What will make you quit RS

stonewall337

I actually lost all my items way back when when I was hacked. I started completely over after losing about 5m earned in f2p. It was slightly depressing, but still fun.

Now, I'm not sure what'd I do if I lost all my items. I don't think I could start a new account, though. Losing my stats would be much worse.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I no longer get 7 dollars of enjoyment out of it per month. Considering that's less than a solo movie visit that's a pretty low bar :P .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

When I grow up. I don't ever want to grow up though...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Getting hacked, which i did yesterday .

:(

and for some reason my recovery keeps getting denied when all the details are correct!!!!

grr :(

That really sucks. I hope you can get your account back. :/

An endless single player campaign for an Assassin's Creed game. The storyline is just so much more interesting than even playing runescape lol

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

I'd say I would probably rage quit if something was released that made getting summoning at a low combat really easy.

Losing my bank wouldn't make me quit, was down to 9m after 99 herb

Getting hacked getting some random combat wouldn't make me quit, would just get 99 summ and go range tank

if free trade doesn't come back I'll likely quit after a bit as mainly just looking foward to staking now after my account is complete.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The game would have to shut down for me to quit entirely.

I will gladly keep paying my 5 measly bucks each month regardless of if I will play 100 hours that month or 5 hours. Or 1 hour. Or zero hours.

I just like having this game there when I want it. That factor is what kept me with runescape instead of all the other MMORPGs. In other games, you usually have to play around a certain schedule to be any good...need to coordinate with friends and guild.

Runescape is there whenever I want it. I can play 5 minutes or 5 hours and progress my character either way. I like that

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

When I simply won't have time for RS

or

When I no longer enjoy playing it.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

RuneScape is a grindfest, far more so than any other RPG I've ever played; as soon as it feels like goal-orientated work rather than something I do for fun is the moment I quit for a while. Sometimes you need to stand back to take perspective and come back a couple of months later refreshed and motivated.

I stopped playing when I started spending more time on playing other games and figured that I don't really enjoy the crappy gameplay of RS - crappy UI, terrible keyboard shortcuts (no flexibility at all), square world movement, no option to 'drop whole inventory', utterly lame quest writing and story delivering... to mention few things.

Getting close to quiting now.

Updates don't interest me (and when you find yourself more interested in the Misc. Patch Notes for that week rather than the actual updates you start to realise maybe it's time to move on.) And whenever I log in now I sit around doing nothing until I can't be arsed to look at the screen anymore and log off.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I have quit for pretty big periods of time in the past, and generally it is down to the fact RS is a game that i feel can become boring very easily. I play it in a fairly unique way i feel, i don't do anything for efficiency or profit etc... I will gladly run into PVP with my bank just because it would be [bleep]ing funny. I don't honestly care for my items, just the enjoyment i get out of them. When it gets to a point where i can't get anymore enjoyment, without 50 hours of straight grind etc... I will quit.

I will never truly quit, because i find if i feel like a bit of scape i can always just start playing again and pick up where i left off.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Basically if I got bored of it or University was taking up too much time. Last few months have seen a large decrease in playing when I'm in Uni because I just can't be bothered with it. If it gets to the point where I'm going over 2 weeks without playing then I might just quit. I don't see it as 'currently playing then quitting'. I just play as I want and NOT play as I want.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Well, I'm not talking about just temp quitting, or breaking, but really, truly quitting.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]