10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

Going to Runefest was worth it apparently...

A quote from someone attending Runefest:

Been talking for hours with the Jagex Moderators at the RuneFest, and got some good information on ingame stuff.

-Got a look at the new Gnome designs. Looked kinda like chibi characters.

-Mod Zephyri, the concept artist, wished she could redesign the basic armours (bronze-rune) but has other things to work on first.

-Manskirts are hopefully going to be redesigned to look more manly (yay) - Mod Zephyri didn't like those either.

-Zombie kittens coming...?

-Testing a piece of content can take up to 2 weeks with a team of like 16 people.

-A sky is most likely going to be added, but probably after Stellar Dawn's release (taking the technique for that from SD).

-The belt slot is probably going to be added in the future, including belts based on how long you've had membership and belts based on the different skills (boosting combat or holding tools or so).

-Mod Chris L made the Strange Power event.

-The floors after Occult are going to be called Warped, which will look kinda like Hell with fire and stuffs.

-The new demon boss which will come with that will be switching weapons (including Saggitarian Bow) and also require players to switch weapons.

-There will be 2 more Dungeoneering batches and a total of 60 floors at the end.

-At the end the Strange Power will be explained, and is supposed to be one of the reasons players play RuneScape (as in how epic it is going to be).

-The Frozen Door in Godwars is -NOT- Zaros, nor Guthix related. It is not designed at all yet.

-Mod Chris L was thinking of creating a boss monster behind the Frozen Door that's supposed to be so wicked and powerful that the 4 Gods sealed it away behind it (surprisingly close to what I had suggested a while back on the official forums).

-Armour with increasing Lifepoints are probably going to be added in the future.

-Mods were interested in my idea for old skool PvP worlds (pre-2007 gear and weapons allowed only).

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been talking for hours with the Jagex Moderators at the RuneFest, and got some good information on ingame stuff.

-Mod Zephyri, the concept artist, wished she could redesign the basic armours (bronze-rune) but has other things to work on first.

-Manskirts are hopefully going to be redesigned to look more manly (yay) - Mod Zephyri didn't like those either.

-Testing a piece of content can take up to 2 weeks with a team of like 16 people.

-A sky is most likely going to be added, but probably after Stellar Dawn's release (taking the technique for that from SD).

-The belt slot is probably going to be added in the future, including belts based on how long you've had membership and belts based on the different skills (boosting combat or holding tools or so).

-The floors after Occult are going to be called Warped, which will look kinda like Hell with fire and stuffs.

-The new demon boss which will come with that will be switching weapons (including Saggitarian Bow) and also require players to switch weapons.

-There will be 2 more Dungeoneering batches and a total of 60 floors at the end.

-At the end the Strange Power will be explained, and is supposed to be one of the reasons players play RuneScape (as in how epic it is going to be).

-The Frozen Door in Godwars is -NOT- Zaros, nor Guthix related. It is not designed at all yet.

-Mod Chris L was thinking of creating a boss monster behind the Frozen Door that's supposed to be so wicked and powerful that the 4 Gods sealed it away behind it (surprisingly close to what I had suggested a while back on the official forums).

-Armour with increasing Lifepoints are probably going to be added in the future.

-Mods were interested in my idea for old skool PvP worlds (pre-2007 gear and weapons allowed only).

Source to this?

I think the pathway they cut was the intended underwater swim to Zamorak's Fortress.

The original plan for Zamoraks Fortress was to dive into the water at the ice bridge and pass through an underwater area before emerging at the boss. You can see the early graphical work by using the orb of occulus around various parts of GWD.

The frozen door.. Well I think Jagex have always planned to have something locked away behind it, but to just casually throw Zaros in there and go "oh yeh btw they locked away this thing called Nex long before the God Wars started and then just happened to be the place where the Avianese took refuge after forging the godsword blah blah blah".

RS Lore is so messed up. That's the problem with RS. There is no central storyline to the game, you just emerge into an MMORPG without any sense of game timeline or direction. The Mahjarrat quest series is as close as you can get, but even that is only accessible to members.

Anyway.. Poor Monster choice in the Zaros Kill Count bit (why need a kill count if it has nothing to do with GWD? Ugh..) And then to put a bank after it anyway? Really? Warriors, Rangers, Mages and some reaver thing. How inventive, what happened to the demons and cool creatures we were told that followed Zaros?

asrhasrh.jpg

what happened to the demons and cool creatures we were told that followed Zaros?

I think the demons went over to following Zamorak. Could always be a demon that didn't convert to Zamorakian, but I'd say demons are mostly refered to as Zamorak followers.

Nex is pretty cool though imo. :P

Source to this?

source: http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1425269-my-runefest-experience/

Also Den, what's with the low graphic signature?

Random signature hosting site I use is very picky about file size. ><

Haven't been able to find a way to either host a random signature myself or a site that allows bigger file size on the pictures.

Here is the actual repair prices minus the usual BS from the runescape community.

actualcosts.png

Add that to your 2mil chaotic weapon and thats 5.5mil down the tube every 10 hours. Yikes!

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Here is the actual repair prices minus the usual BS from the runescape community.

actualcosts.png

Add that to your 2mil chaotic weapon and thats 5.5mil down the tube every 10 hours. Yikes!

I don't call that really high lol..

Remember that this is only used in "boss hunting": where you'll only be in combat for like 10 minutes per hour.. (actual combat, so 0.6 seconds per hit given/hit received). - Mean it can easily last for 30 hours before repairs are needed!

With a profit of 3M per hour this would be 5-6% of your total profit during that time.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Exactly, the 50% reduction in a POH puts a full set at 1.75m/10 hrs if not less, say 100k/hr.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

what happened to the demons and cool creatures we were told that followed Zaros?

I think the demons went over to following Zamorak. Could always be a demon that didn't convert to Zamorakian, but I'd say demons are mostly refered to as Zamorak followers.

Nex is pretty cool though imo. :P

Well but at the time when Nex was supposedly sealed away they still would have been on the side of Zaros. Just saying some re-hashed warriors/mages/rangers and one new creature seems a bit poor for this almighty "weapon of zaros".

asrhasrh.jpg

You're not able to make 3M per hour right?

Correct.

I top out around 2mil/hr but frost dragons bore me easily and godwars dungeon/tormented demons got old several weeks after their releases.

3M/hr? That's chump change now.

Not really, but then again I see it through the view point of a player.

I don't ruin the game (merchant), I don't scam little kids, I'm not a thug (pker) or bug abuser (staker), I don't RWT or bot, and I don't make up numbers like the efficiency crowd.

So 3mil/hr really isn't chump change from my point of view.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

You're not able to make 3M per hour right?

Correct.

I top out around 2mil/hr but frost dragons bore me easily and godwars dungeon/tormented demons got old several weeks after their releases.

3M/hr? That's chump change now.

Not really, but then again I see it through the view point of a player.

I don't ruin the game (merchant), I don't scam little kids, I'm not a thug (pker) or bug abuser (staker), I don't RWT or bot, and I don't make up numbers like the efficiency crowd.

So 3mil/hr really isn't chump change from my point of view.

nice hypocrisy

gol still wont admit hes wrong? whats new

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

well, he isn't wrong about 3m/hr not being chump change...for about...99% of the players in RS, that's far from chump change.

Yet should the very best of the best armour be used by the average player?

Besides, I've told several times that with the current timing mechanism (where only the half-seconds are counted that are actual combat) the equipment time is much longer then 10 hours.. (more in the range of 20 hours, maybe 30 if you boss hunt solely with these things).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

well, he isn't wrong about 3m/hr not being chump change...for about...99% of the players in RS, that's far from chump change.

Yet should the very best of the best armour be used by the average player?

Besides, I've told several times that with the current timing mechanism (where only the half-seconds are counted that are actual combat) the equipment time is much longer then 10 hours.. (more in the range of 20 hours, maybe 30 if you boss hunt solely with these things).

No...I never implied that

(seriously.......so many times...words are put in my mouth....)

Among someone at yours, my and gol's levels it is

I disagree. Just because it's possible for me to make like...10-20% more then 3m...that doesn't make 3m an hour bad.

I still consider 2m an hour good, and 1m an hour decent depending on what it is you're doing to get it.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Someone tell me how you make 1m an hour. I don't doubt that its possible, I'm just terrible at making money, and would really like some advice.

3.5m per 10 hours to recharge the armor sounds fair. If you have 99 smithing, its more like 1.75m/10hrs, which is 175k an hour. That's 10 hours of combat, so it probably won't even cost that much.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Someone tell me how you make 1m an hour. I don't doubt that its possible, I'm just terrible at making money, and would really like some advice.

TDs, Frost dragons, Bandos solo/duo/trio, Arma solo, using fruit bat scrolls with summoning potions, farming torstol with juju pots (over 4.8m/hour but you can only spend about 5 minutes on it every 70 minute growth cycle), 6 man corp, pawya/grenwall hunting... TONS of things make over 1m/hour. Most of those things make in excess of 2.5m/hour average for an experienced player with optimal stats and gear.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png