How on earth am I supposed to make 930m gp to get my skills to 99?

Drichards2013

Training skills together doesn't automatically make it faster.

Doing 3 hours combined gets you less xp per skill than doing 1 hour of each alone would if you use the best methods for each skill.

As I said before efficiency in rs purely pertains to xp:hr ratios.

It does not account for gp:xp ratios.

My friend, efficiency takes into account time, gp, and experience.

Tell that to all the well known efficiency guide makers where efficiency is purely classed as the fastest xp possible; which is a valid point since being efficient is about being fast, not necessarily cost effective.

All pro people got 200m smithing with godswords and 200m con with demonic thrones and 200m crafting with onyx gems because they are the fastest xp possible.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for your very effort intensive and meaningful advice. I will surely be taking all of these to the lab. I'm quite intrigued by the frost dragon method.

I think I can give you a ballpark estimate that if you flip twice daily for 2% profits each time and make 6m doing frost dragons also daily, getting the money your looking for won't take more then three months playing three hours per day. This is assuming you are starting from zero cash. The trick is that since the flipping profits are exponential to always keep enough money to flip and not actually spend it on skills until you have enough for all of your skills.

This is very much an estimation as me and Zaaps1 (mostly Zaaps1 actually) have yet to find a formula for this. But really, yea it's doable, you just need to persevere and have patience with the flipping.

Three months, holy crap. Do you believe effective flipping on the grand exchange will still be possible after the re-release of free trade?

Yes! Even more so than it is now, in fact! The removal of min/max on items will make merchanting so much more profitable with only slightly more effort.

Furia_Deorum.png

I'm just about done with all of my non buyable skills and I've got Prayer, Construction, Herblore, Crafting, Slayer, Smithing, Summoning, and Farming all left to get to 99 and the amount of gp I need to make is unfathomable.

Do slayer first - that should make you a decent amount of cash, and give you enough (or close to enough) charms to get 99 summnoing.

While doing slayer, plant fruit/wood trees, and do herb runs when you can.. if you do that, 99 farming will be a breeze.

Construction, Crafting, & Smithing can be cheaper if you do slower methods and/or use the sacred clay tools.

Prayer and Herblore are the ones you cant do much about, but if you wanted herblore cheap you could clean herbs.

Try boss hunting for the remainder of cash you would need to get the skills to 99.. you'll make alot more doing that then making cash through skills.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Since you are so receptive of my advice, I'll provide some specific skill advice.

HERBLORE: ALWAYS do this making as many overloads/superantifires/extreme/spec restores pots as you can. A good herblorist will finish 99 Herblore with 1k Overloads, 500 Superantifires, 1k Spec Restores and 500 of each extreme pot (except defence because that's pretty useless). Even if it costs 10gp/xp more, you'll NEVER have to train herblore past 99 this way if you run out of pots. PLUS this is also the fastest method of herblore training, so you spend less time on it. Also GET A SCROLL OF CLEANSING FROM DUNGEONEERING TO SAVE 10% OF THE COST OF HERBLORE!!! Making Overloads is ridiculously fast exp, about 500k xp/hr making extremes and over 1m xp/hr making the actual overloads. I know, it's insane.

PRAYER: Watch the prices of ALL viable bones (Dragon, Frost, Dagganoth and Ourg usually.) The balance will occasionally shift and you can snag a great deal, a recent example was Ourg bones which were recently only 1gp/xp more than dragon bones and twice as fast prayer training (I jumped on this advantage and got 95-99 prayer.) Dragon Bones are around 275k xp/hr, Dagganoth Bones around 450k/hr, Ourg bones are about 550k xp/hr and Frosts about 700k xp/hr

SMITHING: Right now, smithing addy arrowtips is very close to break even Smithing. Plus, adamant arrowtips have hit their price ceiling in the GE, so they have street as well. ALSO if you smith your own addy arrowtips, you will also get 99 Fletching from fletching all of the arrow heads. SC tools would also help here. With SC tools this is about 150k xp/hr

FLETCHING: See Smithing. Addy arrowtips to addy arrows are like 500k xp/hr and should knock this skill over in no time.

COOKING: You can either do wines for this, or cook shark/rocktail. Wines cost a bit more and require more attention but give more exp, shark/rocktail break even and are semi-afkable. Wines are about 400k xp/hr, Shark or Rocktail around 250k xp/hr

FIREMAKING: To be honest, just burn magics for this. Really, it doesnt cost a HUGE amount and it gets this stupid skill out of the way and doesnt kill your wrists. Plus it's about 300-400k xp/hr with magics, so it'll fly by.

SUMMONING: SLAY FOR YOUR CHARMS. Don't do rock lobsters for them, otherwise then you'll slay afterwards and regret all of the wasteage of the charms. Make the best familiars at your level, and you'll be good to go.

CONSTRUCTION: Get a bunch of SC Hammers and Oak Planks and make Oak Dungeon Doors and 99 Construction costs only around 40m these days, which is a steal. Also the xp/hr is something around the whopping 400/500k an hour mark, which is outstanding

CRAFTING: Similar to Construction, getting a bunch of SC needles and green hides and making green dragon hide bodies also only costs around 40m and is something like 200k xp/hr (at least).

FARMING: GET A SCROLL OF LIFE FROM DUNGEONEERING. It is very cheap and lowers the cost of farming by about 10% (similar to the scroll of cleansing.) Then, I'd advise doing 3-4 herb runs a day of snapdragons/torstols (depending on your farming level and willingness to risk money,) and use the new JuJu farming potions. Also do a tree/fruit tree run a day using yews/papaya trees (or magic/palms if you are willing to splash about more money.) This should see you get 99 farming in about 3 months and at least break even (if not profit.)

This is most of the buyables, and what I believe to be the most efficient methods. Obviously you can alter them according to how much cash you have at one time, but these methods work very well. To obtain SC tools for Smithing/Construction/Crafting use the "fast sc" CC which at current rates should get you 4 and a half tools an hour.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Lol well the non-buyable skills are the hard part.

Making money is pretty easy.

Alternately... you can realize that for most "buyable" skills there are cheap methods that yield about the same exp/hour as an average unbuyable.

Over the years I have come to realize that the buyable skill is easier than the non buyable, however making the money has always been a problem for me. Since 2006.

Since you are so receptive of my advice, I'll provide some specific skill advice.

HERBLORE: ALWAYS do this making as many overloads/superantifires/extreme/spec restores pots as you can. A good herblorist will finish 99 Herblore with 1k Overloads, 500 Superantifires, 1k Spec Restores and 500 of each extreme pot (except defence because that's pretty useless). Even if it costs 10gp/xp more, you'll NEVER have to train herblore past 99 this way if you run out of pots. PLUS this is also the fastest method of herblore training, so you spend less time on it. Also GET A SCROLL OF CLEANSING FROM DUNGEONEERING TO SAVE 10% OF THE COST OF HERBLORE!!! Making Overloads is ridiculously fast exp, about 500k xp/hr making extremes and over 1m xp/hr making the actual overloads. I know, it's insane.

PRAYER: Watch the prices of ALL viable bones (Dragon, Frost, Dagganoth and Ourg usually.) The balance will occasionally shift and you can snag a great deal, a recent example was Ourg bones which were recently only 1gp/xp more than dragon bones and twice as fast prayer training (I jumped on this advantage and got 95-99 prayer.) Dragon Bones are around 275k xp/hr, Dagganoth Bones around 450k/hr, Ourg bones are about 550k xp/hr and Frosts about 700k xp/hr

SMITHING: Right now, smithing addy arrowtips is very close to break even Smithing. Plus, adamant arrowtips have hit their price ceiling in the GE, so they have street as well. ALSO if you smith your own addy arrowtips, you will also get 99 Fletching from fletching all of the arrow heads. SC tools would also help here. With SC tools this is about 150k xp/hr

FLETCHING: See Smithing. Addy arrowtips to addy arrows are like 500k xp/hr and should knock this skill over in no time.

COOKING: You can either do wines for this, or cook shark/rocktail. Wines cost a bit more and require more attention but give more exp, shark/rocktail break even and are semi-afkable. Wines are about 400k xp/hr, Shark or Rocktail around 250k xp/hr

FIREMAKING: To be honest, just burn magics for this. Really, it doesnt cost a HUGE amount and it gets this stupid skill out of the way and doesnt kill your wrists. Plus it's about 300-400k xp/hr with magics, so it'll fly by.

SUMMONING: SLAY FOR YOUR CHARMS. Don't do rock lobsters for them, otherwise then you'll slay afterwards and regret all of the wasteage of the charms. Make the best familiars at your level, and you'll be good to go.

CONSTRUCTION: Get a bunch of SC Hammers and Oak Planks and make Oak Dungeon Doors and 99 Construction costs only around 40m these days, which is a steal. Also the xp/hr is something around the whopping 400/500k an hour mark, which is outstanding

CRAFTING: Similar to Construction, getting a bunch of SC needles and green hides and making green dragon hide bodies also only costs around 40m and is something like 200k xp/hr (at least).

FARMING: GET A SCROLL OF LIFE FROM DUNGEONEERING. It is very cheap and lowers the cost of farming by about 10% (similar to the scroll of cleansing.) Then, I'd advise doing 3-4 herb runs a day of snapdragons/torstols (depending on your farming level and willingness to risk money,) and use the new JuJu farming potions. Also do a tree/fruit tree run a day using yews/papaya trees (or magic/palms if you are willing to splash about more money.) This should see you get 99 farming in about 3 months and at least break even (if not profit.)

This is most of the buyables, and what I believe to be the most efficient methods. Obviously you can alter them according to how much cash you have at one time, but these methods work very well. To obtain SC tools for Smithing/Construction/Crafting use the "fast sc" CC which at current rates should get you 4 and a half tools an hour.

Just wanna point out with Fletch/Smith, you'll lose money now with that method. (not much, but it wont break even now)

Popoto.~<3

Just wanna point out with Fletch/Smith, you'll lose money now with that method. (not much, but it wont break even now)

That's why I said very close to break even. In reality, it's still about 2gp/xp with sc hammers, but that's nothing (I got smithing when it was 11gp/xp -.-)

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

If you want the flipping method to work, the key is to get all the cash in one go. Because of that, IHasChicken's advice wouldn't work with my method. Especially when he says to always do herblore. Since flipping is a percentage increase in cash, the bigger your cashpile the faster it will go. If you take breaks from flipping and spend what you make then it will take much longer then three months to make the money, not counting the break time.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

If you want the flipping method to work, the key is to get all the cash in one go. Because of that, IHasChicken's advice wouldn't work with my method. Especially when he says to always do herblore. Since flipping is a percentage increase in cash, the bigger your cashpile the faster it will go. If you take breaks from flipping and spend what you make then it will take much longer then three months to make the money, not counting the break time.

Or, things could get more expensive in 3 months and you end out losing money.

Plus if he doesnt have ovls/turm he'd need them for efficient frost dragon killing.

So I don't really believe just hoarding money is the efficient thing.

dungensweapers.png

Well everyone. I have decided to start going from 75-85 dungeoneering so that I can begin working on making cash as soon as possible. Good news is I know how to flip and I do a pretty good job with the amount of cash that I do have. The problem is that at the rate I am going, I would be done with my non buyables waaaaaaaaaaaay before I can even start the buyable skills.

Anyway, like I said, I have started to do dungeoneering levels. I didn't plan on using a pak yak, turmoil, or overloads. Would killing Frost Dragons still be effective?

Plus if he doesnt have ovls/turm he'd need them for efficient frost dragon killing.

Well then you clearly lack basic math skills, I did some basic graphs of flipping profits, just to try and find the formula that me and Zaaps1 were looking for, once you start flipping with 600m+ you are looking at 12m profit per flip with a 2% increase each flip. If you keep spending money on skills as you get it you will ultimately take longer. The real profits don't come from doing frost drags, they come from the flipping towards the end. For it to work however, you need to be patient enough to hold on to all your money until the end otherwise it's just going to take longer.

Things may get more expensive but by the time he has 930m he will be making 19m every flip cycle which means he will be able to catch up to any price increases within a day or two.

This is all assuming only making 2% per flip, good flippers make 4-5%. In that case at 930m he would make 38m every flip cycle. Your method would mean he could never get there because he would be constantly spending money on skills and making less then a million each flip cycle. Really, your method would take longer no matter how you try and spin it.

Also, I accounted for the fact that he has neither overloads nor extremes in my calculations, that's why frost dragons are 3m/h in my calculations. Realistically they could be even higher for him. The key is to have a yak which I believe he has. Most of the kills are from the cannon anyways.

My three month estimate is very conservative, with good flipping it could be done in two months.

PM me in game anytime

Well everyone. I have decided to start going from 75-85 dungeoneering so that I can begin working on making cash as soon as possible. Good news is I know how to flip and I do a pretty good job with the amount of cash that I do have. The problem is that at the rate I am going, I would be done with my non buyables waaaaaaaaaaaay before I can even start the buyable skills.

Anyway, like I said, I have started to do dungeoneering levels. I didn't plan on using a pak yak, turmoil, or overloads. Would killing Frost Dragons still be effective?

What are your slayer and summoning levels? How far are you from a yak?

PM me in game anytime

Well then you clearly lack basic math skills, I did some basic graphs of flipping profits, just to try and find the formula that me and Zaaps1 were looking for, once you start flipping with 600m+ you are looking at 12m profit per flip with a 2% increase each flip. If you keep spending money on skills as you get it you will ultimately take longer. The real profits don't come from doing frost drags, they come from the flipping towards the end. For it to work however, you need to be patient enough to hold on to all your money until the end otherwise it's just going to take longer.

Things may get more expensive but by the time he has 930m he will be making 19m every flip cycle which means he will be able to catch up to any price increases within a day or two.

This is all assuming only making 2% per flip, good flippers make 4-5%. In that case at 930m he would make 38m every flip cycle. Your method would mean he could never get there because he would be constantly spending money on skills and making less then a million each flip cycle. Really, your method would take longer no matter how you try and spin it.

Also, I accounted for the fact that he has neither overloads nor extremes in my calculations, that's why frost dragons are 3m/h in my calculations. Realistically they could be even higher for him. The key is to have a yak which I believe he has. Most of the kills are from the cannon anyways.

My three month estimate is very conservative, with good flipping it could be done in two months.

Nifflin, thanks a lot for your very precise and in depth reply. At this moment I do not have a Pack Yak. Would Frost Dragon killing still be worth it? Or would you recommend that I go burst some lobsters or kill waterfiends for 96 summoning? You see, the thing is I don't really want to do that because I will eventually be getting 99 slayer and the charms...wasted...lol. But whatever earns me the most immediate cash is that I am most interested in.

So in a nutshell. Start Frost Dragons immediately after 85 dungeoneering with no Pack Yak or Overloads? Or kill Waterfiends for crimson charms and get 96 summoning before I start them?

I'm awfully sorry. You made this post as I was typing my other one.

You can look me up. My username is "Brink". I am 93 slayer and 83 summoning.

How about while you get 85 dugoneering you farm herbs and flip to make enough for extremes, then keep slaying until you have enough for 96 summoning. By that time if you keep flipping you should be getting along very well and frost dragons will supplement your income nicely.

PM me in game anytime

You still have ~12M Agility XP and ~8M Mining XP to flip while training non-buyables as well. All you really need for Slayer is extremes/rapier/turmoil/cannon, a steel titan helps but it's not worth getting 99 Summoning before training Slayer just for the titan.

10xy5fk.png

How about while you get 85 dugoneering you farm herbs and flip to make enough for extremes, then keep slaying until you have enough for 96 summoning. By that time if you keep flipping you should be getting along very well and frost dragons will supplement your income nicely.

Alright then. Sounds like a plan. 99 slayer will be after 85 dungeoneering then. Are extreme potions a necessity? :o

A very nice alternative (imo) would be to get 88 summoning through slayer and do tds with your first two chaotics (rapier and crossbow). They're about equal money and effigies and charms than frosts (more with steel), but less combat xp and harder to get used to. They don't, however, require a yak.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You still have ~12M Agility XP and ~8M Mining XP to flip while training non-buyables as well. All you really need for Slayer is extremes/rapier/turmoil/cannon, a steel titan helps but it's not worth getting 99 Summoning before training Slayer just for the titan.

I STILL have? That's not much time in my opinion, lol. Out of the things you suggested, what I have left to obtain are the extremes, the rapier, and the turmoil :o. Quit a bit of gp I'll have to spend. I think I can afford it, though.

I STILL have? That's not much time in my opinion, lol. Out of the things you suggested, what I have left to obtain are the extremes, the rapier, and the turmoil :o. Quit a bit of gp I'll have to spend. I think I can afford it, though.

Extremes are relatively cheap, and they will speed up slayer a lot. The difference between peity and turmoil isn't as bit as the one between supers and extremes.

PM me in game anytime