Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How will the players that joined RS after 2008 react to the return of wildy/free trade?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior

And anyone who gets keylogged deserves to lose their account imo.

What horrific line of thought brought to arrive at this conclusion? :unsure:

Most of not all keyloggers are installed after you try a bot or from sites you shouldn't be going into anyways.

So: Person A is botting, person B is keylogging, so that's OK. Red herring argument, but a half-decent one and not one I was expecting.

I was presuming it was the classic, 'If you're stupid, you deserve to be targetted by criminals and you should cry more when that happens' argument.

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1

Some will rage quit. Some will think it's stupid. Some might like it. I know one guy who thinks hackers will hack more people for some crazy reason. I really don't care what they think though. If they rage quit good for them.

Wow, you mean he thinks giving hackers a much larger financial incentive to hack might increase instances of hacking? Lol, what a moron.

But yeah, any players worth keeping are going to adjust and move on. A lot of idiots will probably do a poor job adjusting ("selling green mask!" "I buy 125m meet me edge bridge" "omg a pile of coins on the ground in the wildy! *hops over*), and that is okay. We need some sort of foil for idiots to stop the game from being so damn full of them.

That's exactly what he thinks actually. We've been trying to convince him that that is the stupidest thing we've ever heard. But he has made up his mind that he is right.

I'm pretty sure you fell into the sar-chasm.

This is exactly what will happen. Hackers/password scammers will become slightly more common BECAUSE there is an actual financial incentive to steal people's accounts now, instead of doing it just for "lulz."

Ya I'll admit I kind of did lol. But his reasoning is it will make it easier. I do agree that more will try.

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
They will feel like we did when they first removed trade.
It will be a great change but their experience will be positive.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Magbill
[ Display Name History ]

Magbill

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:I fart V2
I guess the ones lacking in a bit of common sense will get scammed, but with the exclamations marks and all those things most should take it pretty well.

manitstinks
[ Display Name History ]

manitstinks

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,413 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:manitstinks
white:wave:Selling 4 d baxes!!!!!!! - manitstinks :boohoo:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

The_Bug
[ Display Name History ]

The_Bug

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • RSN:The Bug
  • Clan:Exceptionally Skilled
To them it's just like any other new update, I don't see too many things happening unless you're not to bright.

Posted Image

Normalize
[ Display Name History ]

Normalize

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • RSN:NormaIize
Does it matter how they react? Does anyone even care about stupid 08 prods in the first place? Why? I hope they all quit or enjoy a painful experience in the wildy in the new golden age of RS.
Posted Image

bored321
[ Display Name History ]

bored321

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • RSN:Tera

And anyone who gets keylogged deserves to lose their account imo.

What horrific line of thought brought to arrive at this conclusion? :unsure:

Most of not all keyloggers are installed after you try a bot or from sites you shouldn't be going into anyways.

So: Person A is botting, person B is keylogging, so that's OK. Red herring argument, but a half-decent one and not one I was expecting.

I was presuming it was the classic, 'If you're stupid, you deserve to be targetted by criminals and you should cry more when that happens' argument.

Pretty much what I meant, just a google search for 'runescape cheats' would probably bring up enough links keylogged programs. Unless you are extremely unlucky and targeted by another means, the majority of keyloggers are from users downloading shady content and not scanning it. If people are stupid enough to do that then they should learn a lesson from it, if it means loosing their account/items then so be it.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Evil_Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Evil_Sabre

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,534 posts
  • Location:A city built on rock and roll is not structurally sound.
  • RSN:Evil Sabre

Does it matter how they react? Does anyone even care about stupid 08 prods in the first place? Why? I hope they all quit or enjoy a painful experience in the wildy in the new golden age of RS.

God, you are so cool.
Posted Image

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Dude, you still play Runescape.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
But that's what I'm saying doesn't make sense.

You're saying that Person A doing immoral action 1 is offset by Person B doing immoral action 2, therefore both actions are relatively moral. Yet if Person A bots and Person B keylogs without them ever interacting with each other, both their actions are immoral again.

Keylogging is presented as both moral and immoral; this is clearly nonsense.

The conclusion is that A and B are not relatable, therefore him botting has no impact on his right to not be keylogged. Hence, someone pickpocketing me in a park doesn't address me shooting them dead in return. PPing is Crime 1, murder is Crime 2, but Crime 1 =/= Crime 2.

bored321
[ Display Name History ]

bored321

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • RSN:Tera

But that's what I'm saying doesn't make sense.

You're saying that Person A doing immoral action 1 is offset by Person B doing immoral action 2, therefore both actions are relatively moral. Yet if Person A bots and Person B keylogs without them ever interacting with each other, both their actions are immoral again.

Keylogging is presented as both moral and immoral; this is clearly nonsense.

The conclusion is that A and B are not relatable, therefore him botting has no impact on his right to not be keylogged. Hence, someone pickpocketing me in a park doesn't address me shooting them dead in return. PPing is Crime 1, murder is Crime 2, but Crime 1 =/= Crime 2.

No you've completely got the wrong end of the stick, it has nothing specifically to do with botters or the culprits. Just how the user gets the keyloggers in the first place, by downloading something dodgy they should have scanned or not downloaded at all. If they got targeted another way then that's different. But when I used to read the rants, they were almost always due to lack of security and basic common sense specially when they didn't have a bank pin and set recovery questions.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Normalize
[ Display Name History ]

Normalize

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • RSN:NormaIize

God, you are so cool.

Yeah, I know dont need to tell me
Posted Image

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts

They will feel like we did when they first removed trade.
It will be a great change but their experience will be positive.

..removal of ft -> positive experience? What are you on? :thumbdown:

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
What I meant was fiddeling with the free trade back before 08, making it disappear was a negative experience for us that had been used to no restrictions.
Fiddeling with free trade now, bringing it back will be a positive experience for them, letting them do something they weren't able to do when they first joined.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
TRIMMING ALL ARMOUR FOR FREE!

I doubt anyone who joined post-GE knows what's in store for them.

For those of us who played RSC or pre-GE, I think it'll be initially unnerving, but at least we know what to expect once all the dust settles.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

xxshady
[ Display Name History ]

xxshady

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • RSN:xxshady

I love Runescape kids. I'm glad I don't have to go to RSOF anymore to laugh at them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

I love Runescape kids. I'm glad I don't have to go to RSOF anymore to laugh at them.

:thumbup:
Posted Image

Th e Doctor
[ Display Name History ]

Th e Doctor

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,081 posts

:thumbup:

+1

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Jimmyw3000
[ Display Name History ]

Jimmyw3000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,845 posts
wont they all have low as hell summoning? or was free trade taken away after summoning..i forget.

also this means more ppl to go dg with,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users