Protect Prayers looked down upon

TheAncient

prayer and summoning are parts of your combat level, but people don't want you do use them

Extremes and Overloads aren't a part of your level....everyone wants to use them in the new wildy.

Makes sense to me!

huur duur armor isn't reflected in combat level lets not use armor

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they pray, use Korasi special.

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

If they pray, use Korasi special.

If they KS, use pray.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Because it cheapens combat- for a pathetic price of 44 prayer you get a 40% damage reduction, which is just way too large for the price(many people don't fight divines in pvp for a reason). It also doesn't really take that much skill to use and only really lengthens fights and makes them less attractive, thus any honorable clan bans them from being used in 1 on 1 combat situations. Only using SS/smite assures that the fight isn't pointlessly prolonged and that the best player usually wins- protection prayers don't improve in any way upon that.

It is true that the problem nowadays is somewhat different, and if it turns out that KOing/killing in 2,5 minutes(half tb) time is easily possible with people praying, praying might get legit considerations from new clans. Atleast in the old days, even when hybriding, assuming your opponent prayed, KOing or killing your opponent before they were out of food used to be impossible, thus many honorable clans(like DI) banned nonmulty praying. Nobody needs a wilderness where getting kills is next to impossible and real skill doesn't translate in success. If you pray, you more than likely aren't there to pk(praying is completely fine by non-pkers, remember).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Because it cheapens combat- for a pathetic price of 44 prayer you get a 40% damage reduction, which is just way too large for the price(many people don't fight divines in pvp for a reason). It also doesn't really take that much skill to use and only really lengthens fights and makes them less attractive, thus any honorable clan bans them from being used in 1 on 1 combat situations. Only using SS/smite assures that the fight isn't pointlessly prolonged and that the best player usually wins- protection prayers don't improve in any way upon that.

Prayer takes skill; watch a hybrid who knows how to use overheads quickly enough to a hybrid who just leaves SS on.

Korasi sword has the highest expected damage per attack, as far as I know. It is completely free, requires just a few quests, and is still more powerful than weapons that cost 30-60M.

sigcopyaf.png

I think they do, someone who correctly flashes soul split + 3 protect prayers is the better player imo, but if protect prayers are banned that's another skill you don't need.

IMO that's like doing Jad but magic attacks are banned on both sides. Or something.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The same reason safing in the wilderness is looked down upon. It has to do with the runescape combat system itself. It's all based on luck so you need to allow the other person a chance to get lucky while he allows you a chance to get lucky. Runescape doesn't take skill so I chuckled a little bit reading your post.

The only way I see Prayers being okay is if your tribridding, hybridding is just stupid with it. And it's not as hard as you say, in my clan we are required to ss + melee flick for corp, and I picked that up within a day.

Almonds.png

Runescape doesn't take skill so I chuckled a little bit reading your post.

Assuming 50% win ratio, explain how Taco Limey has gotted basically 50+ chaotic mauls and staves at 97 dungeoneering

The only way I see Prayers being okay is if your tribridding, hybridding is just stupid with it. And it's not as hard as you say, in my clan we are required to ss + melee flick for corp, and I picked that up within a day.

Try to do that against a good hybrid when you're switching 5 items, drinking pots, eating food, etc. every two seconds

sigcopyaf.png

It's like saying, "Don't use food, it takes to long to kill you!"

SAFER NOOB! :rolleyes: I can't wait till pkers come back thinking it's still 2007. So glad I bothered to train mage (aka BARRAGE NOOB!)

prayer and summoning are parts of your combat level, but people don't want you do use them

Extremes and Overloads aren't a part of your level....everyone wants to use them in the new wildy.

Makes sense to me!

Heh this again. Nothing is stopping pkers from training herblore and taking advantage of it. In the spirit of the game (making the wild as dangerous it can be), Jagex better not be p**** whipped by all the whiners like last time.

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

Makes sense to me!

Heh this again. Nothing is stopping pkers from training herblore and taking advantage of it. In the spirit of the game (making the wild as dangerous it can be), Jagex better not be p**** whipped by all the whiners like last time.

That wasn't my point, but ok.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

because people dont want to bother hybriding

I am very sad to see such a dimwitted comment from you, particularly knowing you are a SAFE pvp prod. Really sad.

And really, praying doesn't require that much skill(and you'll only be praying against two styles, not three, as two way hybriding is much better/realistic in real pvp), and, as sayd by red eyed, there is a reason people look down upon safing aswell- there is no reason to pk if neither player wants to risk losing. Praying eliminates a big part of the risk in pvp.

Also, i think you are disregarding the honor part of it- for alot of people, it was a rule not to pray in nonmulty, just as it's a law not to kill people in real life.

Assuming 50% win ratio, explain how Taco Limey has gotted basically 50+ chaotic mauls and staves at 97 dungeoneering

Luck? Taco Limey is over rated, and over hyped. Pretty sure he runs around with a divine now anyways. Plus he dies quite a lot too, but he of course doesn't show deaths in his videos. You want to see a less douchey pker look at sparc mac, he actually has videos where he shows himself using statius and a divine, and being koed by a kid in rune, you can't say that this game isn't luck.

Almonds.png

I am very sad to see such a dimwitted comment from you, particularly knowing you are a SAFE pvp prod. Really sad.

And really, praying doesn't require that much skill(and you'll only be praying against two styles, not three, as two way hybriding is much better/realistic in real pvp), and, as sayd by red eyed, there is a reason people look down upon safing aswell- there is no reason to pk if neither player wants to risk losing. Praying eliminates a big part of the risk in pvp.

wait... what? i said that people don't like it when other people use protect prayers because they don't want to bother hybriding.

i didn't say I don't like it when other people use protect prayers because I don't want to bother hybriding.

i have no problem when someone uses protect prayers :unsure:

Makes sense to me!

That wasn't my point, but ok.

Oh I gotcha, wasn't calling you a whiner, just commenting on how Jagex wants the new wildy to be so hardcore, it would be hypocritical to say "oh but these pots are just too hardcore."

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

Luck? Taco Limey is over rated, and over hyped. Pretty sure he runs around with a divine now anyways. Plus he dies quite a lot too, but he of course doesn't show deaths in his videos. You want to see a less douchey pker look at sparc mac, he actually has videos where he shows himself using statius and a divine, and being koed by a kid in rune, you can't say that this game isn't luck.

I'm not saying luck isn't involved, but you shouldn't say skill isn't involved either. People are able to consistently get over 50/50 win loss ratio even using the same gear. I know for example I am able to do this.

And no, SS flick along with mage/melee pray does take skill, xpx. Even if you think it is a small amount of skill, it is not small for the vast majority of PKers

Also, i think you are disregarding the honor part of it- for alot of people, it was a rule not to pray in nonmulty, just as it's a law not to kill people in real life.

There should e a reason behind honor, and the reason behind not praying for hybrids is dubious in my opinion

sigcopyaf.png

I'm not saying luck isn't involved, but you shouldn't say skill isn't involved either. People are able to consistently get over 50/50 win loss ratio even using the same gear. I know for example I am able to do this.

And no, SS flick along with mage/melee pray does take skill, xpx. Even if you think it is a small amount of skill, it is not small for the vast majority of PKers

The only "Skill" that is really involved is being able to click fast, not really a skill if you ask me. And ss/protect flicking takes barely a day to get the hang of, unless your handicapped.

Almonds.png

wait... what? i said that people don't like it when other people use protect prayers because they don't want to bother hybriding.

i didn't say I don't like it when other people use protect prayers because I don't want to bother hybriding.

i have no problem when someone uses protect prayers :unsure:

I'm referring more to the part that any safe pvp prod would disregard hybrid pking- when i still used to team/solo pk at mb/hut, no pker had less than two styles of combat with them. Hybriding has nothing to do with prayers being disallowed. It's usually a clan rule of honor. If you aren't honorable and have a need to prolong a fight for no apparent reason, look for your enemies to pray against you and use cheap tactics on you aswell(running on full food, safing, etc). If you still think praying gives you the best chance to win, go for it.

There should e a reason behind honor, and the reason behind not praying for hybrids is dubious in my opinion

There is- there is no reason to pointlessly prolong fights by something that takes little skill in order to decrease the risk. Safing is looked down upon aswell, and the reasoning is exactly the same as why praying is dishounoable. If nobody uses prayers, the best player will still win, with the exception that there will be more kills between players.

The only "Skill" that is really involved is being able to click fast, not really a skill if you ask me. And ss/protect flicking takes barely a day to get the hang of, unless your handicapped.

cool opinion bro

can i get a vid of you ss flicking against a tribrid without any of your protect prays being late

If you aren't honorable and have a need to prolong a fight for no apparent reason, look for your enemies to pray against you and use cheap tactics on you aswell(running on full food, safing, etc).

How and why is prayer switching cheap? It only prolongs the fight if both people know how to do it well. But that's not true.

sigcopyaf.png

cool opinion bro

can i get a vid of you ss flicking against a tribrid

Thanks for the educated response, and no you can't.

Almonds.png

cool opinion bro

Then I have no reason to believe that you are right, lol.

sigcopyaf.png

cool opinion bro

Then I have no reason to believe that you are right, lol.

I don't need you to believe me, computer is to slow to video anyways.

Almonds.png

If you aren't honorable and have a need to prolong a fight for no apparent reason, look for your enemies to pray against you and use cheap tactics on you aswell(running on full food, safing, etc).

How and why is prayer switching cheap? It only prolongs the fight if both people know how to do it well. But that's not true.

If it were deemed honorable, trust me, everyone would be an ace in prayer switching. It's not really a divine skill, even though you might think you are divine for mastering it.