Behind the Scenes - January

The Observer

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Efficient - "performing or functioning in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort"

You forgot with least possible expense.

If you make 1m/h and spending 30m on chins saves you more than 30 hours of range training, it's more efficient for you to use chins.

10xy5fk.png

And it undoubtedly will be, however at no point did i suggest it would be the best or better than the current winrars.

I insult people because it makes my peepee big.

Efficient - "performing or functioning in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort"

You said efficient, by the very definition it is the best. So you did suggest it.

>Implying there can't be multiple levels of efficiency, e.g. darts being more efficient than a bow but less efficient than chinchompas.

I didn't realise there were multiple levels of the best. By the way it is defined, although understandibly different considering the source, efficient means the best. That's it.

Depends on what the best is. I would rather pay out 100m to get the bow, get 99 range in a good time and resell the bow than to spend 30m and lose it to get 99 range quickly. Therefore, the best for me would be the bow, and therefore is more efficient.

Best = relative, what is most efficient for one player may be less so for another.

I see now. Yes perhaps it could be a contender for training, but personally see it more being usefull for pvp/monster hunting or even useful for some specific thing.

Does anyone know if they ever confirmed a dragon war hammer? I was hoping for it to come out with the next dwarf quest (unlikely becuase they normally mention it), or future ones along the quest line.

jpegsigtest.jpg

the bow may be fast xp, cost efective (low grade, but no cost?) and maybe even powerfull in pking.

but it might not.

we have a lot of infomation about it, but not enough to know what it will be like.

ok yes, its most likely not fast xp etc, but it could be. we just dont know yet.

and even if we know enough about its stats, its spec could be epic.

maybe a ranged equivilent of the SoL. maybe it shoots a blast arrow that hits 9 targits. maybe it will be totaly useless. but the point is, it could be good.

i never did say it will be something, all i know is what it is likely to be.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Depends on what the best is. I would rather pay out 100m to get the bow, get 99 range in a good time and resell the bow than to spend 30m and lose it to get 99 range quickly. Therefore, the best for me would be the bow, and therefore is more efficient.

Best = relative, what is most efficient for one player may be less so for another.

Ok, I know why we're mixed up now.

You're confusing efficient with preference....

To figure out if training with one weapon is more efficient than with another, you need to consider what your absolute BEST money maker is. Then you need to find out that...in the time saved using the quicker method, would you be able to make more money then if you had used the cheaper training method.

It is your Preference to use a training method that costs less money to do. While it is true what is more efficient varies from player to player...consider that the audience this bow will be available to is going to be people who are Maxed players able to kill the boss effectively, who also have access to the current BEST money makers (frost dragons)

For the people who have reasonable access to this bow, using it as a means of training will not be efficient for them to use. They can still use it out of their own preference of course.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

the bow is really going to make me get into range, i always hated the arrow concept to it, and i couldnt stand the crystal bow, can't wait to be one of the first to get the bow!

If you can afford what this bow will most likely cost, then losing a couple arrows shouldn't really matter to you anyway =/

Time for the big question. Will this boss be soloable? Jagex said GWD was intended for groups when it first came out, people started soloing the first day. Corp was unsoloable, but now Woox16 did it without food. Will this boss be even stronger than Corp?

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

So I heard ranarrs are going to go up because of this.

GWD expansion means prayer potions.

And a lot of them. I've been farming ranarrs. :P

sorry to burst you bubble but gwd=/=prayer potions. gwd=brews, sup rests and OVLs.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

sorry to burst you bubble but gwd=/=prayer potions. gwd=brews, sup rests and OVLs.

Actually with Overloads, I can get away with mostly Super Prayers with only a few Restores.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Actually with Overloads, I can get away with mostly Super Prayers with only a few Restores.

assuming this boss has higher dps then corp, you probably wont be able to.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Time for the big question. Will this boss be soloable? Jagex said GWD was intended for groups when it first came out, people started soloing the first day. Corp was unsoloable, but now Woox16 did it without food. Will this boss be even stronger than Corp?

Based on the hype Jagex created, yes I would venture to say it is stronger than the Corp. 15 unique attacks? Yeah, this is essentially a DGing boss OUTSIDE of Daemonheim. It won't be soloable for a long time after it comes out I don't think, but it may eventually become soloable a long time down the road due to power creep, unless Jagex gives it a spread-damage attack (something that does like 3k damage but splits it over a group, ensuring a OHKO if you are alone).

I really hope that Jagex doesn't do what I am afraid they're going to do with regards to accessing it: 40 kc from every boss. That would be a massive pain in the ass... But on the flip side, it'd probably keep away at least some of the less dedicated people.

td2sig.jpg

Defeating RuneScape’s most powerful and intelligent boss to date won’t be easy, with its arsenal of over 15 unique combat moves, each designed to test even the most powerful of players. You’re going to need help from your clan or some friends to take it down, but huge riches await those who succeed

To answer all those who have asked if it's harder than corp/if it's soloable. One thing that will be interesting to see, knowing how much SWH owns corp, will Jagex have given Nex some way of preventing his Defence being totally owned?

10xy5fk.png

assuming this boss has higher dps then corp, you probably wont be able to.

Higher DPS probably. I think a mod said it was going to be like lvl 900 or something. But then, we are getting new armor with lifepoint boosting, higher defense bonuses, potentially higher soak and all that fun stuff. So maybe the gear it drops will make it soloable.

pere_grin.png

Based on the hype Jagex created, yes I would venture to say it is stronger than the Corp. 15 unique attacks? Yeah, this is essentially a DGing boss OUTSIDE of Daemonheim. It won't be soloable for a long time after it comes out I don't think, but it may eventually become soloable a long time down the road due to power creep, unless Jagex gives it a spread-damage attack (something that does like 3k damage but splits it over a group, ensuring a OHKO if you are alone).

I really hope that Jagex doesn't do what I am afraid they're going to do with regards to accessing it: 40 kc from every boss. That would be a massive pain in the ass... But on the flip side, it'd probably keep away at least some of the less dedicated people.

Well, we both know Woox16 will be in there spending 30-50m+ if he has to until he either vids a solo or gives up.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

I know it would be extremely annoying to have to do, but that really would make Nex an extremely hard boss. Good luck killing 160 GWD generals (or just minions?) in under an hour if you die. :P

10xy5fk.png

I know it would be extremely annoying to have to do, but that really would make Nex an extremely hard boss. Good luck killing 160 GWD generals (or just minions?) in under an hour if you die. :P

40 KC from all 4 minions in under an hour is easily doable with a Steel Titan. Now the real issue is going to be, no one will know the best gear/strategy for this boss until later, so lots of people are going to be dying. If you're in a team and you die, it could start a domino effect. Plus you might be the last person standing, and lag before you tele. Then, no one would be there to bless.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

Oh, I meant to say god not boss. It's late and I'm sleepy. Still, 160 kc would be very frustrating. Also, GL looting your [cabbage] with a level 900+ boss attacking you lol, especially since from the "15 unique attacks" comment you can infer that most of the boss's attacks have some kind of "catch" to them like the upper-level DG bosses, and are not simply "pray this against that attack style to reduce damage."

td2sig.jpg

Imagine if one of Nex's 15 unique attacks is a teleblock. :P

gf.

but really, this boss does needs some

and are not simply "pray this against that attack style to reduce damage."
like things.

i wonder whats its 15 attacks could be. going my nomad, a few dunge bosses and corp.

we can exspect:

all 3 combat styles.

an attack that binds/freezes you.

a way for it to rejenerate hp in large chunks, posibly if mestakes are made.

attacks that hit everyone in the room.

an attack (or more likely, 3 or more attacks. if u had 2 for each class then what, only 9 more moves to go. good way to save efort) that deal high 900's

some form af damage resistence. to what is anyones guess though. (changes prayers like TDs?)

teleblock XD.

if this is a boss of zaros, then it would be able to use magiks rite? so blood(oh god... the hp it would get from the masses of 100+ people...), ice, smoke and shadow multi-attacks are posible.

miasmic spells? (to quote my self.

gf.
)

on the topic of being a zaros boss: curse's? it could pray deflect prayers/soul split (

gf.
).

posible human-like abilitys, such as switch prayers BEFOR thay hit you with a weapon, eating food, knowing who to targit, maybe even an alter that only the boss can pray at (do i need to say it?).

and last, but not least, a total #$%& load of lp.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

i imagine skills like kiting and properly timed running to be valuable for this boss

i also imagine having to use multiple combat styles

i wonder if augury/rigour could potentially be better than turmoil for this boss

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top