What can't you wait to do in the new Golden Age of Runescape?

Normalize

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always pk, so not quite sure why you included that in your list.

"Luring noobs" "pjing ppl" is a lot of the reason I rather dislike the wilderness. I'll most likely stay out of it for the most part unless I need to travel there for some reason or another. And to be quite honest, I don't see the wildy coming back and free trade equaling a new golden age. Some people will like it, some won't. People will still complain. New Golden Age I think not.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

You could always pk, so not quite sure why you included that in your list.

It's not the same.

I can't wait to give and get gifts, pk, stake, buy things without restriction

You know, I'm going to go with you on that it's not the same, however you could still kill other players, the only difference was you didn't get what they had on them (you could potentially get a lot more), and you couldn't kill players who'd rather not pvp. Player Killing is still player killing.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

You know, I'm going to go with you on that it's not the same, however you could still kill other players, the only difference was you didn't get what they had on them (you could potentially get a lot more), and you couldn't kill players who'd rather not pvp. Player Killing is still player killing.

the only difference was you didn't get what they had on them

Not being a pker myself, is getting what they have on them REALLY that important? With the current system, you don't get what's on them, but now you can kill someone with welfare gear and make high proits, whereas in the old system...you got welfare gear... If it is that big of a deal, then the reason should be "can't wait to get what they're carrying when I kill them" verses just saying PK, as you can PK now, that's all I'm saying. I will say this again to put emphasis on it, I'm not a pker, so this is the opinion of someone on the outside.

I'm going to convince my friend to donate to the charity of me for 99 prayer. Then probably go eat an apple pie, in real life of course. That will be the extent of how much I care about this. Which turns out to be really none at all.

Not being a pker myself, is getting what they have on them REALLY that important? With the current system, you don't get what's on them, but now you can kill someone with welfare gear and make high proits, whereas in the old system...you got welfare gear... If it is that big of a deal, then the reason should be "can't wait to get what they're carrying when I kill them" verses just saying PK, as you can PK now, that's all I'm saying. I will say this again to put emphasis on it, I'm not a pker, so this is the opinion of someone on the outside.

Yes, but realise alot of people do high risk bridding. That, in the past was 20m loot, but now it's more like the loot you get from welfaring.

Staurolite.png

Yes, but realise alot of people do high risk bridding. That, in the past was 20m loot, but now it's more like the loot you get from welfaring.

Point very well taken. Just in my opinion, I'd rather have that old system of you get what they have, but only in certain worlds like it is now. Just because I know myself and many others would rather just go about our playing without pvp. If I want to pvp, I'll go to that world. Again, so I don't rub some the wrong way, this is just my opinion here.

I'll be glad for free trade, but not PK'ing. When it went away way back when so did a lot of trash. OP is a good example.

Mark my words: this will be a tarnished age, only golden for grievers. ... Maybe bronze for everyone else.

EDIT: mostly agree with Vulxai above...

2dgucz6.png

Absolutely agreed that there should still be pvp-free worlds. There's no benefit for PKers or skillers to be able to attack each other- what, you want to kill an agility trainer for a load of cake? A clue scroller for a few monkfish and a spade? An air orb enchanter for 100 cosmics and a load of glass balls? Come on now, the only reason to have wild on every world is so 13 year olds can act tough by killing unarmed opponents just for their own satisfaction. Stupid.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Absolutely agreed that there should still be pvp-free worlds. There's no benefit for PKers or skillers to be able to attack each other- what, you want to kill an agility trainer for a load of cake? A clue scroller for a few monkfish and a spade? An air orb enchanter for 100 cosmics and a load of glass balls? Come on now, the only reason to have wild on every world is so 13 year olds can act tough by killing unarmed opponents just for their own satisfaction. Stupid.

THANK YOU, that's exactly it. All of the above = griefing.

I've heard "post-trade restriction product" thrown around here. And then I also hear people telling others they shouldn't criticize someone else's idea of fun, and I'd agree with that, unless their idea of fun is to ruin the game for others. By wanting JaGEx to put PvP on every world when the update can easily be applied to only some (and ostracizing those who would like it limited) those people are being hypocritical...

2dgucz6.png

I'll be glad for free trade, but not PK'ing. When it went away way back when so did a lot of trash. OP is a good example.

Mark my words: this will be a tarnished age, only golden for grievers. ... Maybe bronze for everyone else.

EDIT: mostly agree with Vulxai above...

This. Every time I see a topic with a title similar to the above, I cringe, I just know it's going to be a douchy PKer.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Not having to wait for ep, not having to wait for targets, being able to pk other people who come to kill green dragons, no 76kers etc. It is very different

Couple good points. The green dragon thing is a reason I don't want the old wildy to come back. Praying on players who aren't geared to fight other players, who don't want to fight other players, shouldn't have to fight other players. Green dragons being in the wild doesn't mean they want to fight other players, it means they want to make some money without going into the CT.

This this this this and this some more. You can have your worlds with pking, just leave some for those of us who don't want it.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

For the love of God I want them to remove this crippling dmg ratio that determines who gets the kill. I'M BEING PENALIZED FOR BEING TOO PRO AND KILLING PEOPLE TOO FAST.

Seriously, just this morning I killed 4 people trying to rush me and someone else got the kill just because they didnt stand a chance and died within 30 seconds. 4 kills even with 0ep and a low DP is still on average like 2m+ in loot I missed out on today.

There are many things I enjoy about the new wilderness, but honestly that [cabbage] is whack so it's a gtfo for me. Free trade and wilderness please.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Point very well taken. Just in my opinion, I'd rather have that old system of you get what they have, but only in certain worlds like it is now. Just because I know myself and many others would rather just go about our playing without pvp. If I want to pvp, I'll go to that world. Again, so I don't rub some the wrong way, this is just my opinion here.

Or, well you could stay south of the wall/ditch thing. It's like skillers think they own the wild or something...

That is just my opinion.

Staurolite.png

Or, well you could stay south of the wall/ditch thing. It's like skillers think they own the wild or something...

That is just my opinion.

Green drags, chaos tunnels, wildy agility course, mage arena, clue scrolls (granted they said this could change), quests. They involve going into the wildy. No one said skillers own the wildy, but it's much better to leave pvp worlds so we don't have to deal with pkers, and pkers can kill each other instead of reverting to cowardice attacks on the ill prepared and pjing those who don't want to pvp. And that is my opinion.

But realise alot of those were there before, and they have said relocating content that was added after, such as quests and minigames.

Plus, it's like a 5 second run from edge to the chaos tunnels. And you'll be geared, so it should be pretty easy to survive a few barrages.

Just my thoughts.

Staurolite.png

Well, honor disappeared long before the old wilderness did so I would rather not have the old wilderness back again. I have to repeat some points that have been said already, so called pkers attacking unprepared players and posting about it later like it was a dm or something. I remember the days running around the wildy with my clan and we never attacked abyss runners, agility trainers, clue scroll hunters or anyone not prepared for a fight. We actually took the time and looked for good targets carrying brid gear or the sorts so that the kill was actually worth my time, honestly if they aren't geared you only get 20-30k gp max on most skiller kills. I understood killing them in pvp/bh because you potentially could get millions from a person carrying 100k, they knew they were in a dangerous world anyways. We all know it was the same way since late 2004-ish though, ever since honor fell off the face of RS. I would be thrilled if Jagex left pking to certain worlds only, makes it easier to catch RWT too.

I, on the other hand, am all for free trade <3

2ntz0y9.png