General Aversion to Degradation

Sinkhan

I don;t see how its such a big inconvenience to slaying. (dg rewards aside)

Alot of quick tele routes invovle going through your house; so just take some coins pop to the workshop grab a hammer and fix it. Plus this way its up to 50% cheaper.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don;t see how its such a big inconvenience to slaying. (dg rewards aside)

Alot of quick tele routes invovle going through your house; so just take some coins pop to the workshop grab a hammer and fix it. Plus this way its up to 50% cheaper.

The Alot.

You get the money on the task itself, and the hammer is already in the house.

I cannot name a country, but can you give me an efficient process for separating the copper and zinc as to a point where you are actually "saving or taking money" from it? It already costs 1.65 cents to make one penny. <----- that I had to look up.

Firstly, destroying metal coins, atleast in most places, is illegal, secondly, it's not rare that the metal of coins is worth more than the coin itself, and thirdly, it's really not that difficult if done industrially. As for a simple method, try hydrochloric acid- the copper will not react. It's also funny to note that the Estonian crown will be eliminated from use and the metal of coins will be melted and separated into new alloys.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I don't like it because it makes the armor seem useless. It becomes a situational armor, like barrows to me. If I were to buy the full set I would only use it when I really needed it, but because there are no monsters in RS that actually needs great defense I would never use it outside of bosses.

The armor is cool and the HP boost is nice, but with the cost of repairing it I will probably never use it. I have no problem staying alive anywhere in RS with just barrows or bandos, so what is the point in going overkill with armor that degrades. However, if it didn't degrade I would use it and use it a lot.

Stellactic.gif

New Armour is for the future, and in the future there might be new skills or additional makes you better and stronger..

Bandos is a great gear, specially for slayer..

barrows is also a good gear

for new armours, not worth the 10 mil or 5 mil for 10 hrs only ? where we gonna use it ? for slayer ? to show off ? only for nex for now.

i won't replace bandos for now, maybe after i get 99 slayer :P cus am not into fighting/slayer much

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

I cannot name a country, but can you give me an efficient process for separating the copper and zinc as to a point where you are actually "saving or taking money" from it? It already costs 1.65 cents to make one penny. <----- that I had to look up.

Firstly, destroying metal coins, atleast in most places, is illegal, secondly, it's not rare that the metal of coins is worth more than the coin itself, and thirdly, it's really not that difficult if done industrially. As for a simple method, try hydrochloric acid- the copper will not react. It's also funny to note that the Estonian crown will be eliminated from use and the metal of coins will be melted and separated into new alloys.

The fact that defacing or destroying money is a given but is the basis of why we began an argument so it does not really matter that it is illegal. Also, the process may be easily achieved industrially, or even small time project possibly, to separate alloys within a coin. However, that does not mean that you can actually make money from the process.

Consider the example of the US penny, comprised of 2.5% copper and 97.5% zinc. The cost of copper is about $4.30 per pound, and zinc is about $1.08 per pound. I highly doubt there is a process that can separate the two metals from pennies making it profitable to do so at the same time, industrial or not.

However, relating it all back to the original discussion, the point is that people and players wish to get the most out of their money. In terms of degrading armour, getting the most out of your money means repairing the armour to get benefits that outweigh the cost of repair.

wessan.png

You can multitask(not afk) agility and runecrafting with watching movies. Hunter, not so much.

I can hunt perfectly fine while reading forums/watching movies. :P I even watched a ton of movies while getting 99 firemaking.

SAVE RUNESCAPE COINS/MONEY!!!

All new stuff are expensive, either we wait for years to buy it cheap or get it as a drop (hard for low levels),

Soon all will be poor.. >>back to runescape classic, hard to make 60k to buy rune full helm!!!

Oh! now i remember this story, someone tried to SCAM me back in runescape classic when rune full helm were rare drop from greater demons, they were only in wilderness and hard for us to kill and the trade limit was 60k gp maximum, the guy asked me 62k for the helm... he told me after he receive the 60k he puts the helm and i put 2k.. wohaah but iknew he was scamming so i cancled the trade screen..

WILL SCAMMING BE BACK TO RUNESCAPE AFTER THE FREE TRADE ???

i know jagex they are too clever to let that happen, i think they ar gonna make a great system to catch scammers and hackers.. WATCHOUT!!!!!!!

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Yes, I detest degrading armour. I like the idea of it - I feel it it necessary - but I wouldn't use it myself if there are sufficient non-degrading alternatives. I do use Chaotic Rapier despite the fact it degrades mostly because it is just one piece of weaponry that I can keep track of that helps significantly enough to warrant the bother of paying for degradation.

I'm personally hoping for armour that requires gold bars to maintain instead of gold coins :P Or mage armour that requires body or mind or soul or even fire runes to recharge. Maybe when it comes to the time when there are too many of those items. Naturally, scaling up like Barrows armour so that higher rc levels require fewer runes of course.

sweepsig.png

some people need to keep every gp in this economy irl and irs

How do people take money out irl? Melt pennies to make copper? I can't think of another way...

Lrn2economics

Zinc, actually. Pennies are mostly zinc anyway.

(Kidding, of course.)

I feel that people who dislike degrading simply don't want to keep worrying about their armor, regardless of the actually efficiency. Makes sense to me, it's the same as one of the reasons why people melee so much more than mage or range, since you never have to worry about ammo.

How do people take money out irl? Melt pennies to make copper? I can't think of another way...

Lrn2economics

(Kidding, of course.)

I feel that people who dislike degrading simply don't want to keep worrying about their armor, regardless of the actually efficiency. Makes sense to me, it's the same as one of the reasons why people melee so much more than mage or range, since you never have to worry about ammo.

Or because melee is more useful?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Lrn2economics

(Kidding, of course.)

Or because the combat triangle is so unbalanced PvM-wise that killing large numbers of random creaters (hello Slayer skill) is almost always faster to do when you're meleeing them? Though, i guess that would be a reason to call it 'useful'.

Oh! now i remember this story, someone tried to SCAM me back in runescape classic when rune full helm were rare drop from greater demons, they were only in wilderness and hard for us to kill and the trade limit was 60k gp maximum, the guy asked me 62k for the helm... he told me after he receive the 60k he puts the helm and i put 2k.. wohaah but iknew he was scamming so i cancled the trade screen..

Runescape classic...trade limit...

Hand over your drugs. Now.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Or because the combat triangle is so unbalanced PvM-wise that killing large numbers of random creaters (hello Slayer skill) is almost always faster to do when you're meleeing them? Though, i guess that would be a reason to call it 'useful'.

Lol yea, that basically proved what I said :rolleyes:

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Lrn2economics

(Kidding, of course.)

Well I never said it was the only reason.

But you can't say that the ammo problem isn't a bother for magers and rangers.

buy 5k broad bolts, the ammo doesn't bother me for quiet some time :P

Can't deny that.

But that's just you, isn't it? I'm sure there are others who aren't bothered, but at the same time, I'm sure there are others who are.

Remember we are talking about possible reasons that some people, as a general statement, might want to melee partly because of the ammo issue.

Lrn2economics

You've got a bright future ahead living paycheck to paycheck.

So never learn to save. NEVER.

Saving money in a bank does not remove it from the economy.

When you deposit money, that specific bank has more money to potentially lone out which the borrower will spend on an emu farm or something and stimulate the economy.

Burrying works(at least temporarily), though.

EDIT: Also, I don't have time to spend AT LEAST 40 seconds teleporting to my house and repairing crap between tasks if the only bonus is increasing my defense. That ranger armor is a bit more interesting though...and I have a feeling that that will end up as the most expensive set.

The ranger armour? Really? From what I've seen, that was the least desirable out of them all o.O

I want the mage armour because... I like mage >.<

Lrn2economics

Just in case you did not know: United States' pennies haven't been made from copper for about thirty years. The outer layer is a copper coating but about 98% of the coin is zinc.

As for degradation of items, I do not like them based on the fact that if I earn it, then I have it. I should not have to constantly maintain a digital item. Understandably a car needs maintenance, but not my armour in Runescape. Although I do not like them, I do use such armours as barrows and others that do degrade for the reason that benefits outweigh costs.

runescape is ment to be somewhat real, yea i know we blast huge monsters with magic etc, but point is, sometimes a bit of real-ness leaks in, and haveing to ripair armour is just one of thouse things.

besdies, even if you "earn" the item, you can think of the degradeing as continueing to earn it.

Except that only the strongest armour needs repair. Weaker armour lasts forever. How does that work?

Frankly, the only degrading armour that makes sense is the crystal bow. Use it for so many shots, and as it degrades it gets weaker. Oh, except for the fact that the crystal bow is made by singing.

Please, please, don't try to relate RS gameplay to reality and physics. Please don't.

buy 5k broad bolts, the ammo doesn't bother me for quiet some time :P

Can't deny that.

But that's just you, isn't it? I'm sure there are others who aren't bothered, but at the same time, I'm sure there are others who are.

Remember we are talking about possible reasons that some people, as a general statement, might want to melee partly because of the ammo issue.

That is a potential issue... I'd say the real problem is magers/rangers either can't hit high enough with cheap ammo, or find the high hitting ammo too expensive to use. But that's beside the point...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Im getting sicker and sicker everyday i hear people whining about degradation...

Because we're getting sicker and sicker of the same damn mechanic being used over and over.

But...it's not...we have 3 major areas that degrade

Barrows

Chaotics

Nex Armor/bow

Anything else that degrades that I'm able to think of just isn't worth using anymore (or never was worth using)

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Im getting sicker and sicker everyday i hear people whining about degradation...

Because we're getting sicker and sicker of the same damn mechanic being used over and over.

But...it's not...we have 3 major areas that degrade

Barrows

Chaotics

Nex Armor/bow

Anything else that degrades that I'm able to think of just isn't worth using anymore (or never was worth using)

Elven Crystal Bow/Shield

nyuseg.png