The work of Myu

Myu

So I'm gonna make this into a spot where I post my drawings and works in progess if I feel like it.

This is just a sketch I did of nex on the first and second day Nex was released.

nexb.png

Next up, something I'm drawing per request. It's Black rock shooter crossed with some blazblue girl nu(?).

timehowdoesitwork6.png

Next, something I drew just to practice making linearts and colouring. I'm not satisfied with that ugly hair.

practicelineartcolourin.png

Nice! wish I could draw :(

Edit: If you tighten up and color the bust, under the full color pic, ppl could use it for sig image ;)

Everyone can draw, If they can accomplish three things. First and most important, Determination. Second, Basic eye to hand movement(If you can write, you're good to go). Thirdly, Being able to switch to using the right brain instead of the left side.

It's the last one where most people "fail", just because they heve never thought about it. Artists say to draw better you just need to look, and it's true. However, staring won't make you better. It's about shutting the left brain off, and not drawing a face, a car, some flowers. Instead you should draw what you SEE. If you take a picture, turn it upside down and draw it, or think about negative space(imagine the hole of a donut), you'll most probably do better than normal if you are a beginner(and pros too, honestly)

Why it works this way is because the left brain sees things a symbols. A car is a car, a head is two eyes, a nose, a mouth, wrinkles, some hair and two ears. However, all the right brain sees are shapes and colours. When you draw an eye withe the left brain, you'll remember this

eyefail.jpgBut with the right side brain you'll see this eyewin.jpg

Hope that helps you.

Also, I'm gonna clean that picture up for you. I'll post it as it's done.

I think her chest might be a little big but other then it looks good!

Hehe, Yeah. I don't really know if I should make her bongbongs smaller, Her chest is really tricky. If I do make her DFC, she might lose the sexiness she has. Looking at that ref(the only good ref I've seen) you can see I made her chest bigger so that that ridiculous neck doesn't dominate so much. All that which I put in her chest is really from her neck.

Edit: you can't even see the neck yet.. let me fix it.

nex2.png

The size of her chest currently is probably ideal for a drawing like yours. I don't think anyone is really going to mind either unless their like a perfectionist or something. Your neck looks good, I think it'll come together once you start adding color.

tFtfA.jpg

The skin doesn't need those bright white highlights on the arms. Having it on the nose is fine but nowhere else. Adding those highlights in other places gives it more of a porcelain look rather than realistic skin texture.

Otherwise it's nice :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The skin doesn't need those bright white highlights on the arms. Having it on the nose is fine but nowhere else. Adding those highlights in other places gives it more of a porcelain look rather than realistic skin texture.

Otherwise it's nice :)

Yes, the porcelain look is easily made by having crisp highlights on all skin parts.

I know it's not good, though. I have to get more experience with colour in general, since I mostly work in B&W. It feels as if I can't see minute shifts in the colour, especially in saturation. Skin is such a hard thing to colour for me.

Here's a B&W picture I did. Most of the time is spent on the hand, obviously. I gave up on it because the face gave me endless problems. The sketch of this took around one minute. All the shading is in one layer. I also notice now that his hidden knife is misplaced and deformed.

asassinscreed.png

As you start getting more into colour, you could try drawing in B&W first and then create a new layer on top, set the layer style to "Color" and then use this to fill in the colours. The B&W will take care of the values for you and the colour layer will give it colour.

I personally don't use the method much as I'm the opposite of you and love colour but not B&W but maybe it will help you. I know a few artists that swear by this method, particularly because it's helpful when ensuring that values are consistent.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

^ Multiply tends to work better than color for that.

I agree that getting the colors right is pretty hard. There's 3 things I do that can help with that though :

1- Picking a palette and sticking with it (i.e.: picking colors only from the palette, not the image)

2- Using the adjustment filters once in a while (color balance, saturation, curves, ...)

3- Overlaying a uniform color over the whole painting at a low opacity. Helps to link everything together.

------

Your art is pretty nice. Not too many good digital painters left around RS forums these days :( .

I like the way you sketch things, and you seem to have a fairly good understanding of proportions too.

If I had to criticize one thing, it would be the slight blurriness that seems to be shared throughout most of your drawings (with some exceptions, like that excellent hand rendition). Perhaps spending just a little more time fixing the coloring/shading would improve things greatly.

Good luck. I'll be checking this thread :-P

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

I like that but her torso and top half looks kinda too skinny. If I remember she was quite curvaceous. Nice drawing skills :thumbup:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢