How will the players that joined RS after 2008 react to the return of wildy/free trade?

ilovesilvia

They are probably going to get their armors trimmed for free. :thumbup:

i lol'd

it'll probably be close to the reverse of dec 11 07. brilliant analysis no?

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is actually a lot of us old fogeys just [bleep]ing about how easy the game was for you. We didn't have the GE, and you didn't have the feeling that all of your freedom was taken away. Just think, back when we did quests, we had to go out and make our own dyes and get all of the supplies and crap.... BY HAND! That is why we rage and hate 08 prods.

How would you feel if they took away all chat features or even trading with other players? That is what we felt when we lost free trade.

/rage

Then why are you not raging at every update?! Back in 2007 you didn't have loads of cool, useful stuff that we have now. You had to train Woodcutting without Ivy, Mining without LRC.. ect. It's not OUR fault that we didn't discover this game until 08 and it's unfair to suggest that we're in some way inferior to you lot just because we didn't go through the same traumatic and haunting experience of losing the Wildy/Trade. If it boils down to the old argument that 'waaaah it's degrading my achievemeeeeents' then you need to learn that other people don't degrade your achievements. It doesn't matter how anyone else does it, as long as you did it you can feel proud that you did do all those quests when it was hard.

But I bet if they were to take the GE away with this update you'd cry just as hard as anyone else.

You should be directing that at the ones who say bringing back free trade will cause havoc because scammers and RWT will be everywhere. Not the ones who say if someone is dumb enough to get scammed, then they need to learn from it and move on.

Well the whole issue with RWT is up in the air since we don't really have guarantees or proof in place that Jagex can deal with a probable upshot in RWT. I don't, for a second, think there isn't a lot of bots out there - regardless or not of the state of the Wilderness. However we know how sketchy Jagex are about bots and it's obvious people are going to get scared because of the stories we've all heard about what 07 botting & RWT was like.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Haven't people heard "stories" of old RS enough to have just an idea of what it was like and be prepared for it? Sure there will be scammers and such but I think if you give it 2 weeks and everything will be back to "normal"

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

One thing that I will miss is teleport/one-item penalties. In the old wildy, there was no penalty at all for one-iteming or teleporting. So I predict we'll see a bunch of new one-itemers with claws/AGS, as well as everybody being a teletubby without a second thought about it. People still teleported frequently in BH Worlds, but they were penalized for it. With old PKing being brought back and you getting whatever your opponent drops, there will be no penalty for teleporting at the first sign that you're losing a fight.

And before someone says "dats wut TB iz fer", I'd like to see someone successfully solo hybrid with normal spells.

td2sig.jpg

Does it matter how they react? Does anyone even care about stupid 08 prods in the first place? Why? I hope they all quit or enjoy a painful experience in the wildy in the new golden age of RS.

I love Runescape kids. I'm glad I don't have to go to RSOF anymore to laugh at them.

:thumbup:

+1

+2

More importantly how will people coming back after quiting in 07 react to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roV-wb2qOz0

That is the sexiest thing I have ever seen on Runescape.

I want a summon pure now o_o

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Worstcupdate ever = so far

Because of items not leaving the game the prices will drop a lot. It sucks.

No, this is the worst cupdate ever:

stickydatecupcakewithcaramelsyrup2.jpg

I mean, seriously, caramel? Blech.

I agree. Much worse then the other one anyhow.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you don't like muffinz... you're a noob.

I like cookies but not cupcakes

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

Does it matter how they react? Does anyone even care about stupid 08 prods in the first place? Why? I hope they all quit or enjoy a painful experience in the wildy in the new golden age of RS.

I realy hope you are trolling, as someone who started playing towards the start of 2008 I am deeply offended that you think we are stupid.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

I realy hope you are trolling, as someone who started playing towards the start of 2008 I am deeply offended that you think we are stupid.

Because he's right.

287b5w.jpg

Because he's right.

Clearly he's not. Get a clue. :rolleyes:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Because he's right.

No one is 'stupid' for signing up on an online game at a certain date. Srsly. They may be ignorant of the game but if you are going to go as far as to say you are stupid and the only factor is when you signed up for a game...logic fails us again...

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

OH NO! Hunting bosses won't make as much money as before? :boohoo:

Just because you don't personally enjoy monster hunting as a lucrative activity doesn't mean you should slam other people who do.

I could see a lot of people quitting if all their favorite monsters to hunt became worthless. Like in everything, a balance needs to be found.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

OH NO! Hunting bosses won't make as much money as before? :boohoo:

Just because you don't personally enjoy monster hunting as a lucrative activity doesn't mean you should slam other people who do.

I could see a lot of people quitting if all their favorite monsters to hunt became worthless. Like in everything, a balance needs to be found.

Where's the combat-skilling balance?

I see none.