Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Godsword Discussion

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

3nslavE
[ Display Name History ]

3nslavE

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Morghuul
Godwin's law u guiz

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
Quoted from squareroot's 2.5bridding guide :-w

Saradomin Godsword>Enchanted Excalibur>Dragon Halberd/Dragon Claws

You should update your guide, or else I won't give you the benefit of the doubt :P

77yLQy8.png

zotto
[ Display Name History ]

zotto

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 723 posts
SGS used to be quite nice for slayer. I have used it extensively in the past. But Soul split made it all pointless. That includes EE.

Better to use the spec on claws.

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

SGS used to be quite nice for slayer. I have used it extensively in the past. But Soul split made it all pointless. That includes EE.

I'd rather get the guaranteed 200-400 lps that the EEE heals (not to mention the nice def bonus) rather then to rely on the SGSs blind luck to get some extra lp
and prayer points you don't really need. :thumbup:

That's why I dubbed the godswords "junk". The specials just focuses too much on how well you hit and it doesn't compromise any sort of extra accuracy to
make the special bar worth it. I went off well enough with 10 duel arena matches with just a BGS spec without any decent hits. Instead, I could
of used something like the EEE spec where I get some extra def boost and the 10 sec healing, not to mention that the korasi sword also
gives a guaranteed hit when using the special. With a dds P++, Using 4 specs would at least poison the opponent and maybe get a few hits in.
Theres just so many other alternatives that work just as well or even better than godswords in most scenarios.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

I'd rather get the guaranteed 200-400 lps that the EEE heals (not to mention the nice def bonus) rather then to rely on the SGSs blind luck to get some extra lp

That's why I dubbed the godswords "junk". The specials just focuses too much on how well you hit and it doesn't compromise any sort of extra accuracy to
make the special bar worth it. I went off well enough with 10 duel arena matches with just a BGS spec without any decent hits. Instead, I could
of used something like the EEE spec where I get some extra def boost and the 10 sec healing, not to mention that the korasi sword also
gives a guaranteed hit when using the special. With a dds P++, Using 4 specs would at least poison the opponent and maybe get a few hits in.
Theres just so many other alternatives that work just as well or even better than godswords in most scenarios.

I thought all GS specs gave an attack and strength bonus for that hit?

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Stringcheze
no attack bonus :\

gremmy
[ Display Name History ]

gremmy

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,634 posts
  • RSN:Gremmy
  • Clan:#pr0s, #dutch_pride

I thought all GS specs gave an attack and strength bonus for that hit?

Zgs doesn't

Sgs does according to kb, I think?

Can inflict up to 10% max hit damage

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)
Dagannoth kings drops: 73
Barrows item count: 51
GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)
Whips: 4
Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze

Zgs doesn't

Sgs does according to kb, I think?

all of what you said is true according to the kb

however empirically it has been shown that all the godsword specials do increase damage.

zotto
[ Display Name History ]

zotto

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 723 posts

I have never used the EEE. I don't even have one.

For most slayer tasks you don't even need a bunyip. It's just convenience. I sometimes forget a bunyip pouch, like for abby demons, and don't go back to get one. Because they hardly ever hit. I once had to finish 60 for a task and didn't even use SS. Just used the lobbies they drop for the meager damage they hand out.

EEE is a huge waste of spec in most cases. Defense is not needed because I have a big stash of extremes. It's not as if I can sell extreme defense pots.

So i just fill up with special restores and claw my way throw a slayer task.

healing is so 2010.

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo

EEE is a huge waste of spec in most cases. Defense is not needed because I have a big stash of extremes. It's not as if I can sell extreme defense pots.

The sole reason that extreme defense pots should exist in your bank is to be made into overloads.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
I think the trend of the godsword prices says enough. I was pretty amused seeing a BGS is a measly 13m, ZGS 16, SGS 34 and AGS 55. The GS times are over, chaotic is in the house. GS's are so 2009

zotto
[ Display Name History ]

zotto

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 723 posts

The sole reason that extreme defense pots should exist in your bank is to be made into overloads.

I don't bosshunt. My current stack of overloads is large enough. Too large in fact.

Neltak
[ Display Name History ]

Neltak

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • RSN:Neltak
  • Clan:KoA Clan

I don't bosshunt. My current stack of overloads is large enough. Too large in fact.

Use them for slayer. :)

As for the whole gs debate...I think they're useless. When I was 80 combat stats I laughed at people using them (especially to train...they'd say they're training str, but if thats the case get a ss), and now that I'm 99's I laugh even more.
And reading the "gs's are better at bandos for lower levels" argument...really? If your lower leveled you shouldn't even be considering bandos. Paying 55M (might as well get ags for the spec) to fight a boss where you'll be crashed all the time and hardly get any kills is not a good allocation of your resources/time.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users