Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Godsword Discussion

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
level 75 attack players aren't even close to 30% accurate at most bosses with a whip, but ok :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:The Ancient

level 75 attack players aren't even close to 30% accurate at most bosses with a whip, but ok :rolleyes:

Even at 10% accuracy, against a potted praying level 75 player with 1000 defense, whip has 5.7 dps against 5.2 DPS of a GS.

try harder! you can do it!
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
You can't measure 10% accuracy of a whip compared to 10% accuracy of a godsword...because the godsword is going to be more accurate...

I'm not trying hard to begin with btw.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

You can't measure 10% accuracy of a whip compared to 10% accuracy of a godsword...because the godsword is going to be more accurate...

No, I incorporated GS accuracy. (9.7% on GS; ~8.7% on whip)

Nice of you to assume that I didn't, though.

I'm not trying hard to begin with btw.

Actions speak louder than words
Posted Image

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
typing is easy though

I still think you're wrong though, just based on experience that...odd as it is from your calculations...remains the same every time I've experienced it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

typing is easy though

I still think you're wrong though, just based on experience that...odd as it is from your calculations...remains the same every time I've experienced it.

Experiences lie, math does not; we are subject to a lot of sampling biases

For example, my experiences told me that magic defense affected Korasi sword strength. It does not.

To be completely fair, like i mentioned previously - GS have SOME use - maybe like one (TD's if you're too slow at switching whip to be effective). But for all intents and purposes it is effectively never #1 at anything else. It makes sense to think of it as basically useless.
Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
I remember that, and like you, I'm sticking by my experience until I see other wise.
Any particular reason you can't accept that when you did it yourself?

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

I remember that, and like you, I'm sticking by my experience until I see other wise.
Any particular reason you can't accept that when you did it yourself?

of course, it's natural not to like to admit that you're wrong. i have accepted that i was wrong about korasi just like you have accepted you were wrong about gs.

the fact that you have to resort to that sort of personal affront irrelevant to the topic at hand shows this point.
Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
except I haven't accepted I'm wrong, because I've yet to experience a whip being better at Bandos for lower level players.
Calculate all you want. The main point is Godswords are not useless. You only think they are, because they're not useful to you now that you have better weapons.

You're the one that brought up the Korasi Sword spec btw, not me, you're the one that went off topic first.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

except I haven't accepted I'm wrong, because I've yet to experience a whip being better at Bandos for lower level players.
Calculate all you want. The main point is Godswords are not useless. You only think they are, because they're not useful to you now that you have better weapons.

You're the one that brought up the Korasi Sword spec btw, not me, you're the one that went off topic first.

So then you just choose to be ignorant; like I said, experiences can lead to incorrect conclusions many, many times. Some people are willing to accept new conclusions in the face of evidence, some are not.
Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
sure, let's go with that, because we aren't going anywhere with this.

(still think you're wrong)

Posted Image

Posted Image

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
Godswords are useful because they make bandos GWD somewhat better money. Even though they are the 2nd cheapest drop. And they get rid of junk.

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

typing is easy though

For example, my experiences told me that magic defense affected Korasi sword strength. It does not.

To be completely fair, like i mentioned previously - GS have SOME use - maybe like one (TD's if you're too slow at switching whip to be effective). But for all intents and purposes it is effectively never #1 at anything else. It makes sense to think of it as basically useless.

Uhm what?

This mindset is similar to what the old greek-mathematicans had: "if my experiences don't match the perfect mathematics, my experiences are wrong"..

Luckily we've grown out of that mindset, and now we think "if my experiences don't match the perfect mathematics, the perfect mathematics forget to include a certain variable". Experience is always more important than mathematics: mathematical rules are used verify & fine tune the ideas you've gained by doing experiments!

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Karmastocracy
[ Display Name History ]

Karmastocracy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 648 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
The Sara Godsword is a great weapon for lower-ish levels to train their combat up, and many higher level players without the Dung. requirements for chaotic weaponry.

Guide to Everything Fletching • XBL: Karmastocracy
Posted Image

Posted Image
[Stumbleupon]
* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"
~
"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:wioneo

typing is easy though

Uhm what?

This mindset is similar to what the old greek-mathematicans had: "if my experiences don't match the perfect mathematics, my experiences are wrong"..

Luckily we've grown out of that mindset, and now we think "if my experiences don't match the perfect mathematics, the perfect mathematics forget to include a certain variable". Experience is always more important than mathematics: mathematical rules are used verify & fine tune the ideas you've gained by doing experiments!

Runescape is a "perfect physics world,"(with magic) though.

Rhetorical arguments that go down to these levels are just pointless really.

The plain and simple fact is that no godsword is ever "useless." You might (possibly) be able to accurately say that after certain levels and items are obtained, then godswords are never the most efficient option, but I seriously doubt that. Also, examples such as tds where the level of attention required can SIGNIFICANTLY affect performance cannot be waived off in that manner reasonably. For example, I know that using a steel titan down there is better AT FULL ATTENTION, but I have tv to be watching, etc. So a unicorn is now the best, yet no statistics/attributes have changed.

And just to be utterly annoying, I could "use" a godsword to slay lvl 2 men if I felt like it. Therefore they have at least one "use," and based on empirical evidence are not "useless."

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

The Sara Godsword is a great weapon for lower-ish levels to train their combat up, and many higher level players without the Dung. requirements for chaotic weaponry.

Whip/ee or eee is better

Runescape is a "perfect physics world,"(with magic) though.

Rhetorical arguments that go down to these levels are just pointless really.

The plain and simple fact is that no godsword is ever "useless." You might (possibly) be able to accurately say that after certain levels and items are obtained, then godswords are never the most efficient option, but I seriously doubt that. Also, examples such as tds where the level of attention required can SIGNIFICANTLY affect performance cannot be waived off in that manner reasonably. For example, I know that using a steel titan down there is better AT FULL ATTENTION, but I have tv to be watching, etc. So a unicorn is now the best, yet no statistics/attributes have changed.

And just to be utterly annoying, I could "use" a godsword to slay lvl 2 men if I felt like it. Therefore they have at least one "use," and based on empirical evidence are not "useless."

Yeah, these are just semantics and there's basically no point in arguing past that point. I already admitted they are partially useful for some people at TD's. Still, I am saying they are "useless" to show exactly how limited these scenarios are. GS have like one main reasonable use, and that's about it. Saying that they're useful gives other people the impression that a GS is a reasonable purchase for a noob, which it is not.
Posted Image

AnneFrank
[ Display Name History ]

AnneFrank

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 697 posts
  • RSN:AnneFrank
  • RSN2:Hold_Drink
  • Clan:True 0wnage
Zamorak Godsword is good if you can't cast ice barrage

Lacoste
[ Display Name History ]

Lacoste

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,872 posts
This would have been a great topic like 4 years ago! :rolleyes:

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

typing is easy though

Uhm what?

Very true, but I don't think DPS formulas leave any hidden variables out that we know of.

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Inb4newgodwarsbossrequiresyoutouseagodswordlikezammyspearisgoodatcorp :rolleyes:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users