Behind the Scenes - January

The Observer

I thought most of that thread was talking about how it is torva. That's what I thought when I saw it at least.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAH :wall:

it was so obvius... why did i not get it?!

the armour found in the new rs trailer. thats the torva! it comes in all 3 combat tyles, its dark and leaked at just the right time.

101230124712.png

101230124944.png

101230125719.png

Hm...this seems interesting enough to be reposted higher up on the new page...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Snow all over the country today. Don't expect many Jmods to be in work - update will probably be Thursday at the earliest now.

Not much, if any, in Cambridgeshire so I doubt it'll impact those working at Jagex.

Snow all over the country today. Don't expect many Jmods to be in work - update will probably be Thursday at the earliest now.

Not much, if any, in Cambridgeshire so I doubt it'll impact those working at Jagex.

Yeah I was gonna say don't generalise.

No snow in norfolk and judging by weather forecasts etc the snow hasnt gone anywhere near most of the east anglia region which includes cambridge aka jagex hq, and even though some places had snow its hardly been heavy snow like pre-xmas. Just a light powdering.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I doubt there would be an update this week anyway, in the past they normally use it as a catch up week. Also there is only 3 updates this month so it would make sense. And snow is not a worry, not till the end of the week anyway.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

This week's weather forecast for the United Kingdom as provided by the Met Office: http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

• Snow likely to fall in northern England
  • Both myself and Rach live in the north of England. I don't know about Bolton/Manchester but it's not snowing here anyway, at least not yet.
  • Jagex are based in Cambridge, East Anglia, in the south-east of England. No mention of snow there. Regional forecast confirms no major snow showers until Friday at earliest.

Sore hangovers and our government's incompetence at dealing with swine flu are more likely to delay this update.

Sore hangovers and our government's incompetence at dealing with swine flu are more likely to delay this update.

I laughed at this because it's so true :P

But still the problem with swine flu under labour was just as bad.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I laughed at this because it's so true :P

But still the problem with swine flu under labour was just as bad.

Plus if you're Jewish it adds insult to injury.

Could the bow be the Dragon Crossbow? They said it would be coming once they made some changes to the combat triangle (Damage soaking).

@below: But why would they release a more powerful bow before releasing the dragon one? But it is Jagex after all.

it was too late to release dragon platebody, too late to release dragon 2h, too late to release dragon full helm, so it's okay to release dragon crossbow after 1 year more, or never.. :D

best dragon items are dagger and boots..

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

So if the Hati wolf is only going to be around for January, and we will get it soonest a week from now, it could be here for like 19 days? Gf developer time there. Really, quite well played Jagex, way to bring absolutely nothing long term to the game expect content that's accessible for 19 days and then becomes a part of lore.

Pardon my language but that the [bleep]ing stupidest waste of developer time I have ever heard of. We need a boss for years and they finally release two in one month, oh but don't worry, one is going to be gone for most of the year anyways. So stupid, maybe that time could have been put into something lasting.

Edit: added more rage.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

So if the Hati wolf is only going to be around for January, and we will get it soonest a week from now, it could be here for like 19 days? Gf developer time there. Really, quite well played Jagex, way to bring absolutely nothing long term to the game expect content that's accessible for 19 days and then becomes a part of lore.

Pardon my language but that the [bleep]ing stupidest waste of developer time I have ever heard of. We need a boss for years and they finally release two in one month, oh but don't worry, one is going to be gone for most of the year anyways. So stupid, maybe that time could have been put into something lasting.

And because the other will be part of GWD instead of some new area with a grandmaster quest required to access it, it will be too crowded to be any fun.

td2sig.jpg

Well now it may not seem like such a great idea but they did mention that this will be the first of many seasonal updates. Once they take it out of the game it's not gone forever, it'll be back next year. The way I see it is, it's guaranteed content to look forward to. This time next year we can all look forward to three or four more regular game updates PLUS the Hati wolf PLUS whatever other seasonal content may be out at the time.

So I do see this benefiting us in the future. Either that or it will end up like all of the holiday updates, no one wants them but we do them anyway.

2czeqeh.jpg

Well now it may not seem like such a great idea but they did mention that this will be the first of many seasonal updates. Once they take it out of the game it's not gone forever, it'll be back next year. The way I see it is, it's guaranteed content to look forward to. This time next year we can all look forward to three or four more regular game updates PLUS the Hati wolf PLUS whatever other seasonal content may be out at the time.

So I do see this benefiting us in the future. Either that or it will end up like all of the holiday updates, no one wants them but we do them anyway.

It doesn't seem like a great idea because it isn't a great idea.

Or we could have year round content that benefits us year round. Think about it, if they release one "Seasonal" thing per month, then each year we have one months worth whatever. On the flip side if all those updates are permanent, then we have more overall content available at any given moment.

It's really a huge waste of developer time, when there is so much need for permanent content. Think of all the skills that need stuff, think of all the unfinished quest series's. But no, we get one month content. It's such a waste. The game is far from finished, they should at least attempt to finish it before wasting time like this.

I'm looking at you, fire making, farming, mining, smithing, slayer, fishing, elf quests, myreque quests, pirate quests, desert quests. I can think of more too.

Of course this will benefit us and we will do it, but there are so many things that would benefit us so much more. It's really quite stupid.

PM me in game anytime

Plus, if they have it every year, then they could omit an update week like every two months which means overall they'd be doing less content. That is totally in line with the Jagex philosophy. :thumbup:

@ Malzra, you might want to start collecting bets on that. I would bet anything that they would. Imagine, if they release everything as seasonal content now they won't even need to release updates next year. Then the developers can just chill on RSOF and get their asses worshiped all day.

PM me in game anytime