Godsword Discussion

swordb88

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ that using an sgs is less often possible than ss flashing, because you can ALWAYS ss flash whereas sgs doesn't work on wyverns very well, for example.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

[hide]

To anyone supporting the Godswords....

I suggest you learn how to use this before arguing about DPS. Really, the numbers don't lie, but experiences do. It's a very simple fact. It's why scientists use instruments to measure things rather then just guess based on their experiences.

Really, doing DPS calculations is stupidly easy. If you choose to ignore them then you're simply ignorant.

No thanks, I'll trust my experience in this luck based game. I'll leave the calcs to the big names around here.

That link was the Grimy Bunyip's DPS calculator. What more of a big name do you want?

Really though, this just shows your ignorance and stubbornness. You might as well not have a speedometer on the car. Who trusts numbers right? I mean as long as you have a general sense of how fast you're going that's what's important right? /sarcasm/

If that is the way you look at life, I feel very, very sorry for you my friend.

As for this being a luck based game, that can be used to justify anything. In theory I could go to AZS for the first time and hit 0's for an hour out of hugely bad luck. My experience would tell me that the spot was bad exp. However, my experiences would be false and it in fact would be great exp. I'm curious, what about your experience do you base this off of? Have you done tests with different weapons versus different monsters? Or is this just another "herp derp GS hits big so it's good" argument?

[/hide]

I meant I don't care enough to actually use it. I was just bored earlier and wanted to pass the time. So I had some fun.

I know I'll be mathematically wrong most of the time...You haven't realized yet I don't care?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So you are saying that someone with a steel titan will have trouble surviving during slayer tasks?

the fact that you have a steel titan doesn't remove your need for hp, lol. are you implying that someone with a titan will have good enough gear to avoid having trouble surviving? GOOD ENOUGH GEAR, LIKE A SGS?

So you are saying that someone with a steel titan will have trouble surviving during slayer tasks?

the fact that you have a steel titan doesn't remove your need for hp, lol. are you implying that someone with a titan will have good enough gear to avoid having trouble surviving? GOOD ENOUGH GEAR, LIKE A SGS?

you mean EEE and Soul Split I think, lol.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I haven't had trouble surviving on ANY slayer tasks since....level 80...when I got a bunyip/excalibur

Now, I have soul split.

The only thing I have to work at to survive at is Dagannoth Kings.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I haven't had trouble surviving on ANY slayer tasks since....level 80...when I got a bunyip/excalibur

Now, I have soul split.

EEE is way better than SGS at DK's. EE is arguably better too because you don't have to risk fury/chaotics.

about 1/3 of my rex can be completely soul split; 2/3 of my supremes can be completely soul split flicked. I would argue that SGS nor EEE are really that necessary to last 2+ hours on a tribrid trip.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Now, I have soul split.

EEE is way better than SGS at DK's. EE is arguably better too because you don't have to risk fury/chaotics.

about 1/3 of my rex can be completely soul split; 2/3 of my supremes can be completely soul split flicked. I would argue that SGS nor EEE are really that necessary to last 2+ hours on a tribrid trip.

Where did I ever say SGS at DKs?

All I said is that it's the only place where surviving takes some work for me....I use soul split so much there, even when prime is attacking me.

My last trip there was around 2 hours (6 ovl), and I used a total of 5 brews the whole time.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I find that runescape has very little items, ending in everyone wearing the same stuff, or slightly different combinations of that stuff. So what jagex will just make a new weapon, because nothing can be perfect, every weapon needs some flaw or else everything would stop and everything would be about adding str/att/def bonuses to it (Im confusing myself in my wording). Godswords are the best they will ever be, and i don't think they should be upgraded because it would completely change the way they are seen. From being ko weapons or bossing to something different. Jagex can just make new stuff and make the game more diverse along the way.

edlenchensignaturebalan.jpg

SGS used to be quite nice for slayer. I have used it extensively in the past. But Soul split made it all pointless. That includes EE.

Better to use the spec on claws.

I'd rather get the guaranteed 200-400 lps that the EEE heals (not to mention the nice def bonus) rather then to rely on the SGSs blind luck to get some extra lp

and prayer points you don't really need. :thumbup:

That's why I dubbed the godswords "junk". The specials just focuses too much on how well you hit and it doesn't compromise any sort of extra accuracy to

make the special bar worth it. I went off well enough with 10 duel arena matches with just a BGS spec without any decent hits. Instead, I could

of used something like the EEE spec where I get some extra def boost and the 10 sec healing, not to mention that the korasi sword also

gives a guaranteed hit when using the special. With a dds P++, Using 4 specs would at least poison the opponent and maybe get a few hits in.

Theres just so many other alternatives that work just as well or even better than godswords in most scenarios.

SGS used to be quite nice for slayer. I have used it extensively in the past. But Soul split made it all pointless. That includes EE.

I'd rather get the guaranteed 200-400 lps that the EEE heals (not to mention the nice def bonus) rather then to rely on the SGSs blind luck to get some extra lp

That's why I dubbed the godswords "junk". The specials just focuses too much on how well you hit and it doesn't compromise any sort of extra accuracy to

make the special bar worth it. I went off well enough with 10 duel arena matches with just a BGS spec without any decent hits. Instead, I could

of used something like the EEE spec where I get some extra def boost and the 10 sec healing, not to mention that the korasi sword also

gives a guaranteed hit when using the special. With a dds P++, Using 4 specs would at least poison the opponent and maybe get a few hits in.

Theres just so many other alternatives that work just as well or even better than godswords in most scenarios.

I thought all GS specs gave an attack and strength bonus for that hit?

I thought all GS specs gave an attack and strength bonus for that hit?

Zgs doesn't

Sgs does according to kb, I think?

Can inflict up to 10% max hit damage

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I have never used the EEE. I don't even have one.

For most slayer tasks you don't even need a bunyip. It's just convenience. I sometimes forget a bunyip pouch, like for abby demons, and don't go back to get one. Because they hardly ever hit. I once had to finish 60 for a task and didn't even use SS. Just used the lobbies they drop for the meager damage they hand out.

EEE is a huge waste of spec in most cases. Defense is not needed because I have a big stash of extremes. It's not as if I can sell extreme defense pots.

So i just fill up with special restores and claw my way throw a slayer task.

healing is so 2010.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

EEE is a huge waste of spec in most cases. Defense is not needed because I have a big stash of extremes. It's not as if I can sell extreme defense pots.

The sole reason that extreme defense pots should exist in your bank is to be made into overloads.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

The sole reason that extreme defense pots should exist in your bank is to be made into overloads.

I don't bosshunt. My current stack of overloads is large enough. Too large in fact.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I don't bosshunt. My current stack of overloads is large enough. Too large in fact.

Use them for slayer. :)

As for the whole gs debate...I think they're useless. When I was 80 combat stats I laughed at people using them (especially to train...they'd say they're training str, but if thats the case get a ss), and now that I'm 99's I laugh even more.

And reading the "gs's are better at bandos for lower levels" argument...really? If your lower leveled you shouldn't even be considering bandos. Paying 55M (might as well get ags for the spec) to fight a boss where you'll be crashed all the time and hardly get any kills is not a good allocation of your resources/time.

Neltak.png