xp possible; which is a valid point since being efficient is about being fast, not necessarily cost effective.

It is very, very different then that. Efficiency is always cost effective, usually being cost effective means being fast, but not always. The thing is being efficient vary's from person to person, it is a balance between your maximum income, the exp/hour of a method and the cost of a method.

If you really want to understand this please, please PM me sometime and I would love to take the time to explain it. I don't want to derail this thread too badly. The biggest efficiency guide maker is Grimy Bunyip, once you understand his spreadsheets you will understand what it means to be efficient.

On topic: The best way to make cash is through flipping and doing moneymakers, if you make 2% of your cash pile per day, which is low, as well as do frost dragons for 2 hours, which bring in about 6m, again a low estimate, I believe the formula for your money gains over time are as follows:

y = 6x times 1.02^x

Edit: realized my formula is wrong, anyone care to help me with a correct one? I suck at math. :???::(

The important thing is not to moneymake then spend then moneymake and spend, but to make all the money you will ever need then to spend it all. This way the compounding factor from flipping will help cut down on a boatload of time.

I'll give the formula a shot.

Assumptions: You use the money you get at Frost Dragons in your flipping. You can hold a consistent profit flipping. Also, the first flip you do, you will not use profits from frost dragons (since you haven't killed them yet!) to buy your initial items, but I am going to assume this is negligible over the long run.

Basic exponential growth equation would be ab^t. a is your initial cashpile, b is the percent increase, t is the number of times you flip AND kill 2 hours of frosts.

So I'm not 100% sure if this is accurate, but it makes sense to me:

(a+600000)(1.02)^t.

Now if you kill 2 hours of frosts and get in 1 flip per day, you can sub t to be the number of days you will be doing this. a is still your initial cashpile.

Of course, this does not take in farming or MTK into account. But going off the above assumption of t=1 day, if you can calculate your average profit of farming, MTK, etc on a PER DAY basis, you could add it to the (a+6000000) quantity.

And obviously, if you can do better than 2% flips per day, change the 1.02 quantity.

y = 6x times 1.02^x

Assumptions: You use the money you get at Frost Dragons in your flipping. You can hold a consistent profit flipping. Also, the first flip you do, you will not use profits from frost dragons (since you haven't killed them yet!) to buy your initial items, but I am going to assume this is negligible over the long run.

Basic exponential growth equation would be ab^t. a is your initial cashpile, b is the percent increase, t is the number of times you flip AND kill 2 hours of frosts.

(a+600000)(1.02)^t.

Now if you kill 2 hours of frosts and get in 1 flip per day, you can sub t to be the number of days you will be doing this. a is still your initial cashpile.

Of course, this does not take in farming or MTK into account. But going off the above assumption of t=1 day, if you can calculate your average profit of farming, MTK, etc on a PER DAY basis, you could add it to the (a+6000000) quantity.

And obviously, if you can do better than 2% flips per day, change the 1.02 quantity.

Thanks a bunch, that is exactly what I was looking for. What happens to it if you flip twice a day?

PM me in game anytime

y = 6x times 1.02^x

(a+600000)(1.02)^t.

Thanks a bunch, that is exactly what I was looking for. What happens to it if you flip twice a day?

Your calculator murders you. :P

Honestly speaking, I have no idea. I guess it depends on whether or not you keep the pace with Frost Dragons each time you flip. So if each time you flip, you kill 2 hours of frosts, you could simply have t = 1/2 day, in other words, take the amount of days you plan on doing this and just double the number. Then if you want to add farming + MTK into the mix, you'd have to calculate how much you make on average from each between your flips. This gets difficult with MTK, however, which is why the below scenario is probably more accurate. If you're willing to sacrifice accuracy for ease, however, you can go ahead and just halve the MTK profit/day value and throw that in.

Otherwise, you would probably have to break it down into separate instances. So calculate normally, then switch to just a(1.02), then switch back and keep doing that.

EDIT: Hold on, I just realized if you plug in numbers into the original equation, it doesn't work out. Try a= 100000 and t=4 and you'll see what I mean. I'll think about it and post back.

y = 6x times 1.02^x

(a+600000)(1.02)^t.

Your calculator murders you. :P

Honestly speaking, I have no idea. I guess it depends on whether or not you keep the pace with Frost Dragons each time you flip. So if each time you flip, you kill 2 hours of frosts, you could simply have t = 1/2 day, in other words, take the amount of days you plan on doing this and just double the number. Then if you want to add farming + MTK into the mix, you'd have to calculate how much you make on average from each between your flips. This gets difficult with MTK, however, which is why the below scenario is probably more accurate. If you're willing to sacrifice accuracy for ease, however, you can go ahead and just halve the MTK profit/day value and throw that in.

Otherwise, you would probably have to break it down into separate instances. So calculate normally, then switch to just a(1.02), then switch back and keep doing that.

EDIT: Hold on, I just realized if you plug in numbers into the original equation, it doesn't work out. Try a= 100000 and t=4 and you'll see what I mean. I'll think about it and post back.

Sounds cool, I want to save this in my calculator so I can tell people like this OP exactly how long it will take them to get the money they desire.

PM me in game anytime

Sounds cool, I want to save this in my calculator so I can tell people like this OP exactly how long it will take them to get the money they desire.

Well I do have a formula that's more accurate now, but you're not going to like it. Here it goes:

Assuming a=your initial cashpile, b=percent profit from flipping (1.02 if you want to keep to the previous example), c=profit per cycle (outside of flipping, to keep it simple, lets say from 2 hours of frost drags), n=number of cycles you're looking at.

ab^n + cb^(n-1) + cb^(n-2) + cb^(n-3) ... + cb^(n-n)

I believe this takes into account that you will not use your first frost dragon profit to flip, as well.

So for example, if we work in the millions, a=1 (1m initial money), b=1.02, c=6 (6m profit per flip). Now if we take n=4:

(1)(1.02)^4 + (6)(1.02)^3 + (6)(1.02)^2 + (6)(1.02)^1 + (6)(1.02)^0 = 25.8 (25.8m total cashpile at the end).

Note that last term simplifies down to just +6, because you get the profit from those 2 hours of frost dragons, but not from flipping it.

As you can see, this formula gets crazy tedious with a lot of cycles.

Juju potions are your friend :).

Oh just learned about those yesterday. Guess I'll have to go figure out how to get those later.

Well I do have a formula that's more accurate now, but you're not going to like it. Here it goes:

Assuming a=your initial cashpile, b=percent profit from flipping (1.02 if you want to keep to the previous example), c=profit per cycle (outside of flipping, to keep it simple, lets say from 2 hours of frost drags), n=number of cycles you're looking at.

I believe this takes into account that you will not use your first frost dragon profit to flip, as well.

So for example, if we work in the millions, a=1 (1m initial money), b=1.02, c=6 (6m profit per flip). Now if we take n=4:

(1)(1.02)^4 + (6)(1.02)^3 + (6)(1.02)^2 + (6)(1.02)^1 + (6)(1.02)^0 = 25.8 (25.8m total cashpile at the end).

Note that last term simplifies down to just +6, because you get the profit from those 2 hours of frost dragons, but not from flipping it.

So how do you find n if given the end profit then? This shows the end profit if you know the number of cycles you plan on doing but in terms of knowing how long it would take to in OPs case, get 930m, can it help?

Still, very interesting and saving none the less, I'll for sure use this if I ever need to plan out any long term moneymaking.

PM me in game anytime

So how do you find n if given the end profit then? This shows the end profit if you know the number of cycles you plan on doing but in terms of knowing how long it would take to in OPs case, get 930m, can it help?

Still, very interesting and saving none the less, I'll for sure use this if I ever need to plan out any long term moneymaking.

Hmm, to my knowledge, I don't actually think there is a way outside of guessing and checking.

Perhaps there's a way to simplify the equation I gave down that I just don't know about. If there is, you could probably go off that.

I guess you could do it inaccurately to get a ballpark value, then plug in from there.

Hmm, to my knowledge, I don't actually think there is a way outside of guessing and checking.

Perhaps there's a way to simplify the equation I gave down that I just don't know about. If there is, you could probably go off that.

I guess you could do it inaccurately to get a ballpark value, then plug in from there.

Once school get's back in session I'll go to my trig teacher about this. Thanks for your help though, it's really interesting. I feel a bit bad for hijacking this guys thread.

PM me in game anytime

Once school get's back in session I'll go to my trig teacher about this. Thanks for your help though, it's really interesting. I feel a bit bad for hijacking this guys thread.

Yeah sorry for the long posts, guys. Please PM what you find out :)

Thanks everyone for your very effort intensive and meaningful advice. I will surely be taking all of these to the lab. I'm quite intrigued by the frost dragon method.

I think I can give you a ballpark estimate that if you flip twice daily for 2% profits each time and make 6m doing frost dragons also daily, getting the money your looking for won't take more then three months playing three hours per day. This is assuming you are starting from zero cash. The trick is that since the flipping profits are exponential to always keep enough money to flip and not actually spend it on skills until you have enough for all of your skills.

This is very much an estimation as me and Zaaps1 (mostly Zaaps1 actually) have yet to find a formula for this. But really, yea it's doable, you just need to persevere and have patience with the flipping.

PM me in game anytime

Thanks everyone for your very effort intensive and meaningful advice. I will surely be taking all of these to the lab. I'm quite intrigued by the frost dragon method.

I think I can give you a ballpark estimate that if you flip twice daily for 2% profits each time and make 6m doing frost dragons also daily, getting the money your looking for won't take more then three months playing three hours per day. This is assuming you are starting from zero cash. The trick is that since the flipping profits are exponential to always keep enough money to flip and not actually spend it on skills until you have enough for all of your skills.

This is very much an estimation as me and Zaaps1 (mostly Zaaps1 actually) have yet to find a formula for this. But really, yea it's doable, you just need to persevere and have patience with the flipping.

Three months, holy crap. Do you believe effective flipping on the grand exchange will still be possible after the re-release of free trade?

Three months, holy crap. Do you believe effective flipping on the grand exchange will still be possible after the re-release of free trade?

Well remember the 3 months figure is only with 2% profits. After the GE, with the limits removed, you could reasonably average higher than that.

Also, it doesn't include farming/MTK either, unless Nifflin included that.

An exact formula for a situation like this is exceedingly hard to compute because it involves an iterative differential equation that would need to be solved on a case-by-case basis. Yours is a relatively good estimate for low n, but with higher n, the error becomes very significant.

Furia_Deorum.png