Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How will the players that joined RS after 2008 react to the return of wildy/free trade?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:mtomali

It'll be interesting to see if Jagex change it if loads of people complain.

Except they didn't change it the first time because people were complaining, they changed it because the banks were fining them over the constant reversal of charges stemming from real world traders using stolen credit cards to pay for membership.

I'm hoping that Barrows equipment goes down in price again. Most of the armors more than doubled in the past two years.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
I'd say they would either beg for money, scam, be good little boys/girls and be happy or rwt.

By the way, I don't get it.
Why did rwt sites use stolen credit cards for their bots.
I mean, wouldn't they make enough money to just pay membership by themself?

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Wessan
[ Display Name History ]

Wessan

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • RSN:Wessan
If some one told you that you could make money and pay for the production cost yourself, that would be a good option.

If someone told you that you could make the same money + the production cost by having someone else pay for it, that would be a better option, in the eyes of a thief who is already breaking the rules.

wessan.png

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE
I joined RS in the September of 08... Basically I don't care. I voted no because all I've known is this "new wildy" and it works perfectly fine for me. When they bring back old I'll just stay out the way and I'll keep using whatever grandexchange is there.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Andy
[ Display Name History ]

Andy

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,953 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Free dragon armour trimming~Meet upstairs of varrock west bank.

Look: I even have a trimming kit! Trade and i'll trim your dragon legs.
Posted Image

Gravy
[ Display Name History ]

Gravy

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • RSN:Gravy
  • RSN2:Exorain
Brb, trading a pot for a crystal key for a d. scim for a whip for a verac helm for 3a plate etc.

Those threads were so funny on the rsof back in the day.

Follow me on Twitter!
FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.
Posted Image

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

A0z9
[ Display Name History ]

A0z9

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:La Vallett1
  • RSN2:La Vallett3
  • Clan:The Scrying Pool
Sorry to butt in, but, can you please remind me what was this trust game? I was a noob back then.
La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

Frede173
[ Display Name History ]

Frede173

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RSN:Frede173
They will probably like it because all the famous pkers on Youtube say they miss the old wild.
Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

I joined RS in the September of 08... Basically I don't care. I voted no because all I've known is this "new wildy" and it works perfectly fine for me. When they bring back old I'll just stay out the way and I'll keep using whatever grandexchange is there.

I just want to give you a big ol' hug.

Sorry to butt in, but, can you please remind me what was this trust game? I was a noob back then.

Trust game is where you give someone something and they give you something more expensive in return. It rises until you give the person something they want, and they book it.

Ex:
You give lobster
They give steel armor
You give mithril platebody
They give a bunch of runes.
You give rune platebody
They leave.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Indizle
[ Display Name History ]

Indizle

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 378 posts
A lot of classic scams are gonna be back. Thankfully, with the big exclamation points and the wealth transfer information on the bottom of the trade window, there are a significant number of deterrents now. But some items were definitely tricky and easy to scam with. Noted mithril/rune items, and Guthan's spear/leaf bladed spear come to mind.

Just a few scams I remember that may still work:
-A two person scam where one person is selling an item for more than its value, and another one is buying it for even higher. Player buys it from the seller, both of the scammers log off.
-Set up a legitmate trade, "accidentally" cancel, and retrade with a lower value item. People used to try this with me with trimmed armour. Ex.: At one point addy(g) bodies were 300k. I'd put up the coins, and they'd put up the platebody. I'd hit accept, and they'd "accidentally" hit cancel, and retrade. I put up the 300k again, and they put up a regular adamant platebody and hit accept. Thankfully I learned to always check the screen carefully, but I be this one got a number of people.
-Noted mithril items exchanged for noted rune items. A good number of noted items, like mithril/rune picks, mithril/rune hatchets, and to a lesser extent armor, look similar.
-Trust games (for the really new players)
-Drop trades (same as above)

Also, the wilderness is gonna be a much more dangerous place (obvious). Slayer tasks like Green dragons and distractions like treasure trails are gonna become much more difficult.

On the plus side, it will be easier to give gifts to friends, share expensive pots with teammates, and of course there were some really epic drop parties!

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
I think once free trade is enabled again it will take a couple days for prices to settle correctly as I'm sure some people are going to try and manipulate some prices but everything will find it's appropriate value fairly shortly. There will probably be some people trying to scam but I highly doubt many will, I think most people are over hyping all the scamming that could happen, because it your an aware player your not going to get scammed. My only advise is to research the prices of items before you buy to make sure your not over paying, do your research until things settle.

The Wilderness, will be the wilderness, I don't know really to explain the difference since I've stopped playing before the wilderness is what it is now but it was never that dangerous, only on PKing worlds did you ever have to really worry about pkers.

I keep seeing people posting about jagex bring back staking, are they bring back the old style of staking from classic? Where you could stake anyone anywhere?
Posted Image

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Some will rage quit. Some will think it's stupid. Some might like it. I know one guy who thinks hackers will hack more people for some crazy reason. I really don't care what they think though. If they rage quit good for them.

Wow, you mean he thinks giving hackers a much larger financial incentive to hack might increase instances of hacking? Lol, what a moron.

But yeah, any players worth keeping are going to adjust and move on. A lot of idiots will probably do a poor job adjusting ("selling green mask!" "I buy 125m meet me edge bridge" "omg a pile of coins on the ground in the wildy! *hops over*), and that is okay. We need some sort of foil for idiots to stop the game from being so damn full of them.

That's exactly what he thinks actually. We've been trying to convince him that that is the stupidest thing we've ever heard. But he has made up his mind that he is right.

I'm pretty sure you fell into the sar-chasm.

This is exactly what will happen. Hackers/password scammers will become slightly more common BECAUSE there is an actual financial incentive to steal people's accounts now, instead of doing it just for "lulz."
Posted Image

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

No. This is the one reason behind their rigged poll: so that when the [cabbage] hits the fan and there are inevitable riots, Jagex can kick back and say "hey, you guys said you wanted this with 1m votes." The other reason was to get people who had retired friends to spread the word and get them to give a second look at returning to RS.
Posted Image

bored321
[ Display Name History ]

bored321

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • RSN:Tera
TBH, since the second trade window & wildy ditch/wall. If they get scammed then they really should go jump of a ... hmm nvm they might actually do it. :unsure:

Also since display names, and the recent email usernames update that takes guess / bruteforce out of the question a little more than it used to. And anyone who gets keylogged deserves to lose their account imo.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Hobgoblinpie
[ Display Name History ]

Hobgoblinpie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,824 posts
  • RSN:Mansion

Who cares? I don't. I hope they quit, stupid 08 prods.

Oh damn.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior

And anyone who gets keylogged deserves to lose their account imo.

What horrific line of thought brought to arrive at this conclusion? :unsure:

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

And anyone who gets keylogged deserves to lose their account imo.

What horrific line of thought brought to arrive at this conclusion? :unsure:

Most of not all keyloggers are installed after you try a bot or from sites you shouldn't be going into anyways.

lordkafei
[ Display Name History ]

lordkafei

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kafei Nation

No. This is the one reason behind their rigged poll: so that when the [cabbage] hits the fan and there are inevitable riots, Jagex can kick back and say "hey, you guys said you wanted this with 1m votes." The other reason was to get people who had retired friends to spread the word and get them to give a second look at returning to RS.

I’d be surprised if there are any “riots” due to the side effects of a FT/W rollback.

I also don't expect there will be any "riots" by the No voters. I'm content to let my monthly membership stipend speak for me. If I don't find the game entertaining or I don't care for the direction it is headed, I can walk away.

"Rioting" is for bratz.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Teamed
[ Display Name History ]

Teamed

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • RSN:Teamed
I honestly don't care less 'bout em.

Dark_Yeng
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Yeng

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dark Yeng
  • Clan:Retired

I honestly don't care less 'bout em.

Lol, same.

Some will love it, some will hate it. Get use to it and suck it up!
Posted Image
2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).
2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users