Do we need a new toolkit?

RichardG

To be honest, I use swiftkit and find it immensely useful. People say they can find all the same on tipit, but having your stats right next to you, and SK's new feature, the very useful Party Compare, to which you input all the names in your DG party, and it shows you the person with the highest stat in each skill. Good for skill doors!

Also, people mention using multiple different software types, but why do that when you can just dl SK?

Notepad built in, all skill guides linked (albeit to Zybez, a site considerably worse than tipit), irc, calcs, even little pop-out always on top pictures of the completed treasure trial puzzles.

Swiftkit forever. Not using it, imo, is just silly.

Because there is software that does it better.

Do tell please, not in a sarcy way, just because I'd genuinely like to know what it is.

By the way, if it involves inputting code, that's a no-go

1979.png

Mymagerules.png

Dragon Riding Cult Leader?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't think we need the current ones so we certainly don't need any other new ones.

I agree with this, sure, older toolkits were better when there was a way to switch worlds without a waiting time.

I do believe Jagex will eventually modify their client and I'm sure someone will soon release a really decent modified version of the official Client seeing as they provided the source code for it.

I don't use toolkits. Tip.it for calculators and some guides, Grimy's spreadsheets for just about everything else, and I can always ask Grimy/Ancient/D Jay/Enaid in-game if I need anything.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I personally don't think we need the current ones so we certainly don't need any other new ones.

I agree with this, sure, older toolkits were better when there was a way to switch worlds without a waiting time.

I do believe Jagex will eventually modify their client and I'm sure someone will soon release a really decent modified version of the official Client seeing as they provided the source code for it.

The user interface part (jagexappletviewer.jar) is closed source. Only the Java runtime environment (OpenJDK) and the launcher exe are open source.

The user interface part (jagexappletviewer.jar) is closed source. Only the Java runtime environment (OpenJDK) and the launcher exe are open source.

If that's the case (closed source) I'm very surprised I haven't seen a decompiled version somewhere on the internet yet, maybe people just aren't bothered any more :(

If that's the case (closed source) I'm very surprised I haven't seen a decompiled version somewhere on the internet yet, maybe people just aren't bothered any more :(

uhm what you gain from decompiling the client lol?

Besides is easy as hell, anyone can do it manually with ease.

JAVA is interpreted, not compiled: so the file holds all code as it is written.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Not decompile, I mean de-obfuscate (I think), so basically you could edit the interface, etc.

Not decompile, I mean de-obfuscate (I think), so basically you could edit the interface, etc.

De-obfuscating is impossible.

It just randomizes all variable names, and makes code unreadable for the human eye.. But by this very nature it is also impossible to revert. (other than guessing manually - but once you do that it's about the same efford as to write a completely new client).

Then they came for me

I think there are LOADS of features yet to be included in Runescape toolkits/clients.

I started making one a while back, it had a lot of (what i feel were) extremely useful tools. However i got bored of Runescape and my drive to make the client died with the urge to play, it is still lurking somewhere on my PC. I may continue it one day.

Here is a screenshot of the client and a couple of the features:

28k3er7.png

The process killer would help if you were getting some lag, or if on startup you get unnecessary processes and want to quickly kill a few of them off. The video recorder worked very well, there was no lag from recording and there didn't seem to be any kind of loss in quality due to missing frames etc... All worked very well. I never got round to implementing the compiler, though. I started that around the same time i quit.

I also built in a GE update notifier, so that users would be automatically notified of a GE update in an obvious but undisturbing manner (for example, if they were PKing or boss hunting, they wouldn't be annoyed by the alert). The update notifier runs off geupdate.com, and is checked at intervals defined by the user (minimum of 30 seconds, to prevent it causing any server issues if they client were to become popular).

EDIT: Rofl, i just read the warning message on the process killer fully. It must have been the very early hours of the morning.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I think there are LOADS of features yet to be included in Runescape toolkits/clients.

I started making one a while back, it had a lot of (what i feel were) extremely useful tools. However i got bored of Runescape and my drive to make the client died with the urge to play, it is still lurking somewhere on my PC. I may continue it one day.

Here is a screenshot of the client and a couple of the features:

28k3er7.png

The process killer would help if you were getting some lag, or if on startup you get unnecessary processes and want to quickly kill a few of them off. The video recorder worked very well, there was no lag from recording and there didn't seem to be any kind of loss in quality due to missing frames etc... All worked very well. I never got round to implementing the compiler, though. I started that around the same time i quit.

I also built in a GE update notifier, so that users would be automatically notified of a GE update in an obvious but undisturbing manner (for example, if they were PKing or boss hunting, they wouldn't be annoyed by the alert). The update notifier runs off geupdate.com, and is checked at intervals defined by the user (minimum of 30 seconds, to prevent it causing any server issues if they client were to become popular).

EDIT: Rofl, i just read the warning message on the process killer fully. It must have been the very early hours of the morning.

Uhm adding a process killer is pretty useless: lag doesn't come from too many processes, it is your ineternet connection that is a problem.

Also many, many virus scanners would go off when seeing such a thing.

Then they came for me