Death Rune Crash

mage2116

@ortrademe: Maybe all the Merch clans had a big conferance Jan 6th and said:

"ok guys, with free trade comming and with it our probable demise, I say we crash the entire runescape market. That'll learn em....

Tommorrow, we dump EVERYTHING, yes cowkiller13 EVERYTHING, even your death runes."

:unsure:

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange...But I guess it will all go back to normal before long, seems like a good opportunity for merchers. Maybe some super rich mercher has been solo-buying out raw materials at mid for years and suddenly decided to dump everything? Unlikely but I can't think of anything more realistic lol. Buying 200k deaths for mid anyways so they better go back up :P

Bbk.png

Three word:

Its about time

Deaths the price of bloods?? No thankyou

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Pretty much everything is falling in price.

Yeah, i'm wondering why this is really.

It has to do with the Free Trade and Old Wildy returning, that is for sure. People have been panic selling quite a few items and even though the worst crashes many items are still falling. I don't know exactly why so many items are falling this much, but I think that it all have to do with that people think that RS will become quite much of a new game when Free Trade and the Old Wildy comes back. Especially when Free Trade returns the market will change. None really knows how much and in what way, so people sell off their items to get as much gp as possible.

Why death runes have suddenly dropped this much I don't know, but perhaps rcing deaths have become less popular because of some reason? What that would be I don't know though.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

It has to do with the Free Trade and Old Wildy returning, that is for sure. People have been panic selling quite a few items and even though the worst crashes many items are still falling. I don't know exactly why so many items are falling this much, but I think that it all have to do with that people think that RS will become quite much of a new game when Free Trade and the Old Wildy comes back. Especially when Free Trade returns the market will change. None really knows how much and in what way, so people sell off their items to get as much gp as possible.

Why death runes have suddenly dropped this much I don't know, but perhaps rcing deaths have become less popular because of some reason? What that would be I don't know though.

Which is so weird..

Don't everybody remember that the prices actaully crashed when free trade was removed?

Returning should actually strengthen the prices of raws.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The way I see it, things are crashing because some people are stopping with manipulation clans and high volume flipping.

I mean...I know flipping is kind of going to be possible technically right until the update. But I dunno...

I know I personally stopped flipping. I'm not sure why...it just seems pointless to do it when free trade is coming back? That doesn't really make sense...but it is what my brain is telling me. lol...anyone help me make sense of this?

If a large portion of manipulators and flippers stopped, then prices would definitely fall due to less artificial demand.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Which is so weird..

Don't everybody remember that the prices actaully crashed when free trade was removed?

I don't think prices crashed because free trade was removed but rather because a huge change was happening. Besides, there are always people who don't bother to check the facts. "Oh noes, GE is being removed!!! It'll take me forever to sell my [whatever] on world 2!!!"

Castle of Zoltar

The way I see it, things are crashing because some people are stopping with manipulation clans and high volume flipping.

I know I personally stopped flipping.

That is the case for me too, a market which is booming or crashing isn't ideal for item-flipping.

Well, for me it is, too risky imo.

Remember the massive inflation when pvp/bh statues were released? They bring tons of pure gp into the game and when new wild comes all this gp is gonna stop entering the game. Meaning gp is worth more relative to items. In other words items go down, gp is worth more. So the smart people are liquidating there banks and building a cash stack while theres still [cabbage]loads of gp entering the game through pvp. Idk if this sounds confusing to you guys I did economics in college lol

Bbk.png

Meaning gp is worth more relative to items. In other words items go down, gp is worth more. So the smart people are liquidating there banks and building a cash stack while theres still [cabbage]loads of gp entering the game through pvp.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Basically, sell all your items for GP, so you can't lose 'value', even if the market crashes and goes all over the place for the next 6 months. But I think it has a lot more to do with pure GP entering the game through PvP. I think it also has to do with monster drops in relevance to the Free Trade update.

It's the anticipation of no more pvp-statuettes-inflation.

Armour and weapons have an extra reason to crash, because they no longer get lost when you will die in free trade pvp, your opponent just picks them up.

The flipping comment makes sense too. I bet most flippers stopped flipping cause prices are going too unstable (mostly crashing), causing an even more downards trend.

not sure, just thought if deaths become less popular and less profitable, people may start crafting nats again in higher numbers.

Although looking at it, what was said above makes far too much sense to not believe.

That would make Natures go down then if more people start crafting them again.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

While all of those previous reasons could be true, they don't really explain the actual crash that many items had on Jan 6/7. Since the anouncement of the free trade vote, price have slowly gone down (most crashes were either manipulated items or due to Nex, not FT) but nothing too bad. But it seems that something on Jan 6 caused the crash of plenty of raw goods. Take a look at the graphs for natures, deaths, gold ore, yews, teak planks, and various other 'basic level goods'. They show that something happened Jan 6th, but what? Was that the day that the vote hit 1M votes? Because that was seen by most players as the point at which the return of FT was as good as confirmed.

Remember the massive inflation when pvp/bh statues were released? They bring tons of pure gp into the game and when new wild comes all this gp is gonna stop entering the game. Meaning gp is worth more relative to items. In other words items go down, gp is worth more. So the smart people are liquidating there banks and building a cash stack while theres still [cabbage]loads of gp entering the game through pvp. Idk if this sounds confusing to you guys I did economics in college lol

If the way the wild works is changed, it doesn't mean all the money gained from it is gone all of a sudden. The money is still there, so after a while, people will buy stuff again. changing the wildy may stop the inflation, but it won't counter it.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

If the way the wild works is changed, it doesn't mean all the money gained from it is gone all of a sudden. The money is still there, so after a while, people will buy stuff again. changing the wildy may stop the inflation, but it won't counter it.

There will come more and more players.. And typically the richer players stop (which is the biggest money sink).. So slowly the average coins/person will reduce.

Then they came for me

So many [cabbage] being told here.

Inflation/deflation/equilibrum is a dynamic process. Money continuously goes in (alching, pvp statuettes, coin drops), money continuously goes out (construction, reparing chaotics/barrows/zaros, shops, ...). This means the arguement "the money is still there" is not valid. It might take a while to reach the new equilibrum but in the long run, there WILL be an equilibrum with LESS money in game (after the removal of pvp statuettes).

If you actually looked at the graph of some items, you might have noticed that inflation has already ceased more or less. Actually, depending on how and which items you interpret, we can even talk about deflation. I think dungeoneering plays a role here, because more and more people are getting chaotics and recharging it.

Nevertheless, the removal of pvp statuettes will surely switch the equilibrum to deflation (if we weren't already there). Just look back at what happened when they were introduced. Look at the prices we had back then. Look at what they've become. In the long run, we should reach those prices again (in general of course, new updates etc. affected quite a few item's prices). Actually, with dungeoneering items, and now the new Zaros armours, it might be even "worse".

Pulli: the richest players quit. Hmm, you mean the ones that constantly use chaotic and torva? The ones that drain millions of gp out of the economy? The ones that buy phats when they quit? I can state exactly the opposite (richest player out of the game means more inflation), so I wouldn't be too quick to draw conclusions there. Also, who told you the richest players quit the most?

So many [cabbage] being told here.

Inflation/deflation/equilibrum is a dynamic process. Money continuously goes in (alching, pvp statuettes, coin drops), money continuously goes out (construction, reparing chaotics/barrows/zaros, shops, ...). This means the arguement "the money is still there" is not valid. It might take a while to reach the new equilibrum but in the long run, there WILL be an equilibrum with LESS money in game (after the removal of pvp statuettes).

If you actually looked at the graph of some items, you might have noticed that inflation has already ceased more or less. Actually, depending on how and which items you interpret, we can even talk about deflation. I think dungeoneering plays a role here, because more and more people are getting chaotics and recharging it.

Nevertheless, the removal of pvp statuettes will surely switch the equilibrum to deflation (if we weren't already there). Just look back at what happened when they were introduced. Look at the prices we had back then. Look at what they've become. In the long run, we should reach those prices again (in general of course, new updates etc. affected quite a few item's prices). Actually, with dungeoneering items, and now the new Zaros armours, it might be even "worse".

Pulli: the richest players quit. Hmm, you mean the ones that constantly use chaotic and torva? The ones that drain millions of gp out of the economy? The ones that buy phats when they quit? I can state exactly the opposite (richest player out of the game means more inflation), so I wouldn't be too quick to draw conclusions there. Also, who told you the richest players quit the most?

Uhm on average the amount of coins on players who quit is bigger than on those who enter...

And richest I mean of course the ones above average wealth. (so more than 10m).

Then they came for me

Which is so weird..

Part of it is because people didn't know how trade would work after the removal of free trade.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Which is so weird..

Part of it is because people didn't know how trade would work after the removal of free trade.

Also, the goldfarmers sold their massive stocks of items all at the same time in order to liquidate their banks before the trade limit was enforced. I remember seeing gold farmers selling gold for $1/M (was normally 4-5 back then) in a panic sell-off because at the time, everyone assumed it would mean the death of RWT. Oh, how wrong we were....