Nex Strategy Discussion

TheAncient

What findings do you have on Nex?

Here are some of mine:

Killcount

-- Need a certain amount of defense to have monsters not aggro on you. This defense includes prayer and pot boosts.

-- Steel Titan + Claws on Ragers seems to be the fastest. Stay away from rangers and mages.

Nex

-- Range is the best due to Nex's running around

-- Rigour > Curses

-- Pray mage most of the time

-- For a weapon: CCBow+Div/Ely ~ Pernix Bow > CCBow+Void Deflector+Ranger Body > Hand Cannon > CCBow+Zammy Book

-- For ammo: Ruby(e) > Diamond(e) for most of the kill (?)

-- Void range is the best armor

-- Defense barely matters

-- The two most dangerous attacks are the freeze attack (hits with a max of at least 750, followed by one or two 320's or lower) and the Center attack

-- The blood form requires sheer DPS to power through

-- Rapier the Reavers ASAP

-- Either shadow or smoke requires range pray

-- Dwarf cannon cannot be set up

TBD:

-- Do freezing spells work?

-- What special to use?

-- How do the Reavers heal Nex?

-- What methods are there to prevent other healing on the blood form?

Credit goes to my perm team (Grimy Bunyip, Squisher_33/A Final Name, Lalala7324/Rocked, Me) and some of Andrew Calc's buddies

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the zaryte bow would be good there, you could just wear Ccbow + Zammy book with ruby (e), would have more accuracy, prayer bonus and the bolts' effect of hitting 600 most of the fight.

The freeze attack? Which one, the one where it barrages everyone or that it makes a similar attack to icy bones, making an ice square with some stalagmites or something?. Because the barrage one never hits on me and I don't consider it that dangerous, to me the most dangerous one is the shadow one where you either run or get owned, and the NO ESCAPE one.

Other than that I agree with you in everything else.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Zaryte bow is because of the cost. Hand cannon costs about 600K per hour if shooting continuously; Diamond e costs about 250K per hour if shooting continuously with an accumulator; Zaryte costs 100K an hour for ammo that's about 10% stronger than Diamond

Ruby e maxes at 500

Deflector is going to be way better than zammy book

I've been nearly KO'ed and ROLed by the freeze attack even safing up to 1100+ HP. One combo hit 750/350 in two attacks, back to back.

Shadow attack is no problem, just keep on running around. Plus its not even that dangerous if you safe

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Weird...I haven't gotten hit by ice attack at all and haven't seen anyone else.

Forgot the 600 was on Mages rather than Nex, sorry lol.

As for shadow attack, I tend to lag a bit when this happens, so I never make it on time >.>

And I still think Zaryte's not worth it, ccbow + Deflector like you said would be better

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

the aversion i have to crossbows is the short range.

nex runs around a lot.

the main benefit of the handcannon is the long range.

On rapid, I believe the handcannon's range is longer than the distance you need to run to avoid the Nex has marked you for sacrifice

So it's possible to be ranging Nex, she marks you for sacrifice, then you immediately get the message that you ran away far enough from Nex to escape her, even though you did not move.

Simply because you were already far enough away.

that's really really really long range, and definitely shouldn't be underestimated for a boss that likes to run around as much as Nex.

now lets do a DPS comparison between void + Chaotic Crossbow + divine + Diamond bolts

vs Void handcannon

lets first ignore the diamond spec effect because we don't know how exactly it works.

now lets assume below 50% accuracy on both the handcannon and diamond bolts ignoring spec.

284k DPS coefficient for ruby bolts (e) ignoring spec

387k DPS coefficient for ruby bolts (e) including spec assuming 1/3 chance of spec with seers 4

that's 288k DPS coefficient for diamond bolts (e) ignoring spec

311k DPS coefficient for handcannon.

but just keep in mind that

Naaxi.png

nex runs around a lot.

On rapid, I believe the handcannon's range is longer than the distance you need to run to avoid the Nex has marked you for sacrifice

So it's possible to be ranging Nex, she marks you for sacrifice, then you immediately get the message that you ran away far enough from Nex to escape her, even though you did not move.

that's really really really long range, and definitely shouldn't be underestimated for a boss that likes to run around as much as Nex.

Is it true her blood spells are more powerful five days out of the month?

nex runs around a lot.

That is both disgusting, TMI but yet oh so funny hahaha

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

nex runs around a lot.

Rofl.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

How would the Zartye bow be better then the chaotic C bow void?

It's less accurate, less powerful (if you're using Above diamond bolts), fires at the same speed, and you loose your shield. The new bow should be in last out of your choices.

I'd also use Hand Cannon over it...the increased distance and power, Plus it's extreme accuracy spec, the only real downside to using it is it has a chance to blow up. Let's face it, the costs of using a hand cannon are nothing for the people who can even fight nex successfully.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

600K an hour is not nothing, lol.

sigcopyaf.png

pronexgear.png

ain't even mad

sigcopyaf.png

Still, any chaotic C bow setup should work better, unless there's something about this bow I don't know about.

Yes, better for damage output but considering chaotic risk and cost it's a fair enough tradeoff that the new bow will be situationally better

sigcopyaf.png

Which attack do you mean with the freeze attack? (there's one which is Icy Bones alike, and another one that's just like ice barrage). I've personally been hit 600+ by her when she disabled my prayer and used some kind of attack after that. Not sure which special that was though.

Still, any chaotic C bow setup should work better, unless there's something about this bow I don't know about.

ignoring bolt specs, handcannon owns every other item in dps even in low accuracy scenarios.

even if the handcannon is hitting with 1% accuracy on some monster.

the extra accuracy on say, a chaotic crossbow + unholy book.

will NEVER boost the accuracy enough to justify

and of course, remember handcannon has like, 2x longer range than crossbows. which is important at nex.

I fletched myself 300 ruby bolts and im beginning to test those.

Perhaps ill do diamond bolts at a later date.

ppl told me 33% spec rate.

but I pulled off about 15 specs at duel arena.

and of that data pool, under 20% of the accurate hits were specs.

so 33% spec rate seems like too high a number.

Naaxi.png

Just something to throw out there, but I'm reasonably certain that your maxhit with any weapon caps at 500.

I've used quite a few BGS specials on her, and my max with it was a flat 500, 707xp Special.

Hmm, this might actually make accurate weapons more favourable than high str weapons. In this case, a CCbow (higher accuracy, lower max) might be better than handcannon (lower accuracy, higher max). For melee, high accuracy and high str go together, but still it would make the rapier relatively better (since maul now only profits much less from its higher max hit).

What I am interested in is how many kills do people average now per trip. Are you lucky to get 1 or 2 or is 5+ possible?

Also I was thinking there might be some familiars which might be of good help. For example I quite succesfully used spirit kyatt's special attack against Nomad, would that be a viable option for nex? And what about steel titan's ranged attacks? Staying there longer seems what everybody is aiming for with the yaks but maybe some combat focussed familiars are the way to get (much) quicker kills?

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

ignoring bolt specs, handcannon owns every other item in dps even in low accuracy scenarios.

even if the handcannon is hitting with 1% accuracy on some monster.

the extra accuracy on say, a chaotic crossbow + unholy book.

will NEVER boost the accuracy enough to justify

and of course, remember handcannon has like, 2x longer range than crossbows. which is important at nex.

I fletched myself 300 ruby bolts and im beginning to test those.

Perhaps ill do diamond bolts at a later date.

ppl told me 33% spec rate.

but I pulled off about 15 specs at duel arena.

and of that data pool, under 20% of the accurate hits were specs.

so 33% spec rate seems like too high a number.

Wrong context, I was comparing C Cbow to the New bow. Not C Cbow to Handcannon.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

5 kills a trip 10 man

whose managed to pull that off yet?

btw right now I'm inclined to advocate diamond bolt, but blood bolts for the early part of the soulsplit phase, and the blood phase (except against reavers)

im pretty sure blood bolts are better DPS than diamond bolts.

since a blood spec is essentially an over 2x damage spec.

ud need a pretty hefty damage and accuracy negation to be better than 2x damage.

granted diamond bolts wont leech ur health hence id recommend it for durations of nex fights where dps is not as important.

Naaxi.png