Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Death Rune Crash

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

RESULTS
[ Display Name History ]

RESULTS

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 142 posts
not sure, just thought if deaths become less popular and less profitable, people may start crafting nats again in higher numbers.

Although looking at it, what was said above makes far too much sense to not believe.

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

not sure, just thought if deaths become less popular and less profitable, people may start crafting nats again in higher numbers.

Although looking at it, what was said above makes far too much sense to not believe.

That would make Natures go down then if more people start crafting them again.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
While all of those previous reasons could be true, they don't really explain the actual crash that many items had on Jan 6/7. Since the anouncement of the free trade vote, price have slowly gone down (most crashes were either manipulated items or due to Nex, not FT) but nothing too bad. But it seems that something on Jan 6 caused the crash of plenty of raw goods. Take a look at the graphs for natures, deaths, gold ore, yews, teak planks, and various other 'basic level goods'. They show that something happened Jan 6th, but what? Was that the day that the vote hit 1M votes? Because that was seen by most players as the point at which the return of FT was as good as confirmed.

Wachtwoord
[ Display Name History ]

Wachtwoord

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,997 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Who Plays

Remember the massive inflation when pvp/bh statues were released? They bring tons of pure gp into the game and when new wild comes all this gp is gonna stop entering the game. Meaning gp is worth more relative to items. In other words items go down, gp is worth more. So the smart people are liquidating there banks and building a cash stack while theres still [cabbage]loads of gp entering the game through pvp. Idk if this sounds confusing to you guys I did economics in college lol

If the way the wild works is changed, it doesn't mean all the money gained from it is gone all of a sudden. The money is still there, so after a while, people will buy stuff again. changing the wildy may stop the inflation, but it won't counter it.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+
Posted Image

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Remember the massive inflation when pvp/bh statues were released? They bring tons of pure gp into the game and when new wild comes all this gp is gonna stop entering the game. Meaning gp is worth more relative to items. In other words items go down, gp is worth more. So the smart people are liquidating there banks and building a cash stack while theres still [cabbage]loads of gp entering the game through pvp. Idk if this sounds confusing to you guys I did economics in college lol

If the way the wild works is changed, it doesn't mean all the money gained from it is gone all of a sudden. The money is still there, so after a while, people will buy stuff again. changing the wildy may stop the inflation, but it won't counter it.

There will come more and more players.. And typically the richer players stop (which is the biggest money sink).. So slowly the average coins/person will reduce.

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
So many [cabbage] being told here.

Inflation/deflation/equilibrum is a dynamic process. Money continuously goes in (alching, pvp statuettes, coin drops), money continuously goes out (construction, reparing chaotics/barrows/zaros, shops, ...). This means the arguement "the money is still there" is not valid. It might take a while to reach the new equilibrum but in the long run, there WILL be an equilibrum with LESS money in game (after the removal of pvp statuettes).

If you actually looked at the graph of some items, you might have noticed that inflation has already ceased more or less. Actually, depending on how and which items you interpret, we can even talk about deflation. I think dungeoneering plays a role here, because more and more people are getting chaotics and recharging it.

Nevertheless, the removal of pvp statuettes will surely switch the equilibrum to deflation (if we weren't already there). Just look back at what happened when they were introduced. Look at the prices we had back then. Look at what they've become. In the long run, we should reach those prices again (in general of course, new updates etc. affected quite a few item's prices). Actually, with dungeoneering items, and now the new Zaros armours, it might be even "worse".

Pulli: the richest players quit. Hmm, you mean the ones that constantly use chaotic and torva? The ones that drain millions of gp out of the economy? The ones that buy phats when they quit? I can state exactly the opposite (richest player out of the game means more inflation), so I wouldn't be too quick to draw conclusions there. Also, who told you the richest players quit the most?

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

So many [cabbage] being told here.

Inflation/deflation/equilibrum is a dynamic process. Money continuously goes in (alching, pvp statuettes, coin drops), money continuously goes out (construction, reparing chaotics/barrows/zaros, shops, ...). This means the arguement "the money is still there" is not valid. It might take a while to reach the new equilibrum but in the long run, there WILL be an equilibrum with LESS money in game (after the removal of pvp statuettes).

If you actually looked at the graph of some items, you might have noticed that inflation has already ceased more or less. Actually, depending on how and which items you interpret, we can even talk about deflation. I think dungeoneering plays a role here, because more and more people are getting chaotics and recharging it.

Nevertheless, the removal of pvp statuettes will surely switch the equilibrum to deflation (if we weren't already there). Just look back at what happened when they were introduced. Look at the prices we had back then. Look at what they've become. In the long run, we should reach those prices again (in general of course, new updates etc. affected quite a few item's prices). Actually, with dungeoneering items, and now the new Zaros armours, it might be even "worse".

Pulli: the richest players quit. Hmm, you mean the ones that constantly use chaotic and torva? The ones that drain millions of gp out of the economy? The ones that buy phats when they quit? I can state exactly the opposite (richest player out of the game means more inflation), so I wouldn't be too quick to draw conclusions there. Also, who told you the richest players quit the most?

Uhm on average the amount of coins on players who quit is bigger than on those who enter...

And richest I mean of course the ones above average wealth. (so more than 10m).

Then they came for me

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

Pretty much everything is falling in price.

Yeah, i'm wondering why this is really.

It has to do with the Free Trade and Old Wildy returning, that is for sure. People have been panic selling quite a few items and even though the worst crashes many items are still falling. I don't know exactly why so many items are falling this much, but I think that it all have to do with that people think that RS will become quite much of a new game when Free Trade and the Old Wildy comes back. Especially when Free Trade returns the market will change. None really knows how much and in what way, so people sell off their items to get as much gp as possible.
Why death runes have suddenly dropped this much I don't know, but perhaps rcing deaths have become less popular because of some reason? What that would be I don't know though.

Which is so weird..
Don't everybody remember that the prices actaully crashed when free trade was removed?

Returning should actually strengthen the prices of raws.

Part of it is because people didn't know how trade would work after the removal of free trade.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
Yep, and most importantly, with free trade comes "no more statuettes", and THAT's the reason prices are crashing.

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Which is so weird..
Don't everybody remember that the prices actaully crashed when free trade was removed?

Part of it is because people didn't know how trade would work after the removal of free trade.

Also, the goldfarmers sold their massive stocks of items all at the same time in order to liquidate their banks before the trade limit was enforced. I remember seeing gold farmers selling gold for $1/M (was normally 4-5 back then) in a panic sell-off because at the time, everyone assumed it would mean the death of RWT. Oh, how wrong we were....

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Which is so weird..

Also, the goldfarmers sold their massive stocks of items all at the same time in order to liquidate their banks before the trade limit was enforced. I remember seeing gold farmers selling gold for $1/M (was normally 4-5 back then) in a panic sell-off because at the time, everyone assumed it would mean the death of RWT. Oh, how wrong we were....

Still the prices kept lowering for the next year or 2 (untill statues in fact)..

Then they came for me

MightyMuddy
[ Display Name History ]

MightyMuddy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Do you all think death runes will rebound to their full price?

Zaps
[ Display Name History ]

Zaps

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • RSN:Spaz4010
  • RSN2:Zaps

Do you all think death runes will rebound to they're full price?

To their full price of 300 gp?
Posted Image

MightyMuddy
[ Display Name History ]

MightyMuddy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts

Sorry original price of 372gp mid.

Zaps
[ Display Name History ]

Zaps

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • RSN:Spaz4010
  • RSN2:Zaps

I just looked, and I didn't realise that death runes dipped under 300 gp as of now, but they are up 1 gp though, so maybe this "crash" is over?
Posted Image

curtis95112
[ Display Name History ]

curtis95112

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 186 posts

I just looked, and I didn't realise that death runes dipped under 300 gp as of now, but they are up 1 gp though, so maybe this "crash" is over?

This is all speculation of course but they'll probably rebound to 330gp or so in the short term at least.
Not sure when they'll recover their original price though, the rise is bound to slow down after a while. All in all, it might take over a year. [/speculation]
Castle of Zoltar

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RSN:Dexek
They've bought real slowly at max all day, similar to cannonballs.

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

MightyMuddy
[ Display Name History ]

MightyMuddy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
+15gp, good for me I just got 150k of em :)

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts
Any estimates on a stable price post-Feb 1?

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
300 ea perhaps. Maybe upwards to 350 ea.

Staurolite.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users