What will make you quit RS

stonewall337

Will you ever quit RS? What would make you quit? Boredom, real life, what?

Personally, there are two things, real life (College) and the recent bull by Jagex, with all these server DC's, and lag, especially in DGing. I can stand dying in PvP because of something like an epic combo, or dying @ dks because I wasn't paying attention. But dying because of a server disconnect is just salt on a wound.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If enough of my friends that keep me playing Runescape quit that I don't see that there are enough to bother playing. Friends keep me playing, and I wouldn't stay if I didn't have people to talk to :P <3:

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

I agree, with college coming so soon it is very possible I won't be playing past this summer if things keep up like they are.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

The fact that I won't have the time for it, made me. I think this is the longest I've gone without even missing Run Escape - kind of a relief :D

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Going to boot camp when I graduate, I know guys in the military have time but I honestly think my activity will be severely cut to the point where it's just not fun to play. Plus I've got a serious girlfriend now (known for 9 years) it's unlikely that I'll continue to play but who knows.

Right now, I can't see myself quitting for at least 2 years.

But if my grades start to really slip, then I will of course cut down on my playing time. But I don't think I will fully quit for a while.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I thought you were going to quit if you lost that radio op job? That's the only time you play anyways :mrgreen:

I'll quit if I lose my p hat or if I get banned (which is quite unlikely, as that would involve rule breaking.)

lalalasig2.png

Nah, could play at college too.

I need goals to make RS fun. Without some motivation, it gets boring fast. Honestly, the aggravation factor could take away fun, and make me quit, but otherwise, I'd have to find another game before I quit.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Either real life or when it's no longer fun.

Most of my friends are on skype and whatnot, fortunately. :thumbsup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

When I get bored of it. Though I doubt I'd really quit, I tend to take long breaks when I get bored of RS.

Though losing my account will make me quit for good but that's not gonna happen.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

when it is no longer fun

This. I play for the fun of it. (Well, that and Crew, but if I stopped having fun doing it, I'd step down).

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Well, I did manage to sort of quit, at least my main account.

I got banned for something stupid, so I guess I can't blame anyone but myself for that.

Before I did get banned though, I was logging on less and less, with most of the time spent chatting in clan chats and opening bank to have a look at the flips.

I think that sort of de-motivation causes people to quit more easily than anyone who is heavily addicted. Anyone with a strong addiction won't quit for the world, even if Free Trade doesn't come back, even if they got banned or lost a bunch of rares. They would just start back up again.

If I started RS again, I think what would make me quit is if my friends quit too. Hmm..

Depends if Jagex "lets the other shoe fall" with the Free Trade/Wild update, such as selling their own gold for dirt cheap to take any profitability out of RWT companies. I'd quit in a heart-beat if Jagex started doing micropayments with RS.

I'm also close to taking a vacation from RS as it is; I find myself often logging on and asking what I should do, then logging off a few minutes later.

td2sig.jpg

Having to dungeoneer to 120

Maybe getting 104m RC xp, but not 120 DG.

Stonewall337.png

I gave up on it because people are stressful, I feel like I could be infront of them IRL dungeoneering waving my hand infront of their face and they still won't respond to me.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Nah, could play at college too.

I need goals to make RS fun. Without some motivation, it gets boring fast. Honestly, the aggravation factor could take away fun, and make me quit, but otherwise, I'd have to find another game before I quit.

I can attest that you can play runescape and still do well at college, just not as much. It also depends on how much other stuff you want to do as well, though.

Personally, though, I have found that quitting is never really an option. I may stop playing for weeks, even months at a time, due to homework or life, but I always find it easy to come back and do a slayer task or two. Maybe even a solo med dungeon, if I feel like it. I guess runescape is one of my favorite ways to relax, so I may never give it up for good. And at 5 bucks a month, it really is one of my least expensive pastimes. May be a thought on how I do gaming, but who knows.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Hacked, scammed out of all my items, banned for no reason.

Pretty much it.

I gave up on it because people are stressful, I feel like I could be infront of them IRL dungeoneering waving my hand infront of their face and they still won't respond to me.

This. I can't stress how many "jerky" people there are in Dungeoneering. It's obviously no surprise since you're always playing with

a bunch of random people who are probably going to frustrate you.