The Observer

Behind the Scenes - January

Double XP gloves and supers at AZ's... :twisted:

Try double exp gloves + voids + chaotic rapier + extremes at AZ's. God, that would be quite a bit over 150k, perhaps even 200k, melee exp/hr. Me personally, I'll stockpile those gloves to use on easy tasks like greaters, hellhounds, abyssal demons, gargoyles, blue dragons etc.

Great, now maxing melee got to be almost twice as easy. Melee-favoritism much?

With a new gravestone coming out in the new dwarf quest, maybe the free trade poll is being ignored.

Gravestones, if old wildy/free trade comes about, will be kept, just not in the wilderness/at corp.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

Try double exp gloves + voids + chaotic rapier + extremes at AZ's. God, that would be quite a bit over 150k, perhaps even 200k, melee exp/hr. Me personally, I'll stockpile those gloves to use on easy tasks like greaters, hellhounds, abyssal demons, gargoyles, blue dragons etc.

Well it says it doubles COMBAT xp, not just melee xp.

So...

gloves + chin or gloves + ancients, anyone?

Consider that it would double your hp xp as well.

An interesting thought, actually, what if there WERE very dangerous skilling areas? Like LRC, only far, far worse?

For example, a mine where you can't prayer, are skulled, having your stats drained, and where you are under heavy fire by high-level monsters from all combat areas? Then make it instanced or something like dungeoneering where you can only take a limited under of people into the same instance, and give the ore you mine a very high value (able to smelt into something really good, maybe into gloves that boost xp before they degrade, like mentioned in the BTS). Sounds like high-risk high-reward skilling to me. Just an example, of course.

Yeah, that's kind of a neat idea. I wish they'd implement something exciting like that.

crossed_body.png

Okay, so Ranged is going to be as cost efficient as Melee is. Magic still costs 1m/hr on Slayer tasks. I want a 20% magic damage staff that can cast free Fire Surges :evil:

They've probalys balanced it out by making the Wolf really hard.

p4570437.jpg

sick update, wonder if the new melee armor will give strength bonuses at all?

So...

Wow that makes those gloves...fairer, but all the more overpowered imo. But on second thoughts, battle robes + gloves while bursting/barraging rock lobsters = very fast summoning and amazing magic exp?

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

With a new gravestone coming out in the new dwarf quest, maybe the free trade poll is being ignored.

Gravestones, if old wildy/free trade comes about, will be kept, just not in the wilderness/at corp.

They've probalys balanced it out by making the Wolf really hard.

The fight itself is designed for a group of mid- to high-level adventurers

Can't be THAT hard.

So...

Wow that makes those gloves...fairer, but all the more overpowered imo. But on second thoughts, battle robes + gloves while bursting/barraging rock lobsters = very fast summoning and amazing magic exp?

With barrage you're looking at upwards of 210k magic xp per hour, 100k hp xp per hour, 220 crims of xp per hour, and paying for just ~250 casts per hour.

Damn, I hope these gloves are pretty rare.

I don't like how they explained the trapping of Nex. I mean, he's maybe as powerful as Azzanandra, who is a lot less powerful than a god, but he's locked up by a Saradominist crusade. That makes sense to me, crusades tend to be powerful. But apparently that single crusade was as powerful as four god wars armies?

Ah well it could make sense considering that the God Wars armies today are probably tiny anyway. I think Nex awoke only after the temple had been closed and the armies weakened.

Hope I can get a team for that boss.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I want to remind everyone how they said that damage soaking was going to change the defense skill or something to blow it all out of proportion, I doubt this armour will be represent a break from the status quo unless it's strength bonus surpasses that of Bandos amour or new things are released which require health over 99.

It's like how Bandos is better for slayer then Torags even though Torags gives more survivabillity. I'll wait to see if there is a strength bonus before going nuts.

Also, before you say it will have a strength bonus because it would be stupid if it didn't, lets remember this is Jagex we are taking about. We waited years for the dragon plate only for it to be ornamental.

Edit: Perhaps the market changes for Bandos versus Torva will resemble what happened when Bandos came out and replaced Barrows. Barrows didn't crash too hard in the long run, did it?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I hope the Magic armor gives magical strength or more rune saving %.

He does? I thought Azzandra taught him the Magicks?

Magicks are unique to the zarozian army, and they were created by Azzandra, a loyal general of Zaros.

Zaros himself was never specified to have a "specialty".

But, his army had many majharrat, and their dimension has the most advanced war technology... (Equipment and techniques, dragon weaponry came from there).

crossed_body.png

couldnt be more stoked for a new boss. im sick to death of bandos and sara. tho im kinda pissed at new bo tho, i just spent 200k tokens on a chaotic cross >_<

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I wont be selling my bandos because i need something to fight in, but i'm glad i stocked some torstols and I have 600 overloads ready to take this thing down. SODB finally has a new boss to conquer. :razz:

Low_C.png

Well now...

Dwaf Quest - Nom, one of the few quest series I like.

GWD - Nom, now I don't care if it has strength bonus's I would love to get my hands on Torva just for a little bit to play around, however I will not be going to the boss as he's well out of my league, soooooo Draz, Octarine, Hunter Ghor and I will probably spend our time at Bandos or something get the feel for GWD :D

Hati Wolf - Nom, hopefully can get more than 1 set of gloves.... In which case 99 attack will be a doddle.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Thought the purple trim meant zaros, woop woop cant wait

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I believe the "life point boosting armour" will work something like this;

it soak-absorbs damage and adds them onto life-points, similar to Guthan's set (randomly).

Doubtful, as all that does is effectively increase the soak %. Adding lifepoints automatically after taking damage is same as not taking the damage.

Likely, it'll be a permanent boost to your max life points while you wear it. So, even if you take damage you can heal up to that new max. Would +300 be too much? That'll be like effectively having 129 Con if you're maxed out at 99 con.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I believe the "life point boosting armour" will work something like this;

it soak-absorbs damage and adds them onto life-points, similar to Guthan's set (randomly).

Doubtful, as all that does is effectively increase the soak %. Adding lifepoints automatically after taking damage is same as not taking the damage.

Likely, it'll be a permanent boost to your max life points while you wear it. So, even if you take damage you can heal up to that new max. Would +300 be too much? That'll be like having 129 HP if you're maxed out.

I originally thought it'd be +300 for the set

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Ummm....profitable SKILLING update pl0x?

Quite honestly, unless the boss turns out to be as easy as barrows I have nothing to look forward to this month. Jagex needs to acknowledge the existence of skillers and make a high level skilling update wth profits comparable to god wars. I mean, is 99 str/def/att really harder than 99 wc or farm or fishing or crafting...

There will never be a non-combat skill that profits as much as GWD. Remember, part of the reason why it is so profitable is because it is also dangerous. When was the last time you died while fishing?

Living rock caverns are dangerous, yet I've heard the rocktails are decent profit.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Ummm....profitable SKILLING update pl0x?

Quite honestly, unless the boss turns out to be as easy as barrows I have nothing to look forward to this month. Jagex needs to acknowledge the existence of skillers and make a high level skilling update wth profits comparable to god wars. I mean, is 99 str/def/att really harder than 99 wc or farm or fishing or crafting...

There will never be a non-combat skill that profits as much as GWD. Remember, part of the reason why it is so profitable is because it is also dangerous. When was the last time you died while fishing?

Living rock caverns are dangerous, yet I've heard the rocktails are decent profit.

They're not, and they aren't.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Is anyone else wondering about the Zarosian minions we will have to kill? Or the killcount we will need to get into the room? Or his Lieutenants? Crazy :ohnoes:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!