Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Has anyone else been lagging lately?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

AnneFrank
[ Display Name History ]

AnneFrank

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 697 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:AnneFrank
  • RSN2:Hold_Drink
  • Clan:True 0wnage
w99 died @ sara gwd fml

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
I've lagged out in world 92 twice today. And my internet connection is just fine, I got a new router the other week actually.

kapeg90
[ Display Name History ]

kapeg90

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Clan:Not in any clans
Yeah, I've been DC'ing a lot actually! Everytime I run places, it takes like 5 minutes to load up the map, never use to take as long :S.

Ah well, hopefully it'll be fixed soon :-)

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts
Out of nowhere my lowest ping now is like 132 wtf <_<

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
There has definitely been a change here. The world list used to display a latency of 23-30 on quite a few worlds for me, now the lowest latency it's showing is 55ish. And I've nearly DC'd at TDs like on like every trip I've made.

Fire_Hawk154
[ Display Name History ]

Fire_Hawk154

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Fire Hawk154
  • RSN2:Bud Bundy
  • Clan:CE, TLL, TR, FD

Not been disconnecting... but I have had random Java applet crashes, meaning the screen goes black and if I hover my mouse over the java icon in taskbar (next to the clock and such) it dissappears, which generally happens when you force close something and the taskbar hasn't reacted.
I guess it counts as a crash, but I can't say i've seen it in any particular worlds, im normally in 99 though.

Yeah, I had a lot of Java crashes recently. I've got like 30 hs_err_pid files in my recycling now...

Do those Error pids mean anything important? I seem to get a them a lot recently.

They appear on my desktop the instant Java crashes so I assume it's just Java's way of telling you something is wrong. It's come to the point where any time my screen lags I minimize the browser to see if another hs_err_pid has popped up :rolleyes:

I had many hs_err_pids too, you should try to change your display mode (options->custom).
I changed from DirectX to Software, I'm not getting any errors anymore now, and it seems to be faster/less lagg :smile:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users