Deflect curses at Barrows

tonguetamer3

My take on the matter is this...

The deflect damage is not the monster hitting itself, but rather handled as the player dealing the damage. When the monster attacks you with a deflect prayer up, the damage that would be dealt to the player is prevented as normal. The game checks what damage would have been dealt to the player, and then has the player deal a hit to the monster for set damage equal to 10% of the damage that was prevented. In this case with Veracs equipped, this cap is no longer considered and the player damages the monster as if it was a normal hit, without concern for how much damage was prevented. This means that the deflect damage is calculated using the player`s stats, and not the monster whose damage was reflected. This would allow for large hits such as this to occur.

Obviously this is just speculation.

Now I assume you mean it uses your stats with the deflect hit? Totally seperate from your melee hit? Because there were multiple times where I hit a 350+ deflect hit with a 400+ melee hit in the same game tick. If that's what you're saying, then yes, I think that may be the case :P

Sumondskull6.png

My take on the matter is this...

The deflect damage is not the monster hitting itself, but rather handled as the player dealing the damage. When the monster attacks you with a deflect prayer up, the damage that would be dealt to the player is prevented as normal. The game checks what damage would have been dealt to the player, and then has the player deal a hit to the monster for set damage equal to 10% of the damage that was prevented. In this case with Veracs equipped, this cap is no longer considered and the player damages the monster as if it was a normal hit, without concern for how much damage was prevented. This means that the deflect damage is calculated using the player`s stats, and not the monster whose damage was reflected. This would allow for large hits such as this to occur.

Obviously this is just speculation.

Now I assume you mean it uses your stats with the deflect hit? Totally seperate from your melee hit? Because there were multiple times where I hit a 350+ deflect hit with a 400+ melee hit in the same game tick. If that's what you're saying, then yes, I think that may be the case :P

Sorry if my post wasn't clear, but yes, I am theorizing that the damage of the deflect hit is calculated with your stats. The deflected hit (triggered as a result of having a deflect curse active) and the normal melee hit you deal are two independent instances that both use your stats when calculating the damage.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts