What can't you wait to do in the new Golden Age of Runescape?

Normalize

Yes, you heard lots of complaining, but the complaining came from the loudest, most arrogant people. These are the people who caused 90% of the problems in runescape with scamming/hacking/luring/ect.

Nice generalisation bro. Care to provide proof that complainers = hackers and scammers?

1 People being scammed relentlessly. Now that there is a way to trade unlimited amounts of cash, drop trading ect will exist.... and thus a reason to scam will exist.

Trading has changed since 2007. Now you have warnings everywhere in the trade screen, giant blinking red exclamation marks, whole lines highlighted bright red. Even if you're colorblind, you'll most definitelly notice something is amiss.

Plus, if you have enough money to warrant being scammed, you probably won't fall for a "drop trade" trick. I didn't fall for it when I was 12, and I'm sure anybody with an average IQ won't either.

2 We will see more keyloggers and password scams emerge, as getting their password now potentially leads to millions and millions of gp. I for one have put my pin in place as there is now an increased risk.

Where do you think keyloggers come from? Do they magically appear when you're playing runescape?

Protip: if you aren't looking for things you shouldn't be looking for, such as cheats or bots, and downloading suspicious programs you have nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING, to worry about. Moreso if you have a bank pin, it gives you 3 days to recover your account, and they can't steal anything.

3 Luring. Lots of it. And with luring. Complaining, even more. Sure for one side they just got a free 200k. But for the other side, who lost their stuff, they lost almost their entire bank.

Again, warnings, warnings everywhere. You can't go into the wilderness without getting an explicit warning saying that is a dangerous place, and you will lose your stuff when attacked by another player. If you go with a partyhat to the wilderness and pick up three noted mystic robes, it's your fault for risking the partyhat, you've read the warning.

But sure, I'll give you this one, some players (dumb players) might get lured. But they'll learn from it.

4 Free trade and merchants attempting to buyout the GE with an attempt to sell it for outrageous prices beside the GE. "The GE doesn't have it... but we do! Buy from us!"

That has never happened before with the free trade, even during the time the GE didn't have limits. Please don't use speculation as an argument.

5. Begging. No trade limit = there is a reason to beg. I have been getting fed up recently with effigies as people stand in banks saying "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" "anybody 97 rc please?" over and over. Well, now it will be, "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" "anybody 100k to help me I just got hacked" over and over and over in banks.... nonstop.... as before.

How is this even an argument? Right click > Ignore list. It's not very hard, and since you've played since 2002, I assume you know runescape has that feature.

You could have played since 1977, and most of your points would still be moot.

crossed_body.png

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do what I did in the old days.

When I get bored ill go out with 1 item, either a dds or cbow and find somebody or group of somebodies who think they are special and I'll just start attacking them.

Die.

Come back find them and attack again.

Die.

Come back.

Die.

Come back.

Etc.

The joy is obviously seeing the things they write to me before they log. :thumbup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

First thing I'm gonna do is to wait for new items to be released, get one of those new items as drops and then not having to wait for the set price to rise up to what people would pay for them on the street when restricted trade was there.

I hated it when I got Claws and Sol the first day -_-

Everyone, and I mean everyone, who complained about free trade going back in '07 was either arrogant or ignorant, or both. They would have it so the game would collapse and be denied to everyone just so that they would have a few more months of free PKing and free trade, until the banks made good on their ultimatums. Either that, or they didn't read the articles clearly explaining that the banks had made ultimatums to Jagex that they had to deal with the problem in a more general way, or they'd withdraw their membership service. If you complained about it in the first place and still think you're right, rethink your position. It doesn't hold water. I can't get any clearer than that.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Not having to wait for ep, not having to wait for targets, being able to pk other people who come to kill green dragons, no 76kers etc. It is very different

Couple good points. The green dragon thing is a reason I don't want the old wildy to come back. Praying on players who aren't geared to fight other players, who don't want to fight other players, shouldn't have to fight other players. Green dragons being in the wild doesn't mean they want to fight other players, it means they want to make some money without going into the CT.

You dont think that this will be something Jagex moves from the wilderness to another location? With the popularity of green dragons, it is very plausible to think they may move them out of the wilderness following the update.

Mainly I support the free trade, unfortunately free pking must go along with it so I can accept it. If I get killed in the wild while trying to do clue scroll or something, I will be pissed, but I will get over it.

Why would they move green dragons from the wild?

They were never meant to be a safe way to get money that's why they are in the wild.

When they removed pking they still had revenants. I dont see how it is much different considering revenants teleblock you and freeze you. You say that people are preying on players who arent gear to fight other people, yet your geared enough to fight revenants? I dont see the argument.

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png

Not having to wait for ep, not having to wait for targets, being able to pk other people who come to kill green dragons, no 76kers etc. It is very different

Couple good points. The green dragon thing is a reason I don't want the old wildy to come back. Praying on players who aren't geared to fight other players, who don't want to fight other players, shouldn't have to fight other players. Green dragons being in the wild doesn't mean they want to fight other players, it means they want to make some money without going into the CT.

You dont think that this will be something Jagex moves from the wilderness to another location? With the popularity of green dragons, it is very plausible to think they may move them out of the wilderness following the update.

Mainly I support the free trade, unfortunately free pking must go along with it so I can accept it. If I get killed in the wild while trying to do clue scroll or something, I will be pissed, but I will get over it.

Why would they move green dragons from the wild?

They were never meant to be a safe way to get money that's why they are in the wild.

When they removed pking they still had revenants. I dont see how it is much different considering revenants teleblock you and freeze you. You say that people are preying on players who arent gear to fight other people, yet your geared enough to fight revenants? I dont see the argument.

Highly doubt they'll move Green Dragons out of the wildy. And Rev's are absolute pushovers. They don't jump you and aren't ignorant. I could walk through the wildy complete unarmed and not be scared of revs.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Never said that they would move green dragons for sure. I said it was plausible. I don't exactly remember when green dragons were introduced to the wild, but it is possible they could have another area to kill them once the old wilderness comes back if they were part of updates to the wilderness following the creation of the GE.

I don't really believe they would once again, but there may be an alternative.

If they don't, I expect a rise in dragon bone prices

wessan.png

Never said that they would move green dragons for sure. I said it was plausible. I don't exactly remember when green dragons were introduced to the wild, but it is possible they could have another area to kill them once the old wilderness comes back if they were part of updates to the wilderness following the creation of the GE.

There are green dragons in the chaos tunnels already. And people hunted green dragons before the wilderness was removed (and bones were much cheaper, they only increased because of the new prayers...They didn't get cheaper when the wilderness was removed).

I really don't think this would be an issue.

crossed_body.png

First thing, I owe somebody a lot of money on Runescape. I'll be able to pay it back now.

Things I look forward to from the update:

Free Trade

Getting your opponent's stuff as loot

Things I do not look forward to:

Wilderness becoming a haven for PKers again. There's a lot of stuff (clue scrolls, green dragons, minigames, quests, chaos tunnels, a couple bosses, etc) that takes place there.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Green dragons were introduced in 2001, and until the introduction of the Chaos Tunnels, the wilderness was the only area to fight green dragons. They're not removing them from the wilderness, it's not even plausible.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I, personally, am looking forward to sharing stuff with my friends; and starting a clan that lets you hire "bodyguards" for activities in the wilderness. PKers beware, now every cluescroller who walks near you will have a small squadron of counter-PKers and 1-iteming people there for the specific purpose of keeping you off the cluescroller. For a moderate fee, of course... :shades:

a70c7.png

Staking :).

this. staking is the only thing that didnt really get a usable substitute. (duel tourns are always empty...) its the main reason i took up edge pking. i used to enjoy risking a few hundred k now and then.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

And Rev's are absolute pushovers. They don't jump you and aren't ignorant. I could walk through the wildy complete unarmed and not be scared of revs.

Ignorant?

Pkers are less of a threat than revs. All you need is teleport/pray. Really, how hard is it people? If you die to a pker then you shouldn't even be in the wild to start with

yes.png

And Rev's are absolute pushovers. They don't jump you and aren't ignorant. I could walk through the wildy complete unarmed and not be scared of revs.

Ignorant?

Pkers are less of a threat than revs. All you need is teleport/pray. Really, how hard is it people? If you die to a pker then you shouldn't even be in the wild to start with

Last I checked revs weren't capable of 2 hitting me through melee prayer with Korasi's sword + spec restore.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Last I checked revs weren't capable of 2 hitting me through melee prayer with Korasi's sword + spec restore.

Last I checked you couldn't distinguish revs from other mobs on the minimap.

It's not hard, you big babies: You see a white dot on the minimap, you run in the other direction.

crossed_body.png

Last I checked you couldn't distinguish revs from other mobs on the minimap.

It's not hard, you big babies: You see a white dot on the minimap, you run in the other direction.

Oh no! You told them the secret to getting away from pkers! Common sense! WHY DID YOU TELL THEM?!

yes.png

I can't wait to see people kill me while I do clues.

That is all.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.