What can't you wait to do in the new Golden Age of Runescape?

Normalize

But realise alot of those were there before, and they have said relocating content that was added after, such as quests and minigames.

Plus, it's like a 5 second run from edge to the chaos tunnels. And you'll be geared, so it should be pretty easy to survive a few barrages.

Just my thoughts.

Try a few barrages from a Mage boosted with arcane stream and possibly extreme magic potions. Add that with a Korasi sword special and you are completely [bleep]ed in the ass.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But realise alot of those were there before, and they have said relocating content that was added after, such as quests and minigames.

Plus, it's like a 5 second run from edge to the chaos tunnels. And you'll be geared, so it should be pretty easy to survive a few barrages.

Just my thoughts.

I do realize this, and my point stays the same. Most people go to the CT in melee gear, melee gear + barrages doesn't equal very well. Granted they'd have to be close to my level. The point is still that the old wildy was filled by almost nothing but the cowardice types of attacks (yes, there are some exceptions like the above poster, and I'm not accusing you of doing it, but you cannot deny the fact that most wildy pkers are). Leave the pvp worlds, change it to you get what they have, bring back free trade, it'll all be fine.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Just my thoughts.

Yes, let's use "it was that way in the past" as the only thing that can make something good or bad. Excellent argument.

I guess we need to remove the GE, new graphics options, make-X in everything, GWD, and a hell of a lot of other updates. After all, that's how it was before, so it must be better, right?

Putting PKers somewhere where they can only fight other PKers was the best thing to come out of the anti-RWT revolution. We don't need to downgrade the game because some kids who can't kill people who are ready to fight want weaker targets to pick on.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

wow, the brave pkers can finally fight against awesome ennemies like..

-Abyss Rcers

-TT people

-GREEN DRAGON FIGHTERS

And, most incredible of all:

-A pker once in a while!

Separating pkers from other people was nice. pking sucked, and it did so pretty badly.

WarBlastoise.png

Not having to wait for ep, not having to wait for targets, being able to pk other people who come to kill green dragons, no 76kers etc. It is very different

Couple good points. The green dragon thing is a reason I don't want the old wildy to come back. Praying on players who aren't geared to fight other players, who don't want to fight other players, shouldn't have to fight other players. Green dragons being in the wild doesn't mean they want to fight other players, it means they want to make some money without going into the CT.

And I'm in the wild slaying green dragons because I want fast cash, not have to wait for someone lower leveled to kill the dragons I want to kill. The wild is SUPPOSED to be dangerous, if you want the riches that await in the wilderness, be prepared to fight for them. If not, stay out. Simple.

Green drags, chaos tunnels, wildy agility course, mage arena, clue scrolls (granted they said this could change), quests. They involve going into the wildy. No one said skillers own the wildy, but it's much better to leave pvp worlds so we don't have to deal with pkers, and pkers can kill each other instead of reverting to cowardice attacks on the ill prepared and pjing those who don't want to pvp. And that is my opinion.

All are in the wild because they have such great benefits. If you want access to them, you have to take some risk. If you're too scared, stay away

Also, as someone who did TONS of green dragons slaying, abyss rcing, and treasure trails in the wilderness with 3 items, anyone who dies is either not paying enough attention or isn't too bright

yes.png

Nothing; you can't have a second golden age.

As for what I'm going to do when old wildy and free trade is implemented is stay the hell away from the wildy and continue slaying like before.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Just my thoughts.

Yes, let's use "it was that way in the past" as the only thing that can make something good or bad. Excellent argument.

I guess we need to remove the GE, new graphics options, make-X in everything, GWD, and a hell of a lot of other updates. After all, that's how it was before, so it must be better, right?

Putting PKers somewhere where they can only fight other PKers was the best thing to come out of the anti-RWT revolution. We don't need to downgrade the game because some kids who can't kill people who are ready to fight want weaker targets to pick on.

Why exactly is it a downgrade? Please don't say because it makes things for skillers more difficult. Its supposed to be dangerous, that's why the Wild even exists. What's the whole point of adding Revs? Just because these Revs are pretty much harmless doesn't mean Jagex intended it to be this safe haven for skillers. I know doing things in the Wild are a lot more safer and easier than before but does that really make it better? I actually think its pretty flawed as it is now.

Besides they said they will relocate some of the content in the Wildy so it won't really bother skillers much...

Besides they said they will relocate some of the content in the Wildy so it won't really bother skillers much...

The funny part is .. without anything useful for the skillers in the wildy, they wont go in there and the pkers wont have anyone to prey on (again we are excluding the honor pkers .. they are a different type of people =/)

The funny part is .. without anything useful for the skillers in the wildy, they wont go in there and the pkers wont have anyone to prey on (again we are excluding the honor pkers .. they are a different type of people =/)

There will still be things like Clues and Wildy Agility course and probably a couple of other things.

To be honest, since they were there beforehand.

There will still be things like Clues and Wildy Agility course and probably a couple of other things.

To be honest, since they were there beforehand.

Is the wildy agility course really worth it* ? And they said they MIGHT relocate the clues as well (tho .. it's highly doubtful and I might be wrong about it ... my memory isn't the best)

*Except for an occasional brawling gloves ...

I'm not sure the golden age of runescape is what you will call it. I've played the game since around 2002 and have stayed pretty quiet normally... but the GE and removal of the wilderness was one of the best things that has ever happened to runescape. Yes, you heard lots of complaining, but the complaining came from the loudest, most arrogant people. These are the people who caused 90% of the problems in runescape with scamming/hacking/luring/ect. Since the changes a few years back, runescape has become a lot more pleasant game to play, although many of us had to adapt quite a bit. Lets just say, if this "golden age" of runescape comes, prepare for the forums on tip.it and rsof as well as all of ingame chat to be flooded with the following:

1 People being scammed relentlessly. Now that there is a way to trade unlimited amounts of cash, drop trading ect will exist.... and thus a reason to scam will exist.

2 We will see more keyloggers and password scams emerge, as getting their password now potentially leads to millions and millions of gp. I for one have put my pin in place as there is now an increased risk.

3 Luring. Lots of it. And with luring. Complaining, even more. Sure for one side they just got a free 200k. But for the other side, who lost their stuff, they lost almost their entire bank.

4 Free trade and merchants attempting to buyout the GE with an attempt to sell it for outrageous prices beside the GE. "The GE doesn't have it... but we do! Buy from us!"

5. Begging. No trade limit = there is a reason to beg. I have been getting fed up recently with effigies as people stand in banks saying "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" over and over. Well, now it will be, "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" over and over and over in banks.... nonstop.... as before.

I must say though, one thing I am a bit excited for is PKers buying all my fish again at higher prices, haha. Just need to get herblore and prayer leveled up before people mass level in the coming months.... I expect huge price spikes among many many items....

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

Just my thoughts.

Why exactly is it a downgrade? Please don't say because it makes things for skillers more difficult. Its supposed to be dangerous, that's why the Wild even exists. What's the whole point of adding Revs? Just because these Revs are pretty much harmless doesn't mean Jagex intended it to be this safe haven for skillers. I know doing things in the Wild are a lot more safer and easier than before but does that really make it better? I actually think its pretty flawed as it is now.

It's a downgrade because it's not good for anyone.

PKers- real, legitimate PKers who kill people who are ready for a fight- benefit from only having a few PvP worlds because it's easier to find targets. Non-PKers can go about their business without worrying about somebody killing them just to be annoying.

With free trade back, killing a skiller will be utterly pointless once again, because you get what they lose. You'll get at best a glory, and usually just a few pieces of food. Only immature trolls enjoy wasting specs just to annoy someone. That is literally the only demographic that benefits from mixing PKers and people just trying to get [cabbage] done.

And please don't tell me that I'm just scared- I am not in the demographic that has to worry about PKers anymore. I just feel bad for lower levels who are just going to try to train agility or do a level 3 clue and end up getting claw specced by a bored noob. It doesn't add "danger" unless you're a total idiot, it just means that a stupid kid can waste your time at their own whim. Fun.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

^perhaps a cc could be formed to link up people begging with those idiotic enough to give them money.

Yeah I imagine it.

- Fr33 st0ff pl0x !!!1!!

- I'm at green dragons, wildy, come and I'll give you.

Modern luring - make them come to you :thumbsup:

Not having to wait for ep, not having to wait for targets, being able to pk other people who come to kill green dragons, no 76kers etc. It is very different

Couple good points. The green dragon thing is a reason I don't want the old wildy to come back. Praying on players who aren't geared to fight other players, who don't want to fight other players, shouldn't have to fight other players. Green dragons being in the wild doesn't mean they want to fight other players, it means they want to make some money without going into the CT.

You dont think that this will be something Jagex moves from the wilderness to another location? With the popularity of green dragons, it is very plausible to think they may move them out of the wilderness following the update.

Mainly I support the free trade, unfortunately free pking must go along with it so I can accept it. If I get killed in the wild while trying to do clue scroll or something, I will be pissed, but I will get over it.

wessan.png

This "golden age" bs is a load of rubbish. In 06 people said that the golden age was in 03/04 etc.

Things I cant wait for:

Seeing people get lured unto the wildy

Reading threads on the forums from people who got scammed from trimming armour etc

Getting claw specced at the ardy/edge lever in wilderness as soon as I arrive.

Getting pked for a spade while doing clue scroll

Getting griefed at when I run/eat/pray/tele away from a pker

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just my thoughts.

Pretty much agree with everything said here. On another note, people seem to be readily ignoring the fact that the risk vs reward of the old wildy being re-introduced would be so heavily one sided that it's absurd.

Why is anyone going to bother trying to get a god staff or cape in the deepest reaches of the wilderness if the staff is trash in comparison to the majority of today's equipment. Considering a person can be dropped by a barrage and one KS spec, the wildy needs to have a far better reward factor if Jagex so adamantly insists on putting it back into every world.

Sylpheed.png

Personally, when Runescape comes back and Ruinescape is no more I can't wait to start staking mils again, luring noobs, pjing ppl, and of course pking. You? :shades:

I'll be looking forward to seeing your tear filled rant on the rants forum about how Jagex unfairly banned you.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png