Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Godsword Discussion

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Gudi

oh, i thought of a use for godswords: flipping

the ONLY combat use in which godswords are "good" - not even the best - is BGS for nex/corp. AGS pking sucks. SGS is useful in like 1% of situations. ZGS sucks.

1. Takes ages to get a Chaotic Weapon, whereas with godswords the only time spent is on getting the cash and buying it (you can resell and reclaim your geepees)
You can get a chaotic weapon in 4 hours at 120DG. At 100 DG you can still get one in less than 10.
2. Funny how i haven't seen anyone CLS rushing recently, but i'm pretty much always getting 1 item AGS rushed
Funny how you don't mention the maul.
3. No special attacks, therefore no bonuses at all past the decent stats
That's like saying a spatula is bad for poking things with. Spec weapons are for specs, main weapons are for stats.

Didn't mention the maul because i forgot, i have never been rushed by that either.

Oh, thanks for the information on how quick it is to get the chaotic weapons after spending months to get the levels necessary to do so.

Why can't a weapon be good for both stats and special attacks?
Posted Image

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:wioneo

1. Takes ages to get a Chaotic Weapon, whereas with godswords the only time spent is on getting the cash and buying it (you can resell and reclaim your geepees)
You can get a chaotic weapon in 4 hours at 120DG. At 100 DG you can still get one in less than 10.

2. Funny how i haven't seen anyone CLS rushing recently, but i'm pretty much always getting 1 item AGS rushed
That's like saying a spatula is bad for poking things with. Spec weapons are for specs, main weapons are for stats.

Is that a joke or willful ignorance to prove your point?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior
While most claim Chaotic weaponry or Whip is better, it can be. However, people here are intrinsically forgetting both requirements and defence of enemies to make that statement.

BGS is actually useful to me. For Tormented Demons. I am (was) a frequent TD-killer and I was noticing a HUGE difference in damage between BGS and Whip and DHally, both of which fall short of supplying me with the melee offence I needed at TD. DHally didn't hit. At all. Specs were usually 150 damage "behemoths" and didn't even hit 90% of the time. Whip does indeed hit rapidly fast, but when it's only hitting 30% of the time, speed loses its appeal. BGS, which hit about 60% of the time and hits high, was a welcome change.
And I don't have the 78/78 Att/Str requirement for Korasi's. Let alone the 80/80 for Chaotic weapons.

People are quick to jump and say: "Godswords are useless in all situations", but don't consider people like me who can't wear better alternatives nor do enough damage with the alternatives that are only better at later levels. Of course, you can retort with: "Well, train up noob" (as happened many times before), but that can be applied to EVERYTHING in this game and doesn't help one bit.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts
I hate how runescape always tends to become a monotonous 1 weapon-best-the-rest-can't-even-be-considered feast.

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Nifflin
[ Display Name History ]

Nifflin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • RSN:Nifflin
  • RSN2:Runnersdie

I hate how runescape always tends to become a monotonous 1 weapon-best-the-rest-can't-even-be-considered feast.

I love it, it's what's causing this Torva panic that I'm profiting from so much.

PM me in game anytime

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RSN:The Ancient

I'm willing to bet you 500M that I can get a chaotic within one day, with a full night's sleep. It's easy. With the best teams you can consistently get 20 minute floors, at 200K xp each. That's 600K xp an hour.

At 105 DG, I can get 130K a floor at roughly 30 minutes a floor, which is ~250K an hour. That's 8 hours.

Do some research before you call someone ignorant

Even for low levels, whip+defender can be comparable to, most likely better than, BGS for dps even against moderate defense. Whip is much cheaper which is a significant consideration for lower levels.

_______

I just did a calculation for whip+defender vs BGS in pvp assuming level 75 stats, nooby gear. Even at ~30% accuracy, whip has a noticeable DPS advantage - 18.37 - versus BGS at 17.65.

so lol. it is useless even as a non-spec wep.

i guess the ONLY non-spec gs has is TD's if you're too slow to switch with whip

_____

It isn't, lol, in fact weapons are much more diverse than before. before it was whip was superior to everything and now you have to consider CLS/Maul/Rapier and not to mention the huge diversity in spec weapons.
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

I'm willing to bet you 500M that I can get a chaotic within one day, with a full night's sleep. It's easy. With the best teams you can consistently get 20 minute floors, at 200K xp each. That's 600K xp an hour.

At 105 DG, I can get 130K a floor at roughly 30 minutes a floor, which is ~250K an hour. That's 8 hours.

Even for low levels, whip+defender can be comparable to, most likely better than, BGS for dps even against moderate defense. Whip is much cheaper which is a significant consideration for lower levels.

Heh...you missed the point there...didn't ya?

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

Heh...you missed the point there...didn't ya?

To be fair, the fact that chaotic weaponry is a sunk cost is irrelevant or inconsequential. It's not as if you are able to utilize the value of the weapon in addition to the combat utility of the weapon. You can only have one at a time. Moreover, your main melee weapon is not something you will sell in the short run. Also, looking at the rate at which GS are deflating in price, I would hardly say they keep their value well.

At any rate, the main downsides of GS have not been refuted. GS is terrible for basically everything.
Posted Image

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
what....?
No, that's not what people are saying at all....
Getting a chaotic takes longer then 10 hours to get when you're starting at level 1...you know...like EVERYONE does.

You're basing the it takes to get chaotics on the level you have, and you can't do that for the general population, because the general population doesn't have anywhere near 100+ dung, so they can't get a chaotic in anything even close to a day.

It takes weeks, up to a month for some people, to get their first chaotic item

The godswords are good for low levels when it's all they can use.

Someone with 75 attack is nearly useless at General Grarrdor when they use a whip.. Only when they get in the high 80s+ does a whip become better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

what....?
Getting a chaotic takes longer then 10 hours to get when you're starting at level 1...you know...like EVERYONE does.

You're basing the it takes to get chaotics on the level you have, and you can't do that for the general population, because the general population doesn't have anywhere near 100+ dung, so they can't get a chaotic in anything even close to a day.

Yeah your first chaotic sucks but they get exponentially easier. High DG levels are available to basically anyone combat 100+ who can DG. I think it's fair to assume a base level of competency here - I'm not going to set my assumptions to be unreasonably low. Fast, efficient floors are not by definition limited to high level dungeoneers.

And you're ignoring the fact that it is still fast. I just showed you the best case scenario, and it is indeed outrageously fast. If people DG with competent people and not 117, you can average 40 minutes a floor and ~60-70K xp each, or 20 hours to get a chaotic. This can still be done in 2 days. Assuming a low level makes ~500K an hour, this is still faster than getting a BGS, let alone AGS/SGS.

AGAIN, all of this is irrelevant since in addition to all of these points, GS are just BAD for dps.
Posted Image

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior

oh, i thought of a use for godswords: flipping

the ONLY combat use in which godswords are "good" - not even the best - is BGS for nex/corp. AGS pking sucks. SGS is useful in like 1% of situations. ZGS sucks.

That's the equivalent of saying "Buying a house is cheap. It's only $300,000. Bill Gates can make that in an hour". You're completely disregarding the process of getting to 100 or 120 DG in the first place.

Think my comparison is too farfetched? According to Jagex, there are more than 10M accounts. That means that 0.000027% of the accounts have 120 Dungeoneering. 0.000388% have 100 Dungeoneering. If we consider that there are about 2M actual players, that boils down to 0.000135% for 120 DG, 0.001939% for 100 DG. By comparison, 0.3% of the Americans have a salary of $1,000,000+ a year.

There's lots of things I can stand, but spreading false or misconstrued answers isn't one of them.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

what....?

Someone with 75 attack is nearly useless at General Grarrdor when they use a whip.. Only when they get in the high 80s+ does a whip become better.

What they said.

I think I'm somewhere around level 50 dung(also f2p, but that is temporary).

If you're saying that it is possible(scratch that *practicle*) for ME, to get any chaotic weapon within the next 10 waking hours, then I will respectfully retract my last statement, but considering that I personally have spent well over 10 hours on this skill(granted during the first week or so), and am pretty sure that I don't even have half of the experience required to use any chaotic weapon makes me seriously suspect of that claim.

Granted, you could say that getting the 20m(or whatever BGS's are worth now) to get a godsword starting from nothing is also daunting, but I am willing to bet that most of the people with 80 dung have well over 20m(or whatever) in their accounts.

Also, if you are willing to take payment for that 500m wager in the form of red masks, that would be fantastic :thumbsup:

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
I never said it was relevant to low level dungeoneers. I made the claim for myself. And there is nothing prohibiting anyone from being my dungeoneering level aside from training. This is not the same as making hundreds of thousands of dollars which some people cannot even do in a lifetime.

Regardless, address the fact that a competent dungeoneer can also earn a chaotic in the same time, if not faster, as making enough money for a GS.

AGAIN, the main point has been totally ignored. GS are bad for DPS.

I am arguing on your terms just to show you the extent of which GS are useless. It is undeniable that they are bad, so I am just trying to show you how bad they are.
Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

what....?

What they said.

I think I'm somewhere around level 50 dung(also f2p, but that is temporary).

If you're saying that it is possible(scratch that *practicle*) for ME, to get any chaotic weapon within the next 10 waking hours, then I will respectfully retract my last statement, but considering that I personally have spent well over 10 hours on this skill(granted during the first week or so), and am pretty sure that I don't even have half of the experience required to use any chaotic weapon makes me seriously suspect of that claim.

Granted, you could say that getting the 20m(or whatever BGS's are worth now) to get a godsword starting from nothing is also daunting, but I am willing to bet that most of the people with 80 dung have well over 20m(or whatever) in their accounts.

Also, if you are willing to take payment for that 500m wager in the form of red masks, that would be fantastic :thumbsup:

You quoted the wrong person.

Godswords are NOT bad at low level for BOSSING

Posted Image

Posted Image

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • RSN:Sir Gudi

I am arguing on your terms just to show you the extent of which GS are useless. It is undeniable that they are bad, so I am just trying to show you how bad they are.

No, no you aren't. You are attempting to prove that godswords are completely and utterly useless, which isn't trust. All weapons have advantages, just because you don't have any particular use for a godsword doesn't mean that it is automatically a worthless piece of crap for all players.
Posted Image

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
Izenheim, do the DPS calculation. Thanks.

No, no you aren't. You are attempting to prove that godswords are completely and utterly useless, which isn't trust. All weapons have advantages, just because you don't have any particular use for a godsword doesn't mean that it is automatically a worthless piece of crap for all players.

What advantage? What case is it the best? Provide evidence
Posted Image

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
No, I didn't quote the Ancient to avoid excessive pyramidding, and based on the past responses it seemed like what I was referring to could be obvious enough without being quoted.

Capes

ranqe
[ Display Name History ]

ranqe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 401 posts
bgs, meh i would use a swh over it
ags, meh would use claws / vls
sgs, meh will spend the money to get ee and a summon
zgs, lol anyone use this?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

It's called experience :thumbup:
I've given as much evidence as you have for the DPS, which is none so far.
I'm also not going to pretend I know how the system in RS works either, so I won't ever be doing 'calculations'

Godswords have their uses, and you for some odd reason just can't admit that. They are useless to you...they ARE NOT useless for everybody else.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

It's called experience :thumbup:
I've given as much evidence as you have for the DPS, which is none so far.
I'm also not going to pretend I know how the system in RS works either, so I won't ever be doing 'calculations'

Godswords have their uses, and you for some odd reason just can't admit that. They are useless to you...they ARE NOT useless for everybody else.

_______

I just did a calculation for whip+defender vs BGS in pvp assuming level 75 stats, nooby gear. Even at ~30% accuracy, whip has a noticeable DPS advantage - 18.37 - versus BGS at 17.65.

so lol. it is useless even as a non-spec wep.

i guess the ONLY non-spec gs has is TD's if you're too slow to switch with whip

_____

Let's say hypothetically I am wrong. At worst, I have reduced the use of GS to maybe like 2 uses at best. About as useful as a CLS. Worthless? Pretty much
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users