Godsword Discussion

swordb88

The Sara Godsword is a great weapon for lower-ish levels to train their combat up, and many higher level players without the Dung. requirements for chaotic weaponry.

Whip/ee or eee is better

Runescape is a "perfect physics world,"(with magic) though.

Rhetorical arguments that go down to these levels are just pointless really.

The plain and simple fact is that no godsword is ever "useless." You might (possibly) be able to accurately say that after certain levels and items are obtained, then godswords are never the most efficient option, but I seriously doubt that. Also, examples such as tds where the level of attention required can SIGNIFICANTLY affect performance cannot be waived off in that manner reasonably. For example, I know that using a steel titan down there is better AT FULL ATTENTION, but I have tv to be watching, etc. So a unicorn is now the best, yet no statistics/attributes have changed.

And just to be utterly annoying, I could "use" a godsword to slay lvl 2 men if I felt like it. Therefore they have at least one "use," and based on empirical evidence are not "useless."

Yeah, these are just semantics and there's basically no point in arguing past that point. I already admitted they are partially useful for some people at TD's. Still, I am saying they are "useless" to show exactly how limited these scenarios are. GS have like one main reasonable use, and that's about it. Saying that they're useful gives other people the impression that a GS is a reasonable purchase for a noob, which it is not.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

typing is easy though

I still think you're wrong though, just based on experience that...odd as it is from your calculations...remains the same every time I've experienced it.

Experiences lie, math does not; we are subject to a lot of sampling biases

For example, my experiences told me that magic defense affected Korasi sword strength. It does not.

To be completely fair, like i mentioned previously - GS have SOME use - maybe like one (TD's if you're too slow at switching whip to be effective). But for all intents and purposes it is effectively never #1 at anything else. It makes sense to think of it as basically useless.

Uhm what?

This mindset is similar to what the old greek-mathematicans had: "if my experiences don't match the perfect mathematics, my experiences are wrong"..

Luckily we've grown out of that mindset, and now we think "if my experiences don't match the perfect mathematics, the perfect mathematics forget to include a certain variable". Experience is always more important than mathematics: mathematical rules are used verify & fine tune the ideas you've gained by doing experiments!

Very true, but I don't think DPS formulas leave any hidden variables out that we know of.

Inb4newgodwarsbossrequiresyoutouseagodswordlikezammyspearisgoodatcorp :rolleyes:

Good thing I have a huge stock of godsword blades :thumbsup:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Inb4newgodwarsbossrequiresyoutouseagodswordlikezammyspearisgoodatcorp :rolleyes:

I could be reading this wrong, BUT I do believe you need the hilt to wield the sword. :thumbup:

Spaz4010.png

I could be reading this wrong, BUT I do believe you need the hilt to wield the sword. :thumbup:

He could tie them to a rope and make a godsword whip D:

crossed_body.png

But no doubt if this is the case, the price of hilts and blades would both rise accordingly along with the full sword.

Don't need to wield it to sell it?

The Sara Godsword is a great weapon for lower-ish levels to train their combat up, and many higher level players without the Dung. requirements for chaotic weaponry.

Whip/ee or eee is better

Runescape is a "perfect physics world,"(with magic) though.

Rhetorical arguments that go down to these levels are just pointless really.

The plain and simple fact is that no godsword is ever "useless." You might (possibly) be able to accurately say that after certain levels and items are obtained, then godswords are never the most efficient option, but I seriously doubt that. Also, examples such as tds where the level of attention required can SIGNIFICANTLY affect performance cannot be waived off in that manner reasonably. For example, I know that using a steel titan down there is better AT FULL ATTENTION, but I have tv to be watching, etc. So a unicorn is now the best, yet no statistics/attributes have changed.

And just to be utterly annoying, I could "use" a godsword to slay lvl 2 men if I felt like it. Therefore they have at least one "use," and based on empirical evidence are not "useless."

Yeah, these are just semantics and there's basically no point in arguing past that point. I already admitted they are partially useful for some people at TD's. Still, I am saying they are "useless" to show exactly how limited these scenarios are. GS have like one main reasonable use, and that's about it. Saying that they're useful gives other people the impression that a GS is a reasonable purchase for a noob, which it is not.

I'm baffled why you continually state your opinion as fact, that's not a very intelligent or persuasive way to discuss anything. Misusing the word "useful" is definitely not semantics... you understand exactly what he's trying to saying, and he makes a very valid point which refutes your "useless" argument.

Giving other people the impression that a GS has "very limited use" is illogical since they make up some of the best weapons in the game. While there may be some low percentage of other weapons (lets say 10% or less) which are more powerful, the GS have special attacks which are unique in Runescape. When you dismissed my original comment about the Sara Godsword being a powerful training tool for a lower to middle-tier player, you vaguely said the whip/ee is "better."

Since the Saradomin Godsword's special recovers a minimum of 100 LP, it is an excellent way for players attempting to train their combat levels up because it can allow for far longer training sessions, using much less restocking time. Hence, it can allow for more efficient leveling, in certain situations of course. The Armadyl GS in particular also has a use in PvP, where high hits reign supreme.

Godswords are extremely useful in the eyes of most RS players.

Granted, if you have the stats, you can use other higher level equipment. They also have their uses!

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

Name me 1 training place where you need healing outside of a bunyip.

At your combat level you don't need healing, and you could do much better than a GS for training. You're missing my point if you think this applies to you.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

is illogical since they make up some of the best weapons in the game.

Nope.avi

halolz-dot-com-nope.avi.gif

They are slow, and lack in power compared to other weapons. They do less damage per second than a whip, and you can't wear a shield.

Their specials are easily replaced too. Bandos GodSword can be replaced by a Statius warhammer, Zamorak GodSword can be replaced with an ice barrage, Saradomin GodSword's healing abilities are weak compared to eee, bunyip or unicorn, and the prayer recovery can be done with an ancient mace.

Armadyl godsword is easily replaced with korasi's or Dragon claws.

Except for the ice barrage, you can purchase or earn the alternatives quite easily, even if you only have the attack requirement needed for a GodSword.

Now, tell me again WHY exactly are they a part of the "best weapons" in the game? As far as I know, only one item can hold the title of "the best" in a certain area. And a godsword certainly doesn't excel in any area.

crossed_body.png

from a nearly none-subjective vewpoint.

godswords:

best at anything? no.

worst at anything? no.

usefull? yes, even if only a bit and in some odd situations.

thats basicly it.

other weapons are better, no one can deny that. but it does have there uses, no one should deny that.

edit: looking at the abouve post.

i shal say this and this alone:

gs are some of the most powerfull weapons in the game.

but best?

no.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

but best?

no.

Powerfull? Well, that depends on your definition. Chaotic weapons are the most powerfull weapons in the game, and then PvP weapons, and then a whip/saradomin sword... GodSwords are the lowest of the low in terms of "powerfull" weapons, so I don't really think they can qualify.

crossed_body.png

but best?

no.

Powerfull? Well, that depends on your definition. Chaotic weapons are the most powerfull weapons in the game, and then PvP weapons, and then a whip/saradomin sword... GodSwords are the lowest of the low in terms of "powerfull" weapons, so I don't really think they can qualify.

the strange thing about that is said it to define the difrence between powerfull and best.

and you just undid that.

point is though, godswords hit high and have high acuracy.

much higher then a whip or even a chaotic longsword, even if the end damage per a second is lowwer.

but best?

no.

He meant strength bonus, you and I both know that. -.-

Sumondskull6.png

Giving other people the impression that a GS has "very limited use" is illogical since they make up some of the best weapons in the game. While there may be some low percentage of other weapons (lets say 10% or less) which are more powerful, the GS have special attacks which are unique in Runescape.

Nope

(Loved the TF reference)

They are slow, and lack in power compared to other weapons. They do less damage per second than a whip, and you can't wear a shield.

Their specials are easily replaced too. Bandos GodSword can be replaced by a Statius warhammer, Zamorak GodSword can be replaced with an ice barrage, Saradomin GodSword's healing abilities are weak compared to eee, bunyip or unicorn, and the prayer recovery can be done with an ancient mace.

Armadyl godsword is easily replaced with korasi's or Dragon claws.

Except for the ice barrage, you can purchase or earn the alternatives quite easily, even if you only have the attack requirement needed for a GodSword.

GS do not "lack in power" when compared to most other weapons in the game. In my (full) quote I said "there may be some low percentage of other weapons (lets say 10% or less) which are more powerful"

- Bandos GodSword can be replaced by a Statius warhammer, no qualms there.

- Zamorak GodSword cannot be replaced with an ice barrage.

Are you serious? Ice Barrage requires a magic level of 94, I don't understand why we're making a leap and assuming most lower-mid players trying to train their combat levels would have 94 magic.

- Saradomin GodSword's healing abilities are weak compared to eee, but you'd have to complete all of the elite seer's village challenges for a better healing effect, and it's still a much weaker weapon. Also, the prayer recovery by the ancient mace would mean you carry it in addition to a different primary just for the prayer recovery special. Sure you can carry a whip, eee & ancient mace in your inventory instead of the Sara GS, but that's extremely inefficient and not very practical.

- There's a time and a place for the Armadyl godsword, but I too consider it a waste of resources. Still it hits higher than either korasi's or Dragon claws, so I don't think you could "easily" replace it with either.

The Godswords are great weapons, but not the best in the game.

Powerful? Well, that depends on your definition. Chaotic weapons are the most powerfull weapons in the game, and then PvP weapons, and then a whip/saradomin sword... GodSwords are the lowest of the low in terms of "powerful" weapons, so I don't really think they can qualify.

You're defining "powerful" as "best" which is not what anyone has been saying on this thread. Godswords in RS are powerful in the classic definition of the word.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

much higher then a whip or even a chaotic longsword, even if the end damage per a second is lowwer.

Lets see...

GodSword slash bonus:

Whip + dragon defender slash bonus:

Chaotic Longsword + dragon defender:

GodSword str bonus:

Whip + dragon defender str bonus:

Chaotic Longsword + dragon defender:

The only situations where you need a high attack bonus are boss encounters, and even then, the difference in slash attack bonuses is negligible.

You cannot say a weapon is more powerful than another if you only take into account the strength value of that weapon, because there are a lot of different variables when comparing two weapons, two of them being the ability to wear shields and its speed.

GS do not "lack in power" when compared to most other weapons in the game. In my (full) quote I said "there may be some low percentage of other weapons (lets say 10% or less) which are more powerful"

- Bandos GodSword can be replaced by a Statius warhammer, no qualms there.

- Zamorak GodSword cannot be replaced with an ice barrage.

Are you serious? Ice Barrage requires a magic level of 94, I don't understand why we're making a leap and assuming most lower-mid players trying to train their combat levels would have 94 magic.

- Saradomin GodSword's healing abilities are weak compared to eee, but you'd have to complete all of the elite seer's village challenges for a better healing effect, and it's a much weaker weapon. Also, the prayer recovery by the ancient mace would mean you carry it in addition to a different primary just for the prayer recovery special. That's extremely inefficient.

- There's a time and a place for the Armadyl godsword, but I too consider it a waste of resources. Still it hits higher than either korasi's or Dragon claws, so I don't think you could "easily" replace it with either.

The Godswords are great weapons, but not the best in the game.

In any situation where you might need Zamorak GodSword's special (that being Saradomin GWD), you cannot expect the player to be lower leveled, so there is no reason why a low level player would own a ZGS in the first place.

Don't talk about efficiency, because either way, recovering prayer points with a special attack is hardly efficient when you can wield a weapon with a higher DPS and just carry a couple more prayer potions. Not that any medium level player should need to use prayer in their daily tasks so much that they need to recover it with a weapon in any case.

At medium levels, if you have 75 attack for a GodSword, you should use a whip and a dragon defender instead, because at medium level, you hardly need the "accuracy" you so claim Godswords are worth the money for, and a whip or a saradomin sword are much better, and more damaging alternatives.

At medium levels, you also don't need the special attacks of the godswords, or if you do, the occasions are so rare that the money would be better spend on getting other skills higher.

At high levels, you laugh at anyone who uses a GodSword. Period.

crossed_body.png

you guys would be better off agreeing to disagree, because it's obvious neither side will be persuaded of their own opinions.

my take on it was that my godsword proved very useful for me, until i had the money / levels for better things. it made me a lot of profit (sgs), and i still consider it one of the best purchases i ever made, even if i bought it for 120m and sold it for 46m.

You cannot say a weapon is more powerful than another if you only take into account the strength value of that weapon, because there are a lot of different variables when comparing two weapons, two of them being the ability to wear shields and its speed.

thats what i said.

anyway i shal exit this thread b4 i get stuck as many of you apear to be.

to sum most of this thread in one quote.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

agreeing to disagree

most [developmentally delayed]ed thing ever

This.

One of the sides has to be right, and so far I've seen little factual evidence on the Godsword side. They merely deflect and defend the arguments, without providing any sort of convincing argument from their side.

thats what i said.

Then you cannot say they are "amongst the most powerful" when there is a plethora of much better weapons available, even at lower levels.

crossed_body.png